Sign in to follow this  
Francis J Underwood

RWBY

Nish    253

Some of the music is really good!

I've not actually watched the show, although I want to get round to it at some point because anything with a good soundtrack must be at least watchable

• Upvote 1

Some of the music is really good!

I've not actually watched the show, although I want to get round to it at some point because anything with a good soundtrack must be at least watchable

Agreed on the soundtrack, but tbh they actually do a pretty good job with the show and plot overall. 

If you go the netflix route, just realize there are 4 trailers that aren't on there that are pretty much canon backstory that get referenced a ton in the series itself that you should watch. 

linked in OP

»JC.    4973

from what i remember, season 1 starts off with pretty bad voice acting

it definitely gets better

have seen season 1 and 2 and enjoyed it, only saw like episode one of season 3

pretty sure season 3 is a tournament arc, so it fits right in on the yugioh forums

• Upvote 1

+Gojira    1706

pretty sure season 3 is a tournament arc, so it fits right in on the yugioh forums

Yeah the first few episodes are really cringey, but they find their groove quickly.

• Upvote 1

Yea season 3 is the tournament arc, but it's also the first real season that the plot of the series starts to reveal itself as well. 

»Satchmo    3220
I never made a thread for this because the only people I've met who don't think RWBY is objectively trash use "XD" unironically.

Although I really like the series.
  • Upvote 2

+Urthor    10221

It's the sort of thing I'd just never watch because I like to think of myself as not being a creepo pedophile, but if HK or chat guardian disagree and think it has actually redeeming qualities beyond fanservice then I'll give it a go

• Upvote 1

»Satchmo    3220
Although I can barely stand the singing of Casey Lee Williams

It's the sort of thing I'd just never watch because I like to think of myself as not being a creepo pedophile, but if HK or chat guardian disagree and think it has actually redeeming qualities beyond fanservice then I'll give it a go

There's no fan service in terms of objectified teenage girls.

Although you could argue the ridiculously over the top fight scenes and tumblr/deviant art oc character tier weapons is fan service.
  • Upvote 2

Medb    773

I love the show. The first couple of seasons were really fun/cute things. And during this time, fans were really asking for the show to be more serious. So, the first half of volume 3 is like "oh cool, slight plot advancement, meeting other cool characters"... Then shit just hits the fan for the rest of Volume 3.  The finale for Volume 3 is really awesome.  Plus, the dude who made the show (Monty Oum) who'd passed away apparently had like 9 seasons planned out already, so the show will be going on for quite a bit.

Edit: and Yeah, there is like 0 fan service in terms of the teenage girls. I think the only thing that you might be able to consider fan service is a couple scenes where the girls are in pajamas (as in, fully clothed pajamas), which I think was partially done just to show the fact that despite what's happening, they're really just kids.

Also, this is just based on the date this topic was made, but I'm assuming you've watched all of volume 3, Francis?

I like the show,it is very nice to watch. I haven't seen any of the eps past S3, ep7. Thought I figure that people would be making more puns here. I guess I was wrong.

Medb    773
I'm not as punny as Barb is. I'd make some though, but I don't want to spoil anything . But I've really got to give them a hand, the last 2 episodes of the season really make you feel like you got shot in heart.
  • Upvote 1

I love the show. The first couple of seasons were really fun/cute things. And during this time, fans were really asking for the show to be more serious. So, the first half of volume 3 is like "oh cool, slight plot advancement, meeting other cool characters"... Then shit just hits the fan for the rest of Volume 3.  The finale for Volume 3 is really awesome.  Plus, the dude who made the show (Monty Oum) who'd passed away apparently had like 9 seasons planned out already, so the show will be going on for quite a bit.

Edit: and Yeah, there is like 0 fan service in terms of the teenage girls. I think the only thing that you might be able to consider fan service is a couple scenes where the girls are in pajamas (as in, fully clothed pajamas), which I think was partially done just to show the fact that despite what's happening, they're really just kids.

Also, this is just based on the date this topic was made, but I'm assuming you've watched all of volume 3, Francis?

I have watched all of vol 3.. 

Medb    773
I figured. Most people I've seen that have finished volume 3 have jumped right into speculation about all the things that can happen from this point on, or at the very least find people to talk about it.

I'm not as punny as Barb is. I'd make some though, but I don't want to spoil anything . But I've really got to give them a hand, the last 2 episodes of the season really make you feel like you got shot in heart.

[spoiler]Bet it took an arm and leg to come up with that one. [/spoiler]

[Spoiler] I guess we can't use yang' old last name anymore. Her new last name is now Yang Skywalker. She abandoned her last name the moment she because a half Edward.( FMA Edward) [/Spoiler]
  • Downvote 1

Medb    773

Yeah, that's kind of a big spoiler since it seems like it'll be *very* important.

Edit: I'm really interested to see where people thing the next season is going to go, but I think only 2 or 3 of us have watched the entirety of the show thus far and don't want to spoil it for anyone else.

• Upvote 1

»Satchmo    3220

It's difficult to predict next season, because we don't know enough about the location they're headed to. But an obvious one would be

[spoiler]They rescue Weiss from her family along the way. Although I don't expect Yang and Blake back in action by the end of next season, it'll probably be a while (if ever) before their entire plot lines are tied up and team RWBY is fully united.[/spoiler]

It's difficult to predict next season, because we don't know enough about the location they're headed to. But an obvious one would be

[spoiler]They rescue Weiss from her family along the way. Although I don't expect Yang and Blake back in action by the end of next season, it'll probably be a while (if ever) before their entire plot lines are tied up and team RWBY is fully united.[/spoiler]

I am actually okay with that so long as it is done well. 

Medb    773

[spoiler]I don't see Blake getting back involved until Adam is dead. And I don't see Yang getting too involved unless Ironwood makes her an arm.

Although, I'm curious about Qrow (with Ozpin's cane) turning into a crow... I don't recall any other shape-shifters so far... and makes me wonder why Ozpin is, since I'm doubting Cinder killed him.[/spoiler]