ACP

Road of the King by Patrick Hoban

mark    3105
22 minutes ago, Abe Thalos said:

Lol obviously i'm going to let people play march so their deck is worse than mine.

Going into the format of its release in TCG We're all playing PePe, did you really want me to make the Domain Monarch players' decks better so the matchup gets worse for no reason?

Completely missing the point 

• Upvote 2

The_Be(a)sT    967
32 minutes ago, Abe Thalos said:

Going into the format of its release in TCG We're all playing PePe, did you really want me to make the Domain Monarch players' decks better so the matchup gets worse for no reason?

rofl

Jujuuu.    38

So basically it's good to run power cards over consistency cards in some cases? ie. Soul Charge in Mythic Rulers, Raigeki in any deck, etc...

Jujuuu.    38

Edit: double post

Haven't read the book (is poor, lol) and I constantly seek ygo IQ. Most of the concepts I'm seeing here I am comparing to Magic Pat's book.

mark    3105
29 minutes ago, Jojo. said:

Edit: double post

Haven't read the book (is poor, lol) and I constantly seek ygo IQ. Most of the concepts I'm seeing here I am comparing to Magic Pat's book.

You could read patrick's articles on ARG which explain his concept of power > consistency, the idea is that if you want to top you can play either decks, but if you want to win events you need powerful decks that can X-0 in top cut.  

• Upvote 1

FVFRYTHFNG    346

dunning-kruger-effect-1140x641.png

This dude in 1 post tbh

• Upvote 13
  • Downvote 1

Soul    7939
On 8/30/2016 at 4:05 PM, Abe Thalos said:

On 8/31/2016 at 8:07 AM, Abe Thalos said:

On 8/31/2016 at 9:10 AM, Abe Thalos said:

On 8/31/2016 at 9:39 AM, Abe Thalos said:

On 9/1/2016 at 7:53 AM, Abe Thalos said:

On 9/1/2016 at 8:44 AM, Abe Thalos said:

On 9/1/2016 at 11:27 AM, Abe Thalos said:

i hope he is banned. 

mark    3105

lol, this guy editted not only his posts in this thread, but all posts he's ever made, then made 2 'goodbye' threads

• Upvote 1

»ACP    33398

Unfortunately there's no way to view edit history or to undo post edits. The only thing that I can do would be change the setting that allows members to edit their posts at all, but I think that the majority of our members would find this annoying.

• Upvote 1

mark    3105

most of his posts in this thread got quoted anyway, so you can read the quotes on the previous page 

was it possible before the forum upgrade?
I swear i could do it at one stage (unless i'm thinking of somewhere else)

The irony might be lost on you guys but from what I can tell Abe's confidence is actually in the tube. When he thinks he is playing someone with greater skill than him he 2nd guesses every move he makes and ignores his intuition to the point he psychs himself out. If you would actually bother to talk to the dude you would discover he is really rather humble. I think the PS note from an article he wrote a few years ago sums it up even though he failed to see it, "Play better by thinking through your plays and what your opponent could do to counter those plays. It's hard to over-think so considering everything can't hurt(The fact of the matter is he does overthink and it does hurt). Just remember not to play too slowly because slow playing is not only rude, but can result in harsh penalties( This has led him to receive a lot of bad rep IRL because he is known for playing slow among other bad habits)." Here is the article so you guys can refer to it: http://articles.alterealitygames.com/stop-playing-bad/

• Downvote 5

+Digbick    7242
19 minutes ago, TheGoldenTyranno said:

The irony might be lost on you guys but from what I can tell Abe's confidence is actually in the tube. When he thinks he is playing someone with greater skill than him he 2nd guesses every move he makes and ignores his intuition to the point he psychs himself out. If you would actually bother to talk to the dude you would discover he is really rather humble. I think the PS note from an article he wrote a few years ago sums it up even though he failed to see it, "Play better by thinking through your plays and what your opponent could do to counter those plays. It's hard to over-think so considering everything can't hurt(The fact of the matter is he does overthink and it does hurt). Just remember not to play too slowly because slow playing is not only rude, but can result in harsh penalties( This has led him to receive a lot of bad rep IRL because he is known for playing slow among other bad habits)." Here is the article so you guys can refer to it: http://articles.alterealitygames.com/stop-playing-bad/

u like sucking dick huh

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

13 minutes ago, RZR_DigbickThePickleMan said:

u like sucking dick huh

What an appropriate response considering your username. The reason I posted is because Abe is my friend and I understand where he is coming from. You know I try and do this thing called having empathy. 

• Downvote 3

why are we talking about some random shitter that got negged then left in a tantrum?

• Upvote 3

16 minutes ago, welcometointernet said:

why are we talking about some random shitter that got negged then left in a tantrum?

Why do you think he is just some random? If you actually bothered to even do a simple Google search you would learn Abe is a long time veteran player who has been at his best collaborating on decklists used by such players as Pat Hoban author of the book we are discussing and spreading hype. One such deck he worked on was the Pendy Magician referenced in this article.  Abe is also credited in said article: http://articles.alterealitygames.com/1st-place-arg-circuit-series-las-vegas-magician-pendulum-deck-explained/

• Downvote 4

and i have been in test groups for people with multiple nat/oce/ycs tops, so what?
dont claim achievement through association

+Digbick    7242
8 minutes ago, TheGoldenTyranno said:

Why do you think he is just some random? If you actually bothered to even do a simple Google search you would learn Abe is a long time veteran player who has been at his best collaborating on decklists used by such players as Pat Hoban author of the book we are discussing and spreading hype. One such deck he worked on was the Pendy Magician referenced in this article.  Abe is also credited in said article: http://articles.alterealitygames.com/1st-place-arg-circuit-series-las-vegas-magician-pendulum-deck-explained/

slurp slurp slurp

abe is def not a vetern player

4 minutes ago, welcometointernet said:

and i have been in test groups for people with multiple nat/oce/ycs tops, so what?
dont claim achievement through association

I'm not saying he is on someone like Pat Hoban or Billy Brake's level but he has reached top 16s and has years of player experience to just brush him off as a random is entirely unfair