ACP

Yugioh Worlds 2016 in Orlando, Florida

Chaos_Blaze    72
7 minutes ago, Monahan said:

who got featured r1

Blanking on names but I believe it was the 2015 Worlds winner vs 2016 European WCQ winner.

zubby    234

Hiyama Shunsuke (JP) - Blue-Eyes vs Samir Bachar (EU-France) - Madolche - with Samir winning 2:1

Chaos_Blaze    72
9 minutes ago, zubby said:

Also if anyone has good eyes, pictures from round 1, you can make out what some people are playing:

https://yugiohblog.konami.com/?p=24745

I think theres at least 1 Monarch Deck, a few pendulum and Blue Eyes decks.

To follow up on this, most (if not all) of the Pendulum decks involve Majespecters in some shape.

There also looks to be a Burning Abyss deck in there as well.

»ACP    33378

Just got here. Come say hi. I also brought a poker chipset if anyone is bored enough to do that.

mark    3104

Has bodan won yet?

»ACP    33378
24 minutes ago, Monahan said:

travis locked in for top daily reminder a third of our worlds team were cheaters this year etc

Only a third? Glad to hear that we're making progress.

• Upvote 13

zubby    234

So in Admassu round 4 feature, in game 3 he used Edea's banish effect twice in one turn. First he twin twisters Byung's anti spell and other set, adds back pantheism. Later in his turn he uses edios to bring it back, getting another edios form deck, he then tributes the edea and erebos for ether, and uses edea to add back a banished Tennacity. My friends mentioned he also tried to XYZ summon right after activating stormforth.

AlMacuby    96

pretending not knowing what the card's do is sure a good way to make cheat attempts look like mistakes.

admittedly the turn where he did the double edea thing was more than 10min long

+Digbick    7230
2 hours ago, Monahan said:

travis locked in for top daily reminder a third of our worlds team were cheaters this year etc

wew

boots88    124
2 hours ago, AlMacuby said:

pretending not knowing what the card's do is sure a good way to make cheat attempts look like mistakes.

Ikr? Such an inexperienced player, being at worlds and all.

• Upvote 4

59 minutes ago, itswhatever said:

The not Bodan Aussie guy

i'm not sure if i should be happy for not playing the nats season when he runs hot or if i should feel guilty for not trying to prevent this

• Upvote 2

petqwe    286

I read various Japanese players' Twitter and they said the Swords of Concealing Light was changed. (i.e. if you chain coth to concealing light your new monster wont be set). Has TCG been ruled like that since PSCT or even before that?

Me.    72
3 hours ago, petqwe said:

I read various Japanese players' Twitter and they said the Swords of Concealing Light was changed. (i.e. if you chain coth to concealing light your new monster wont be set). Has TCG been ruled like that since PSCT or even before that?

I have no idea how it was ruled in the early prints, but it's been obvious from the card text how the card works for as long as I've been playing this game. It literally says right on the card that it only flips down the monsters that were there during the activation.

+Gojira    1705
3 hours ago, Me. said:

I have no idea how it was ruled in the early prints, but it's been obvious from the card text how the card works for as long as I've been playing this game. It literally says right on the card that it only flips down the monsters that were there during the activation.

That is a relatively recent printing, possibly only in the TCG

Blacklisted    1327

twitch chat says its shunsuke vs erik in finals. it'll be a good one but i kinda want shunsuke to win