HououinKyouma

UDS Invitational Los Angeles - Winter 2016

HououinKyouma    814

So if I earned enough points through the ots qualifiers, but I'm under 100 on the list they have up now who should I contact to figure out if I can enter this. Don't want to drive 2.5 hours and pay for parking to find out I don't have enough points.

!Shining Bind!    220

I'll see everyone there. Kind of cool having the first (I think? Could be wrong) UDS Qualifier here. Kind of strange that they refuse to host a YCS in LA but UDS is fine

Dirk    1956
First one was in philly iirc, 40 ppl went

»Digbick    7262
Never understood why this shit needs points to enter when the first place prize is some plastic belt that konami bought from the wwe section at toy r us
  • Upvote 4

+scuzzlebutt    23495

Never understood why this shit needs points to enter when the first place prize is some plastic belt that konami bought from the wwe section at toy r us

Probably the highest EV yugioh event ever, considering the top 8 mats have sold for $500+.
  • Downvote 1

Me.    57

Probably the highest EV yugioh event ever, considering the top 8 mats have sold for $500+.

Nordics llds, top 8 mats going for 100 euro and the attendance was somewhere around 16 people. Plus 20-48 boosters depending on where in top 8 you finished and an ascension sky dragon to the winner. I won't do the math on it, but I think it comes close.

»Jeff Jones    13262

I'll be there also. A flight was like 350 dollars, and I really want the top 8 playmat lol. Also it's warm and hell, the belt would be nice too.

+Silver    1008

I might go just to trade and meet some of the pro players personally.

Idk if any really good players want to do player/deck profiles or yugi talk but I might do that tbh. 

ibGehring+    1409

Points force players to enter other events which is the objective of growing the game.

timmytlaa    59

So nobody's really said anything about the event so I'll just share with you guys what little information I know, in case any one is interested. The main event was so small, i believe it was 71 people? After the 7 rounds today, Jeff went undefeated with Phantom Knights, Loli was 2nd with Phantom Knights, I don't remember who was in 3rd, but Kyle Kemper is in 4th with Pepe, and Barrett was 5th with Super Quantum Monarchs. I believe after the 7 rounds today, they cut off to top 32 who will play 3 more rounds tomorrow before cutting to top 8. 

G Λ r Ω N    5934

You're really just really wrong here man.

Me.    57

Yeah 3 more rounds of swiss. Top 32 is
11 PePe
9 Kozmo
7 Monarch
2 Phantom Knight
1 Infernoid
1 Water
1 Geargia (yes you read that right)

Geargia doesn't surprise me that much since PePe dies to all of rivalry/gozen/anti-spell and at least two of those hinder both monarch and kozmo significantly, and having that searchable cydra probably helps a bit. I don't know if this is the approach he took, but is one that theoretically makes a lot of sense why it would do well.

Me.    57

jeff jones and his war against the secondary market strikes again

What does this mean?

HououinKyouma    814

I'm glad the geargia guy did well. He had a pretty sweet deck and was an awesome dude. The fact that I lost to him when he had slr on my twin twister trying to out asf made me root for him even harder.

TPoePro    34
Anyone grab the gear list?

timmytlaa    59

Wasn't just Jeff, Loli topped with it too

Loli was piloting what Jeff gave him. So it still is because of Jeff that the prices went up