dexer008

Saffira, Queen of Dragons .deck

dexer008    805

So had this fun idea upon dragon's bind, use it in tangent with saffira to make a walking vanity's emptiness again (poor djinn) that can use it's ritual spell to save it from destruction. In the new set the deck also get's pre-preparation of rites, which allows to add a ritual and the ritual spell with the monster's name printed on the card to hand, which makes for summoning saffira quite easy. I decided to use hieratics with the build instead of trying to keep using the old chaos saffira deck, since that deck's power was weakened significantly with tour guide to 1 and djinn releaser banned. Tributing them with the ritual spell also activates their effects, and I added 1 Advanced ritual art to the deck because it uses normal types anyways.  The extra deck is pretty old, I rebuilt this on devpro with an old save hieratic deck, so that will probably need changing. If people think this idea has merit then let me know, and lets see if we can build a decent deck out of this idea.

Monsters: 21

3 Saffira, Queen of Dragons

3 Manju of the Ten Thousand Hands

3 Hiertatic Dragon of Su

3 Hieratic Dragon of Tefnuit

3 Hieratic Dragon of Eset

1 Hieratic Dragon of Nebthet

1 Red-Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon

1 Flamvell Guard

1 Curse of Dragon

1 Labradorite Dragon 

1 Galaxy Serpent

Spells: 15

3 Upstart Goblin

3 Hymn of Light

3 Pre-preparation of Rites

3 Hieratic Seal of Convocation

1 Advanced Ritual Art

1 A Wingbeat of Giant Dragon

1 Soul Charge

Traps: 4

3 Dragon's Bind

1 Vanity's Emptiness

Extra: 15

1 Ultimaya, Tzolkin

1 Star Eater

1 Leo, the Keeper of the Sacred Tree

1 Scarlight Red Dragon Archfiend

1 Stardust Spark Dragon

1 Micheal, the Arc Lightsworn

1 Stardust Charge Warrior

1 Beactric the Eternal Lady

1 Number 61: Volcasaurus

1 Constellar Pleiades

2 Hieratic Dragon of Atum

1 Constellar Ptolemy M7

2 Gaia Dragon, the Thunder Charger

• Upvote 1

Virtuoso    104

off the bat, thats probably too many vanillas, and beatrice can trigger saffira on your opponents turn, and coupled with saffiras add ability, effectively lets you add any light monster from your deck to your hand in the EP

ultimaya is also a pretty free make in hieratics, and he can summon 2 monsters already in your extra

Virtuoso    104

beatrice can also send king back jack to grave on opponents turn, letting you scry your top 3 cards for an autowin trap, as well as letting you set and activate it that turn. for example you can saff and beatrice, but you dont have a trap. beatrice can send backjack on opp draw phase, then dig 3 in hopes of one. being said, you would be running 1 whole card for the chance of hitting 4 copies in your top 3 cards. depends on how much you value the trap i guess, since your fields look pretty breakable anytime you dont have one

hand traps like veiler and ghost ogre compliment saff well. for example arma knight sending dragon could be a pretty simple solution for pepe, summarily solved by a veiler

dexer008    805

That sounds pretty awesome, I'll try it in the deck, not too sure on chanbara so will probably go in for that. Ultimaya seems fun to use as well, It's been awhile since I've even played a hieratic deck, what was the agreed amount of normals to run? If I dropped it anymore then I think I would drop Ara maybe. 

dexer008    805

beatrice can also send king back jack to grave on opponents turn, letting you scry your top 3 cards for an autowin trap, as well as letting you set and activate it that turn. for example you can saff and beatrice, but you dont have a trap. beatrice can send backjack on opp draw phase, then dig 3 in hopes of one. being said, you would be running 1 whole card for the chance of hitting 4 copies in your top 3 cards. depends on how much you value the trap i guess, since your fields look pretty breakable anytime you dont have one

hand traps like veiler and ghost ogre compliment saff well. for example arma knight sending dragon could be a pretty simple solution for pepe, summarily solved by a veiler

I did want to run veiler in here, but I'm not sure what to cut for room as of yet, and if running hand traps would disrupt the deck too much in terms of comboing off. 

That's a decent trick with black jack, will have to test it out like the other ideas. Thanks for the contribution so fast :)

EDIT:

I just realized I have no way to actually make lv8's lol, the old build I deleted ran genex bird. I will add galaxy serpent to the list post haste.

Virtuoso    104

even 1 veiler could be enough because of beatrice. beatrice can send veiler on your turn, then use saff to pick it up from grave. then recycle that same veiler for the rest of the game. this is all assuming veiler has any value protecting your status quo, which i cant think of many things that veiler is going to break the bank on. it does somewhat solve the fact that you cant otherwise capitalize on saffiras EP effect, since whatever you draw or add is on layaway until next turn. assuming you dont send a card

also i see now how 5+1 adds up to 6 for ritual art, so the 4 vanillas arent as high as i thought. that still hinges on manju getting you to that 1 ritual art

otherwise looks fun, will try it

One card that you could consider playing is Artifact Lancea, who can be tributed from hand to Iron Wall for the turn.

You would have to use it during the SP, but that seems like a significantly stronger effect against some decks than trying to use Veiler.

Of course, this does prevent Hymn of Light's secondary effect, but it's still a card to consider.

dexer008    805

One card that you could consider playing is Artifact Lancea, who can be tributed from hand to Iron Wall for the turn.

You would have to use it during the SP, but that seems like a significantly stronger effect against some decks than trying to use Veiler.

Of course, this does prevent Hymn of Light's secondary effect, but it's still a card to consider.

Right now I'm trying to focus on the main deck, and the Lancea idea seems more like something I would side right now. Veiler being a tuner makes it a more valuable mon to me, so I would use it over lancea. 

The deck probably needs more defense in the few games I've tested it, like I realized stormforth or soul exchange makes me very sad. 

byak    4478

Back Jack can only set normal traps off the top of your deck

»victor    6399

You are missing some of the recent Hieratic trends

E.g. Tongue Twister - People play that card nowadays because it gives you a draw 2 into Ultimaya.

People use Shuffle Reborn as a Monster Reborn to revive Hieratics to Tribute, possibly Wingbeat.

There are probably better ways to abuse Beatrice like Galaxy Cyclone and Skill Prisoner to protect your fields.

There are gimmicks like Level Eater for Underground Arachnid, Carboneddon, and so on.

People also play Dragard and Labradorite for Dragocytos.

As you can see, most Normals aside from Labradorite, when would you ever want them?

Virtuoso    104

You are missing some of the recent Hieratic trends

E.g. Tongue Twister - People play that card nowadays because it gives you a draw 2 into Ultimaya.

People use Shuffle Reborn as a Monster Reborn to revive Hieratics to Tribute, possibly Wingbeat.

There are probably better ways to abuse Beatrice like Galaxy Cyclone and Skill Prisoner to protect your fields.

There are gimmicks like Level Eater for Underground Arachnid, Carboneddon, and so on.

People also play Dragard and Labradorite for Dragocytos.

As you can see, most Normals aside from Labradorite, when would you ever want them?

is there a specific way to satisfy shuffle reborns "control no monster" condition, or is it to be played as recursion

queen dragun djinn is functionally similar to shuffle reborn, and is easily made by instant fusion if you could apply a lvl 4 to grave (brilliant fusion, beatrice)

»victor    6399

It doesn't make sense to me to play Instant Fusion in a Rank 6 deck.

That forces you to play in a suboptimal way just to make certain cards live. 

It seems extremely win-more to play cards like Zephyros, and Gebeb/Nuit require you to build around them.

---------

Meanwhile, Hieratics don't have recovery without Dragon Rulers (remember, the graveyard is your second hand mentality, Hieratics field first push, then Blaster -> Dracossack follow) .

I'm sure you can go COTH, Dragon Souls, Ashes, etc. but those are all Traps.

-------------

Shuffle Reborn initially caught my eye because you can stack Gaia Charger, but the more you look at it, you see how good it is (not necessarily in this deck).

E.g. you revive Angel of Zera and it banishes, revives again.

You can play Chicken Game, and then you shuffle it so you opponent can't use it, and you get a 2nd draw out of it.

ensane    163

Why no normal prep? Especially if you're running ARA?

ensane    163

Actually nevermind I'm fucking stupid don't listen to me