Francis J Underwood

The Official 2016-2017 NFL Season Thread

Jazz    5331

Ravens v Pats on MNF get hype. First MNF game I can remember looking forward to in a while, and that's not just because I'm a Pats fan. Should tell us whether either of these teams are true contenders.

Stor.    15

How about that Monday night game folks!!

Stor.    15

AFC West race is getting crazy. 

On Monday night, I don't know why I even watched. I knew that was gonna happen.

And Kap didn't understand why he got benched on Sunday. Let's see, you've been a distraction by being a SJW, the team hasn't gotten any better with you, and they were running circles around you. Oh, I fucking wonder!

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000750743/article/niners-bench-colin-kaepernick-in-fourth-quarter

Edited by Stor.

Jazz    5331
22 minutes ago, Stor. said:

AFC West race is getting crazy. 

On Monday night, I don't know why I even watched. I knew that was gonna happen.

And Kap didn't understand why he got benched on Sunday. Let's see, you've been a distraction by being a SJW, the team hasn't gotten any better with you, and they were running circles around you. Oh, I fucking wonder!

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000750743/article/niners-bench-colin-kaepernick-in-fourth-quarter

Weak post. The 49er's offense is markedly better with Kaepernick at QB this season and that's a fact. Chip Kelly called about 10 passing plays through 3+ quarters before he gave him the hook (5 attempts and 5 sacks, ? scrambles). I'd call that bad coaching and an over-reaction to the snowy weather.

Leave the SJW crap at the door. It has nothing to do with benching which was a performance-based decision. It's surprising because he'd been playing relatively (key word) well and he barely got any attempts.

The 49ers also have bottom 2 roster aside from Kaep and that's indisputable.

Stor.    15

Well, to be fair, Gabbert isn't really that much better, either. I heard he's gonna become a free agent at season's end....I wonder if he'll end up elsewhere or back with the 49ers after all.

Medb    773

Rams fans can rejoice as Fisher was fired. 

Edited by Medb
  • Upvote 4

Jazz    5331
18 minutes ago, Medb said:

Rams fans can rejoice as Fisher was fired. 

Shocked TBH but so fucking deserved. Rejoicing as a football fan / believer in meritocracy

1 hour ago, Jazz said:

Shocked TBH but so fucking deserved. Rejoicing as a football fan / believer in meritocracy

Literally made this argument to my Civ Pro teacher and I quote

Civ Pro teacher: Why do you hate Fisher? 

Me: People like him are the reason people like me don't have jobs in football. Literal definition of mediocrity in the dictionary. There isn't a worse pairing in the history of sports than Fisher and Snead. 

• Upvote 1

Jazz    5331

All is right with the football world

Medb    773

That was an ugly game, for both teams.  The Ravens sealed the loss, I felt, with the blown coverage on Hogan. Up until that point, I felt they still had a chance, but that play killed the momentum they'd built.

Stor.    15

Anyone notice during the onside kick late in the game, the ball fell off the tee just before it was kicked. I can't believe Tucker would still kick it like that. You're not going to get the bounce needed with the ball on the ground.

Jazz    5331
2 hours ago, Stor. said:

Anyone notice during the onside kick late in the game, the ball fell off the tee just before it was kicked. I can't believe Tucker would still kick it like that. You're not going to get the bounce needed with the ball on the ground.

IDK the rule did he have a choice in the matter? He might not if he had already started his forward motion.

Jazz    5331
20 hours ago, Medb said:

That was an ugly game, for both teams.  The Ravens sealed the loss, I felt, with the blown coverage on Hogan. Up until that point, I felt they still had a chance, but that play killed the momentum they'd built.

See as a Pats fan I feel really good about that game because it was our best played defensive game all year, in terms of yards. We should be able to stamp out the special teams turnovers by sitting the rookie and bring in a veteran FA return man, I hope. The Pats played well against the Ravens defense.

The Ravens really have a good team but I'm not sure how they sneak into the playoffs at this point. Unfortunately the AFC South has to send a team :/

kidrock    233

Rooting hard for the Ravens to win the division. In an ideal world I want the AFC playoffs to look like this:

1. Pats

2. Chiefs

6. Steelers

Obviously I'd prefer Chiefs 1 seed Steelers 3 seed. But, Patriots win over Baltimore put that to bed. Being in a position to get a bye + avoid Pitt and New England in the divisional round would be huge.

Medb    773
4 hours ago, Jazz said:

See as a Pats fan I feel really good about that game because it was our best played defensive game all year, in terms of yards. We should be able to stamp out the special teams turnovers by sitting the rookie and bring in a veteran FA return man, I hope. The Pats played well against the Ravens defense.

The Ravens really have a good team but I'm not sure how they sneak into the playoffs at this point. Unfortunately the AFC South has to send a team :/

Both teams I feel had positive things to take away from that game. I thought that outside of the blown coverage, while Jimmy Smith was out there, the defense played well, as in no really big mistakes or anything. The downside is that when Smith isn't out there, it really hurts the defense.

I really wish the Ravens could get another Kubiak in on offense. Or, go back to a few years ago, when they had a stretch of games where essentially they were doing a hurry-up offense and letting Flacco audible and survey the defense at the line, which was very effective.  With how the offense is being run, I honestly see the Patriots giving them issues consistently, its too inefficient to beat them, which is a problem since the Ravens will almost always have to go through the Patriots for a Super Bowl shot.

Edited by Medb

+scuzzlebutt    23495

did everyone just skip over giants/cowboys and redskins/eagles? what the fuck happened in these games i dont even????????

Jazz    5331
41 minutes ago, mmf said:

did everyone just skip over giants/cowboys and redskins/eagles? what the fuck happened in these games i dont even????????

Cowboys lost a road game but will still probably keep home field adv for playoffs and make it to super bowl. I don't believe in the Giants but maybe I'm underestimating them. Eli blows.

Eagles suck but Redskins D isn't that good

2nd division games of the year are weird man. Typically low scoring close games and less predictable. You learn this if you bet/play fantasy

slickz    4308

texans and dolphins will be bounced the fuck out in 1st rounds 

how heartbreaking for oakland and tennesee

+scuzzlebutt    23495

you and the titans can both eat a dick

Jazz    5331
On 12/25/2016 at 0:14 AM, iSlickz said:

texans and dolphins will be bounced the fuck out in 1st rounds 

how heartbreaking for oakland and tennesee

depends if the texans have to play the raiders or the chiefs, still up in the air

slickz    4308

i still think raiders with mcgloin can beat texans

afc prediction 

1. New England - Bye 

2. Kansas City - Bye 

3. Pittsburgh 

6. Miami

4. Houston

5. Oakland

---------------------

1. New England 

5. Oakland