Mascis

Pokemon Sun and Moon

»Ryuuzaki    2545

had this setup to be sent the day of release. now amazon told me today my payment method needed to be fixed today and I won't get it until the 22nd.

rage

Bazoo    5693
On 11/17/2016 at 4:26 PM, TwoMelodies said:

had this setup to be sent the day of release. now amazon told me today my payment method needed to be fixed today and I won't get it until the 22nd.

rage

I am a 24 year old man with a job and wife and I am also filled with anguish. All of Friday it reported "Will be delivered by 8 PM today." Nope, and it's stuck about 2.5 hours from me and apparently won't be delivered until Monday. I've had it preordered since July. Amazon apparently just had huge unprecedented numbers preorder.

+canasian    4105

Yeah this was by far the most preordered game in Nintendo history 

I just went to my local target and bought it the day it came out since there was no incentive to preorder

• Upvote 2

+Logic    2033

Anyone know where I can find a list of mechanic changes from gen 6, and an intro to the new Z moves and?

+canasian    4105

Just go to serebii, they should have compilation pages for all that in their sun/moon page

+canasian    4105

This game is amazing btw, I haven't finished the main storyline yet and from what I hear some of the competitive play mechanics (i.e. breeding) are lacking compared to their convenience in ORAS but the actual content of the game is so good

Telvin123    387
3 minutes ago, canasian said:

This game is amazing btw, I haven't finished the main storyline yet and from what I hear some of the competitive play mechanics (i.e. breeding) are lacking compared to their convenience in ORAS but the actual content of the game is so good

Same. Like I hear some people are complaining a little about stuff like there being too many cutscenes, but honestly I'm all for it. The more story and personality to delve through, the better imo

+canasian    4105

Yeah, after 24(25 if you're gonna be a pedantic asshole and count Japanese Green version) games following essentially identical formulas I was more than happy to sit through a little more exposition to get to do something different in a Pokemon game

+canasian    4105

Even better is that some of the trials are decently challenging, I won't spoil anything for people who haven't gotten the game yet but there are arguably a couple challenges that are Whitney's-Miltank-tier

• Upvote 4

Darthflaw    124

This is the first game I've actually played (remakes aside) since Gen III and I am really enjoying the new structure. 

I also like that it's challenging without being too punishing. My team is super soft to certain types, but I've never had a battle that felt straight-up unwinnable, except maybe that one time an Alolan Raichu nearly swept me. 

+rap tap    20151

this game does a really good job of actually making gym leaders (or rather trial captains) memorable as characters, provides a fair bit of challenge with the totem pokemon, and is absolutely gorgeous 

easily the best pokemon ingame i've played 

• Upvote 2

»Pengwan    7712

Caught this ally chaining earlier

15153057_1036722933104965_431999605_o.jp

• Upvote 1

Grimey    8112
1 hour ago, Pengwan said:

Caught this ally chaining earlier

15153057_1036722933104965_431999605_o.jp

damn dude you're a beast 

peter and I have 6IV dittos if you wanna start breeding 

• Upvote 1

anduril38    358

Buying this game tomorrow hopefully. A few questions if you will though:

1) How much content is there in the game in comparison to previous titles? Will I be able to enjoy it pre-post E4 etc? 

2) Pokemon is obviously not very difficult as a game. How's S/M for difficulty? 

+canasian    4105

That Dewpider is hot

I found a shiny Gastrodon yesterday and it actually barely looks different from the standard version, if I didn't have the volume on to hear the shiny noise I would've ko'd it without thinking twice 

»Pengwan    7712
2 hours ago, Grimey said:

damn dude you're a beast 

peter and I have 6IV dittos if you wanna start breeding 

I'll be at work all today but yea I need one hmu I just been breeding Synchronizers so far

»Ryuuzaki    2545
On 11/20/2016 at 8:13 AM, Bazoo said:

I am a 24 year old man with a job and wife and I am also filled with anguish. All of Friday it reported "Will be delivered by 8 PM today." Nope, and it's stuck about 2.5 hours from me and apparently won't be delivered until Monday. I've had it preordered since July. Amazon apparently just had huge unprecedented numbers preorder.

I'm a 24 year old dude about to graduate with his undergraduate and have worked plenty over the course of my degree, but yeah, anguish all around, man.

what are people's teams looking like for this game?

Darthflaw    124

It's no shiny, though that was my goal, I was also ally-chaining last night and caught this big ugly bastard.

15145156_10155569129423986_1922898848_o.jpg

Telvin123    387
5 hours ago, anduril38 said:

Buying this game tomorrow hopefully. A few questions if you will though:

1) How much content is there in the game in comparison to previous titles? Will I be able to enjoy it pre-post E4 etc? 

2) Pokemon is obviously not very difficult as a game. How's S/M for difficulty? 

1. It's full of content story-wise, and I loved nearly all the cutscenes, as opposed to previous games where you basically just go through the motions. In fact, it's the best one yet imo (Outside of maybe BW2? The only one I didn't play, so can't say for sure), and I actually came out caring about several characters and their character development. 

2. It's the most challenging one I've ever played. I gave myself a few minor handicaps though (Eventually turned off Exp. Share, Set instead of Switch, eventually stopped using Z-Moves) and eventually I gradually came across wild Pokemon and trainers, including random ones, that were a higher level than mine. If you're unprepared, getting wiped out actually is a possibility for once. The Totem Pokemon were a particular highlight, as they were actually pretty damn clever and challenging (usually) through their movesets, free stat boosts, and the ally Pokemon they call to help them out.

At any rate, it's my favorite Pokemon game yet. 

Edited by Telvin123

anduril38    358

That's good to know :) What stuff is there to do in-game after completing the main story? 

Telvin123    387
32 minutes ago, anduril38 said:

That's good to know :) What stuff is there to do in-game after completing the main story? 

No clue, I'm close but haven't beaten it just yet. 

Justin.    734

I'm buying a 3ds next weekend and I'm just wondering what you guys recommend, sun or moon?

+canasian    4105

To expand, Sun has the better wild Pokémon exclusives and if you're into ubers solgaleo>lunala 

the ultra beasts in moon are arguably better than the ones in sun (Pheromosa and Celesteela vs. Buzzwole and Kartana) but there are multiples of those per game so they'll be getting passed around anyway

Justin.    734

Okay cool Sun it is then lol. Is there a starter that's the obv best or is it just preference?