Sign in to follow this  
biki

Stock Portfolio help

biki    567

Hey guys, I haven't been active on DGZ for at least over half a year if not more, but would like some help on those in the know about stock portfolios and which stock is best to be invested in. This is all for a University project in which i will have a hypothetical 100k gbp to invest with for a 2 month period. I feel like my approach should be a very aggressive approach in which i should seek high rewards in multiple investments however what I would truly like is to speak with anyone who may have previous experience or any good knowledge for me to use for this assignment as we all obviously on this page want to do the best and to get the best amount from these sort of things. So anyway yeah message me either on here or my facebook is Tom watabiki if you want to message me on there.

• Upvote 1

+Urthor    10202

well it depends 

If they're giving marks for investing responsibly you put it all in an exchange traded fund and that looks hunky dory to the professor and he commends you for your financial aptitude

If you just wanna win this fucking contest, you give it all to Allen and he bets it on PredictIt.

»ACP    33401

Any stock fluctuations within a 2 month period are mostly going to be due to random variation, seeing as quarterly reports only get released every 3 months. It's going to be really hard for anyone to give you any kind of real advice, and honestly you're not going to learn anything from keeping up with the market for only 2 months.

»ACP    33401

well it depends 

if they're giving marks for investing responsibly you put it all in an exchange traded fund and that looks hunky dory to the professor and he commends you for your financial aptitude

if you just wanna win this fucking contest, you give it all to Allen and he invests it on PredictIt.  

Based on the way that he framed the project, I'm assuming that betting markets, commodities, FOREX, derivatives options, leverage, etc. are all off the table. He's just supposed to figure out which companies are going to see their shares appreciate the most in a 2 month period.

+Urthor    10202

Well that just leaves insider trading with fictional funds to scoop some Uni marks, pretty sure they can't send you to jail for that.  

I'm pretty sure they allowed Forex though, like he has to have the option of investing in American stocks

Also #1 thing I'd do is get the money out of British pounds and into American stocks of some kind.  Given the whole EU thing the pound is gonna take some hammering because the election looks pretty close. 

• Upvote 1

biki    567

I mean I can ask to see if I can try and expand from that as I want to show a better understanding of it all as I really do want to learn as much as possible about the field but from the way he made it sound it does seem very restrictive on which company stocks do better in the LSE

+rei+    34506
invest in CGC-X on the TSX
trust me its gonna be fire in a year or two ; )