2. 2. Who do you think WILL win?

• Bernie Sanders
    • Hillary Clinton
    • Donald Trump
    • Ted Cruz
    • Marco Rubio
    • Ben Carson
    • John Kasich

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3409 posts in this topic

Debate forum's gone and I didn't see any threads related to this so far.

Just curious where DG stands on this. Not to sound insecure of my own opinions but I consider some members of DG to be pretty knowledgeable when it comes to politics and I want to see if I'm missing anything as far as reasons to choose or not to choose certain candidates. Googling and FB only get you so far and it's hard to find unbiased sources.

Anyone on FB knows who I'm leaning towards but I'll hold off mentioning until the debate is underway so as to not sway anyone from posting or altering opinions.

If anyone is missing from the polls or something needs to be added, feel free to edit.

Relevant links:
http://www.isidewith.com - A quiz to see which candidate most matches your own views. Includes 3rd party candidates.
http://www.ontheissues.org - Check out each candidate's public statements and voting record.
https://www.politicalcompass.org/uselection2016 - See how liberal/conservative each candidate's views are on two different scales.

Sanders is great; CLinton isn't as shit as Bern's supporters think and my fear is the Sanders crowd will vanish if he doens't get the nom leading to some fuckstick republican / trump

(my isidewith was something like 97% Sanders 92% Clinton)

It's not that I hate Hillary, but she would be the worst democratic nominee in my lifetime. Her approval rating is bad, her heads up matchups are bad, her standing among independents is bad, and voters consider her to be the least trustworthy candidate in the race. She'd get crushed in the general, and it would be good for the Democratic party if she did. Then in 2020 they might actually pick someone who's well liked by the voters instead of the party elites.

Unless it's clinton vs trump. That one could easily go either way, but yeah, I don't think clinton can beat say Rubio in the general

Sanders is great; CLinton isn't as shit as Bern's supporters think and my fear is the Sanders crowd will vanish if he doens't get the nom leading to some fuckstick republican / trump

I think people could always just write in Bernie

i took the quiz and i found it funny.

bloom: 80

hilary: 79

sanders: 78

bush: 78

trump 77

the rest are all 70s and high 60s.

with such a small spread, does it matter if im red or blue?

btw: who actually thinks rubio has a shot? are you a fucking ass? you must be a fucking ass

Make America great again

i don't trust Clinton at all and I like sanders but I have criticisms of some of his policies and I hate that Bernie bros are really stubborn when it comes with self reflection of who you support but this whole election campaign has been a wild ride.

(my isidewith was something like 97% Sanders 92% Clinton)

There's a furniture store in Houston doing a deal if you pick the party that wins the election you get a full refund on any Mattress set 2000 and up. tempted

that being said I can ot see hillary or bernie losing to Trump. wont happen

iirc Bill Clinton left office with a surplus. I know Hillarys reputation but idgaf because all of the Republican nominees are batshit crazy or evangelical cunts.

It's not that I hate Hillary, but she would be the worst democratic nominee in my lifetime. Her approval rating is bad, her heads up matchups are bad, her standing among independents is bad, and voters consider her to be the least trustworthy candidate in the race. She'd get crushed in the general, and it would be good for the Democratic party if she did. Then in 2020 they might actually pick someone who's well liked by the voters instead of the party elites.

you got any current polls to back this up (her being crushed in a general)

iirc Bill Clinton left office with a surplus. I know Hillarys reputation but idgaf because all of the Republican nominees are batshit crazy or evangelical cunts.

230mil+ surplus.

I will NEVER vote for anyone claiming religious views will guide their politics.

I'm def not voting for either Bernie or Hillary. Clinton is obv corrupted. I don't like Bernie's economic plans

Another relevant link: http://www.predictit.org

You know just in case any of you guys want to put your money where your mouth is.

I'm def not voting for either Bernie or Hillary. Clinton is obv corrupted. I don't like Bernie's economic plans

What don't you like? Legitimate question.

I'll write my response once i get home from class. But I do think Bernie is the most reasonable candidate. He is not a two faced person unlike others.

Oh my political views is neither left or right, I'm more in the center

On the right: math is on trump's side, he'll have a hard time not being nominee (and if he isn't, expect lawsuits, drama, etc as a brokered convention is very likely)

On the left:  Agree with rei; clinton isn't nearly as bad as most sanders supporters think she is.  She's a politician, just accept that pretty much all criticism against her would apply to 99% of everyone else running for office.  Also its very off-putting that everything the DNC has done so far (with regards to the nomination) has favored clinton (doesn't combat the "elitist" narrative she has going).

Traditional logic hasn't applied to this election at all so predicting anything is difficult, but I would say that it'll be a trump v clinton.  Best thing clinton can do at then is convince elizabeth warren or sanders to be her VIP.  But seriously, considering a SC judge just died, even if you support sanders and he doesn't get the nomination you should still vote for clinton.  If nothing else, she could push through a more socially liberal SC judge. 

Seriously though, if a republican wins because a bunch of people are butthurt sanders didn't get the nomination and didn't vote, I will personally blame them for any socially conservative rulings that gets passed down in the next 20 years.

and for me, I don't see much difference between sanders and clinton.  Neither will get anything significant done until after the next census, although sanders would likely be a better firewall against pro wall street legislation.  Still bummed elizabeth warren didn't run.

i love how hillary has 0 votes in the first poll