Noelle

DN Speedrunning

»Noelle    5849

I was bullshittin and memein on Skype and had what I think is a pretty neat idea: speedrunning dn rated. Basically you start time either at the first match or when you make the new acc to make your decks then end time at w/e category. You could do ending @ 1st place in rated or top 200 leaderboard etc. You can also just have other categories like singles, arbitrary win numbers, etc. Sounds kinda cool as it fuses yugs with speedrunning, speedrunning being something I've been getting more and more interested in lately. Also not bad practice I guess. 

Just an idea I suppose, shitty part is so much would be determined by either DN crashing, jajaja opponents, etc, but even then you could do Squiddy strats to fly through low rated by intent quitting a bunch of matches or w/e. 

It's prob more of a joke than anything but i kinda wanna try this before i die.

I was bullshittin and memein on Skype and had what I think is a pretty neat idea: speedrunning dn rated. Basically you start time either at the first match or when you make the new acc to make your decks then end time at w/e category. You could do ending @ 1st place in rated or top 200 leaderboard etc. You can also just have other categories like singles, arbitrary win numbers, etc. Sounds kinda cool as it fuses yugs with speedrunning, speedrunning being something I've been getting more and more interested in lately. Also not bad practice I guess. 

Just an idea I suppose, shitty part is so much would be determined by either DN crashing, jajaja opponents, etc, but even then you could do Squiddy strats to fly through low rated by intent quitting a bunch of matches or w/e. 

It's prob more of a joke than anything but i kinda wanna try this before i die.

This actually seems kind of legit. Prob would have posted this in ygo tho to guage community interest in that. 

+Urthor    10235

Well you'd actually have to start AT the rating, not below it, so the Squiddy strat either wouldn't work, or would be part of the strat, Squiddy boosting vs regular playing.  

»Noelle    5849

This actually seems kind of legit. Prob would have posted this in ygo tho to guage community interest in that. 

true, moved to gen groundz

theres just a lot of cool things to go over about it, like using fast ftk decks in low rated that ppl get mad and scoop over then switching to real decks once you're around a rating where they wont scoop and you gotta play

Digbick    7271

can't speedrun if stupid mexicans are allowed to play on dn

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

»Noelle    5849

trying to speedrun DN would probably involve boosting and would probably end up in getting banned tbh

You would just consider runs that broke DN's rules to be invalid, in the same way splicing runs is invalid. Not a difficult fix at all lol.

• Upvote 1

ISG    0

Well you'd actually have to start AT the rating, not below it, so the Squiddy strat either wouldn't work, or would be part of the strat, Squiddy boosting vs regular playing.  

What's the Squiddy strat?

Digbick    7271

What's the Squiddy strat?

u rib obviously??????????????????????

• Upvote 1

+Urthor    10235

admit defeat 20-30 times at 100 xp to go to like 70

Play for real from there, and you'll have your wins loaded for ages so you'll get much more elo than you would have otherwise gotten.  It's a consequence of DN starting from a low number like that instead of base 1000, warps all the math

• Upvote 5

ACP    33419

For the purpose of speedrunning, given that admin calls take 20+ minutes, it's probably optimal to concede the match anytime your opponent calls an admin lol.

• Upvote 1

+Urthor    10235

That sounds heaps boring

If you're going to do this, playing helmet roulette is part of the fun .  RNG=fun times, Hearthstone told me so

fuckfiend    2201

can't speedrun if stupid mexicans are allowed to play on dn

glad they segregated them into the spanish side of dn. jesus christ, they can go back to their own language pool.

• Upvote 1

theamatuer    89

Play for real from there, and you'll have your wins loaded for ages so you'll get much more elo than you would have otherwise gotten.  It's a consequence of DN starting from a low number like that instead of base 1000, warps all the math

doing this is also considered as boosting though so you can get banned for it

+Paraliel+    8035

How is this boosting

The_Be(a)sT    967

How is this boosting
Read DN Rules.

Boosting
- Consistently and deliberately losing Duels.

• Upvote 1

The_Be(a)sT    967
I think they put it in there because on DN it's a way of boosting your experince.
  • Upvote 1

For the purpose of speedrunning, given that admin calls take 20+ minutes, it's probably optimal to concede the match anytime your opponent calls an admin lol.

While this is a strategy it does bring up a comparative problem, which is oppns who generally take longer than others. In theory, this should balance out over enough matches, but ultimately a speed run can be ruined by one oppn taking forever