ggggg    3612

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_INahLdPZoA[/youtube]

shout out lil boat

+Mascis    4566

+Mascis    4566

the album is amazing

• Upvote 2

Soul    7941
I wish he would've kept wolves with sia and vic mensa. Honestly was underwhelmed listening to the album version. Ultralight Beam is the standout for me along with Real Friends.
  • Upvote 4

Lyrically the album is towards the bottom compared to his other work.

Don't get me wrong, I don't go in expecting big things lyrically from Ye but some of the lines in the album are so jarring that they take you out of the song. Like the bleached asshole bit in FSMH pt. 1. Would have been a "best of" for me if Kanye didn't go so Kanye on it. Wolves does this too. Wish the vic + sia version would have made it so we would have been spared from that cringe 2nd verse by Ye.

Regardless of all that I think the album is great. It's probably one of the least innovative of his discography but I think that was intentionally done by Kanye. Definitely a great medley of themes and sounds from his previous albums.

Someone on reddit described it as a "greatest hits album of songs you've never heard before" which I think is pretty fitting because it lacks cohesiveness. Not in the same way Yeezus lacked cohesiveness though. This is different. After subsequent playthroughs I'm in the camp that believe the album proper ends at Wolves and everything after is essentially bonus tracks. Makes things mesh better to me.

Standout tracks to me are: ULB, FML, NMPILA, 30 Hours (where the fuck is the 3 stacks verse maaaaaan).

MBDTF > LR > CD > TLOP > Yeezus > 808s > Graduation

Grimey    8114

I wish he would've kept wolves with sia and vic mensa. Honestly was underwhelmed listening to the album version. Ultralight Beam is the standout for me along with Real Friends.

I agree

When I got to Wolves I was like "what the fuck is this shit", expecting Sia and Vic on the track 

I agree

When I got to Wolves I was like "what the fuck is this shit", expecting Sia and Vic on the track 

Kanye tweeted that he was "fixing" wolves.

That can mean a few different things though. Like fixing the shitty percussion switch up at like 1:26 on the track. Or fixing Frank's vocals in the outro to sound cleaner (but I like that as is), or just adding the vic + sia features back in.

Spadaro 3    1581

Don't get me wrong, I don't go in expecting big things lyrically from Ye but some of the lines in the album are so jarring that they take you out of the song. Like the bleached asshole bit in FSMH pt. 1. Would have been a "best of" for me if Kanye didn't go so Kanye on it. Wolves does this too. Wish the vic + sia version would have made it so we would have been spared from that cringe 2nd verse by Ye.

Regardless of all that I think the album is great. It's probably one of the least innovative of his discography but I think that was intentionally done by Kanye. Definitely a great medley of themes and sounds from his previous albums.

Someone on reddit described it as a "greatest hits album of songs you've never heard before" which I think is pretty fitting because it lacks cohesiveness. Not in the same way Yeezus lacked cohesiveness though. This is different. After subsequent playthroughs I'm in the camp that believe the album proper ends at Wolves and everything after is essentially bonus tracks. Makes things mesh better to me.

Standout tracks to me are: ULB, FML, NMPILA, 30 Hours (where the fuck is the 3 stacks verse maaaaaan).

You really think graduation is his worst album?

Also, ULB is fucking great

• Upvote 1

You really think graduation is his worst album?

Also, ULB is fucking great

Personally, I do. For awhile Yeezus and Graduation were reversed for me but after subsequent listens/revisits Yeezus definitely has grown on me.

I can't knock Graduation. I still think it's an incredible album and had major influence in the scene because of it. A lot of the production, while high quality, just wasn't/isn't my particular brand of hip-hop. I'm not really into some of the electronic elements that were integrated into the album. A lot of great tracks though and undeniably a really important album... but yeah.

I guess that's always a major issue with a linear ranking of Kanye's discography. Most people either say MBDTF or CD as their top which not many people have qualms with but someone somewhere is probably always going to disagree with someone's "least favorite" but that's all good cus it brings up discussion.

I'm excited to see what becomes of TLOP after it's remastered and "altered" for re-release next week. Hoping for Wolves to be fixed and for something to be done with the "middle" of the album because I felt it was the weakest area.

fake    4788

i like wolves as last song  does need that sia bit instead.  been playing around with order