Francis J Underwood

The Official 2016-2017 NFL Season Thread

446 posts in this topic

My dad told me a News crew came in the Diner this morning. We live in Maryland by the way. Since my dad was pretty much the only guy there, they decided to ask my dad a question to air his response later. They asked, "How do you feel about the Redskins' loss?" What bullshit luck that the first person they asked was a Lions fan! Suffice to say, it won't be aired.

Redskins coach Jay Gruden just fired his entire defensive staff. Starting over on that side of the ball.

Redskins coach Jay Gruden just fired his entire defensive staff. Starting over on that side of the ball.

This had to be most lame Wild Card round I've witnessed. Here is to hope next weeks Divisional round isn't as terrible.

3 hours ago, Warthog said:

This had to be most lame Wild Card round I've witnessed. Here is to hope next weeks Divisional round isn't as terrible.

What did you expect from a wild card round where roughly half the teams in the field don't have a legit starting QB. 

there was hope for the giants packers game to stay competitve 

Agreed iSlickz. NY will be getting in the receivers ass after the horrible showing they had lol. 

Eli has been horrible all year and he played exactly how I would have expected.

McAdoo blows too

Hey we learned clock management under him. Baby steps. 

OBJ dropped some crucial passes.

As I saw on Reddit:
Players pictured on "The Boat": 43.9 passer rating when targeted by Eli Manning.
Players not pictured: 105.8 passer rating when targeted.

Most of the first half was pretty brutal to watch. GB went away from what they'd been doing successfully: running the ball and making quick passes. The defense was bending a WHOLE bunch, but they made good stops/NYG dropped passes in the redzone. Then the state farm fire department duo hit the hail mary and it was all over from there. (Bro, your stuff is on fire!)

Losing Jordy (with what I'm speculating is a broken rib or two at least) will be tough to replace. But Allison has proven he can step up. GB ran well with Rip last week, but opted to go more for Ty and Michael. Michael had a few good runs which helped light a spark. But I think they need to try to establish the run a bit more aggressively and get more quick passes early. The line held up well, but you can't expect them to do that every time.

Looking forward to next week vs Dallas. Should be a good game.

I'm sorry but I'm not blaming the wide receivers when a team loses 38-13. OL/Coach/Defense/QB all deserve more blame.

It's still a bad look and there were more than a few crucial drops

I 100% blame a Miami trip. 

The defense could be blamed in a sense there were a few plays they should have stopped(No reason that hail mary should've been caught.) But when the receivers on the Miami trip dropped *crucial* passes, and wanna run around with their shirts off before the game claiming they're not cold, and then you see them sitting next to a heater with blankets on. They're stupid as hell for that, lol. The game could've been a lot closer then the score actually shows. Then Odell wants to get pissed and hit a hole in the wall, when he probably made the worst drops. 

It don't matter tho because I'm glad the Giants are gone. :cool:

On 1/9/2017 at 5:58 PM, iSlickz said:

It's still a bad look and there were more than a few crucial drops

Yeah but remember where they were playing. This GB. The ball is as hard as a rock. Don't forget the last time these two teams played, Nelson and Cobb were plagued by drops and they are used to the GB weather as compared to Giants. It's not an excuse, but it happens. None of the drops seems like concentration drops to me. 

On 1/9/2017 at 5:20 PM, Jazz said:

I'm sorry but I'm not blaming the wide receivers when a team loses 38-13. OL/Coach/Defense/QB all deserve more blame.

This. The Giants are a good team, but the have so many fatal flaws that it was bound to get exposed. 

On 1/9/2017 at 4:52 PM, Lykos said:

OBJ dropped some crucial passes.

As I saw on Reddit:
Players pictured on "The Boat": 43.9 passer rating when targeted by Eli Manning.
Players not pictured: 105.8 passer rating when targeted.

Most of the first half was pretty brutal to watch. GB went away from what they'd been doing successfully: running the ball and making quick passes. The defense was bending a WHOLE bunch, but they made good stops/NYG dropped passes in the redzone. Then the state farm fire department duo hit the hail mary and it was all over from there. (Bro, your stuff is on fire!)

Losing Jordy (with what I'm speculating is a broken rib or two at least) will be tough to replace. But Allison has proven he can step up. GB ran well with Rip last week, but opted to go more for Ty and Michael. Michael had a few good runs which helped light a spark. But I think they need to try to establish the run a bit more aggressively and get more quick passes early. The line held up well, but you can't expect them to do that every time.

Looking forward to next week vs Dallas. Should be a good game.

Loss of Jordy is rough, but not as terrible as you may think. Ultimately I believe the defense does GB in and Dallas advances. 

21 hours ago, Sky said:

The defense could be blamed in a sense there were a few plays they should have stopped(No reason that hail mary should've been caught.) But when the receivers on the Miami trip dropped *crucial* passes, and wanna run around with their shirts off before the game claiming they're not cold, and then you see them sitting next to a heater with blankets on. They're stupid as hell for that, lol. The game could've been a lot closer then the score actually shows. Then Odell wants to get pissed and hit a hole in the wall, when he probably made the worst drops. 

It don't matter tho because I'm glad the Giants are gone. :cool:

The hail mary was a fluke and I agree it shouldn't have been caught, but I'd bet Rodgers missed that throw and overthrew the ball and it just happened to work out. Again, not an excuse, but still just really flukey. 

I don't mind the antics so much, but I agree this was borderline stupidity and shows that this really is a young team that feels somewhat entitled. The reckoning is coming. Eli is aging. Hopefully this playoff causes the to grow up a little. 

there goes my team, been disappointing me practically my entire lifetime

1 hour ago, iSlickz said:

Trading romos contract and a goo fa/draft shouls help

That end really hurt me, but the fact the Boys were able to come back from an 18 point deficit and almost seal the win was awesome! I hate that we gave Aaron Rogers 45 seconds to work with knowing he is a machine under pressure, and our secondary basically disappeared when we only needed to stop 1 more play. All in all it was an amazing game, and I feel us Cowboy fans have a lot to look forward too in the coming years!

It was heartbreaking but holy shit what a game. Trying to figure out who the better team is between the Falcons and Packers. Will not miss that game and can't forgo Pats and Steelers game.

Dak isn't good enough and the only way the Cowboys win Super Bowls is if he improves. He failed to convert too many important 3rd downs. If he was good enough for them to win, they would have hit a TD on that final drive. Instead it was 3 straight incompletions to end the possession. I know he's a rookie, but he has no choice but to get better if the team wants to succeed is all I'm saying. Mentioning how he wants to win multiple SBs before he's even won a playoff game is a bad sign.

Zeke is overrated. He's a good runner but he's squarely behind DJ and LB for the best RB in the league and it's not even close. Not a good enough weapon in the passing game yet to carry the team.

That Chiefs loss was pathetic and it proves why they will never win with Alex Smith + Andy Reid. Why are you taking 7 minutes on a 4th quarter drive when you are down 8pts? Do you have no capacity to run a hurry up offense? The failed 2pt conversion was the most predictable thing I've ever seen.

Happy the Steelers won even though I'm a Pats fan. Steelers vs Pats with both teams near full strength is an awesome football match.

I really hope we finally get Brady vs Rodgers this year in the SB, but I have this sinking feeling in the pit of my stomach that we're gonna end up with Steelers v Falcons.