Pokemon Sun and Moon

+Mascis    4558

Screen+Shot+2016-02-26+at+8.09.35+AM.png

get hype

IAmTheGreat    3772
Hoping they bring back Morning/Day/Night aspect. I really enjoyed that

Incoming Lunatone and Solrock legendary variants

»canasian    4105
I'm as hype as anyone for Nintendo direct but it's probably a little presumptious to say that this is definitely what they're announcing when it's just based on the copyright, which is the latest of dozens of trademarks they've filed just in case

»canasian    4105
I'm gonna be happy with any new release at this point because the game absolutely needs something new to come out, but I have to admit I'll be a tad disappointed if we never get Z after all the teasing of it through the anime/movies

brighteyes    2150
So are these games gonna be Generation 7?

+scuzzlebutt    23495
canadian asian is right, they still have aqua blue version trademarked and never pulled the trigger on dat

is this confirmation that there's no z version tho? what's their beef with 3rd versions these days they never do em anymore

»Logic    2033
The only thing this announcent does for me is increase the potential of pokken DlC to try to sell the new games.

»Logic    2033

It's not a bad thing. Last I saw there weren't any plans for DLC, so any incentive to change their minds is good IMO.

+Urthor    10227

I actually don't think these will be new Pokemon games (for the handheld) because this announcement is way before Nintendo doing the NX announcement.  Any new game is gonna be for the NX which is a reset of the handheld and the console at the same time, and Nintendo told investors they'll send some details out in April and announce it at E3, and not before.

I suspect this is actually stage two of the Pokemon mobile games front, but we'll see.  They could just announce games for the NX before they even announce the NX console and explain the deal with the button in the screen and the console+handheld all in one.

+scuzzlebutt    23495
yea actually the mobile thing sounds plausible now that u mention it

stage 2, nice catch

Dank Memeston    1716

I think another spinoff with a gen 7 pkmn in it would be neat but I'd be fine with anything.

+Urthor    10227

It's just a 3DS release, coming the same time as usual, releasing in Chinese for the first time.  Sun and Moon regular games.

Red and Blue are getting sold on the E-Shop, without held items and all that jazz presumably.  Also, the E-shop versions can be traded to modern versions via the interwebs.  

SEVERELY UNDERWHELMED NINTENDO

+Mascis    4558

:(

+Urthor    10227

well whilst we're on the topic re the new Nintendo console called the NX

The leaks from Chinese manufacturers and Devkits sent to 3rd party developers have pretty much indicated that the NX is some sort of handheld console hybrid, my bet is that it's gonna be the Wii U part 2 and the controller will be an actual 3DS equivalent, but who knows.   What is confirmed is that they're resetting the console and the handheld this Christmas, they're gunning for a big time E3 announcement, and the hardware has been confirmed with AMD and the system on a chips are getting sorted.  Manufacturing to start in August.    

It'll have pretty good horsepower that's the equal of the PS4 or some variation thereof.  Also, it's semi-confirmed that there'll be some sort of fullscreen thingo, probably on the controller/portable, where there's like a D Pad, and an A button and B button, various other schtick, coming out of a touchscreen, probably Iphone style screen.   

+Gemstone Mine    2599

so in random news, apparently nintendo is making it so that if you catch a poke on the gen 1 virtual console games, then you can move it to sun and moon

Really kind of hoping they port gen 1 straight over and don't fix the infinite amount of bugs, because that would make most of the gen 1 stuff apeshit.

+Urthor    10227

Nintendo straight up confirmed that you can catch Missingno

• Upvote 1

Soo I'm thinking that this will be another tropical region considering the palm trees in the frames from the trailer as well as the strange souvenir from kalos looking like a tiki

If this turns out to be a actual Pokemon game, I'm calling that the evil group is called team eclipse. And the legendary Sun and moon Pokemon can fuse. I

brighteyes    2150

Singapore is the theory for what the region is based on

Did someone say Singapore?

b9a83af18cc8ed6ba7c5935818b161af.jpg