• Announcements

• rei

Battle of the Anime Characters   02/10/17

THE BATTLE OF THE ANIME CHARACTERS HAS BEGUN   Find it here http://duelistgroundz.com/index.php?/forum/615-battle-of-the-anime-x/
Francis J Underwood

The Official 2016-2017 NFL Season Thread

494 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Jazz said:

Bolded is unproven and there's no science to back it up.

At this point you are tunneling the Patriots because you are a Ravens fan, but if you used your mafia skills like Occam's Razor and looking at things with an open mind you would come to a different conclusion. 

This is not a tunnel. This strictly a matter of history 

Spygate 

Deflated balls - Whether the pats did it is unconfirmed, but the fact that they were deflated is confirmed. 

Using advantageous substitutions - to the point where they literally banned the loophole the following week in the AFCCG

I'm sure there are others I can list, but Belichick and Co. do have a history of abusing the rules where they can to get a little advantages here and there. Idt thats good for football in general because of what it leads to. 

To give you a more recent example: The NFL is considering banning the taking a safety in the end zone on punts to run out the clock that the Ravens used earlier this year and in the Superbowl. I was okay with it the 2nd time because the nfl choose not to address it the first time. However, I am not okay with the play in principle because it is a loophole that allows cheating (everyone and their mother just holds their guy until the clock runs out) to secure an adv. Unsurprisingly, now that the nfl noticed that its becoming a trend, they are looking into banning the maneuver. That is no different than misleading formation via substition or deflated football or videotaping games.

51 minutes ago, Francis J Underwood said:

This is not a tunnel. This strictly a matter of history 

Spygate 

Deflated balls - Whether the pats did it is unconfirmed, but the fact that they were deflated is confirmed

Using advantageous substitutions - to the point where they literally banned the loophole the following week in the AFCCG

I'm sure there are others I can list, but Belichick and Co. do have a history of abusing the rules where they can to get a little advantages here and there. Idt thats good for football in general because of what it leads to. 

To give you a more recent example: The NFL is considering banning the taking a safety in the end zone on punts to run out the clock that the Ravens used earlier this year and in the Superbowl. I was okay with it the 2nd time because the nfl choose not to address it the first time. However, I am not okay with the play in principle because it is a loophole that allows cheating (everyone and their mother just holds their guy until the clock runs out) to secure an adv. Unsurprisingly, now that the nfl noticed that its becoming a trend, they are looking into banning the maneuver. That is no different than misleading formation via substition or deflated football or videotaping games.

Not it is not. That's really my only argument and the only thing that matters.

Pretty much all scientists that are not the Exponent firm hired by NFL eventually came to this conclusion. The evidence presented is inconclusive as to whether balls were deflated post inspection.

Now you can say you believe they did it, but that's not the same as having concrete evidence that they did.

Packers are trash

lmaoooo

4 hours ago, 7hhzz7 said:

Packers are trash

Predictable. Half their roster suffered serious injuries.

Lacy

Starks

Montgomery

Adams

Nelson

And that's just the fantasy players I know about. Secondary was pretty devastated too.

Really makes you wonder what would happen if the Cowboys had taken care of business.

Hopefully the Super Bowl is:

1. A close game

2. Has at least one TD

Would be the first game of the postseason that satisfies both criteria

3 minutes ago, Jazz said:

Hopefully the Super Bowl is:

1. A close game

2. Has at least one TD

Would be the first game of the postseason that satisfies both criteria

Oh wait sorry forgot about the Packers cowboys game. It would be the second good game of the post season

Who's winning this shit?

I hate that the Packers lost v the Falcons (boohoo, etc etc).

But the Falcons are winning this shit.

Matty Ice getting their first MVP and will also win their first SB.

I hope it's 49-20 Atlanta.

Realistically, I can see it being 35-31 Atlanta. I want it to be a close game, but I just want the Patriots to be blown out.

On a side note, those Pro Football Hall of Fame nods tho? Kurt Warner getting in is p cool.

18 minutes ago, ZeroPassion said:

I just want the Patriots to be blown out.

Too bad you live on the Planet Earth in the year 2017.

Pats -  31  Falcons - 27 

It's gonna be close, but I think the Falcons have a couple of TD's turn into FGs and Brady leads a late game TD drive to win it

im on the falcons as my biggest bet of the season

either the falcons win huge, 3 touchdowns or more, or the patriots win a close one. as an atlanta native, obviously I'm rooting for my team to bring home a championship and makeup for that nightmare against the Broncos.

7 hours ago, Malcolm said:

im on the falcons as my biggest bet of the season

You're betting real money on this one? I'd stay away personally, or take the under. 58.5 is way too high for an SB, never happens.

5 hours ago, Jazz said:

You're betting real money on this one? I'd stay away personally, or take the under. 58.5 is way too high for an SB, never happens.

Game total dropped another point overnight. Spread is stuck at -3

don't ever post in the football section but i have a lot of money out on this game in block pools.

who are the favorites betting wise?

so satisfying watchinf Brady and patriots getting blown out

This is all happening because of Malcolm's bet

Vote Malcom

Jesus Christ. Falcons literally shot themselves in the foot just like Seattle

Huge win turns into a huge middle and then gets turned into an even break

this game is why you don't take your foot off the gas and is also a prime example of how coaches lose big games with horrific decisions. 

The choice to throw when in fg territory with the game winding down was shit. Freeman was torching them all night. 

makes me hate brady even more, fuck trump

Lessons learnt today

Don't bet on sports.  Don't bet on presidential elections.  2016 was the greatest year in us sporting history

1 minute ago, iSlickz said:

makes me hate brady even more, fuck trump

stay mad, loser