Francis J Underwood

The Official 2016-2017 NFL Season Thread

Malcolm's Multi    1789
25 minutes ago, Urthor said:

Lessons learnt today

Don't bet on sports.  Don't bet on presidential elections.  2016 was the greatest year in us sporting history

I think I'll continue to bet on sports because I make a lot of money as a result and I have fun doing it

rip anyone on that under 

Jazz    5327
3 hours ago, iSlickz said:

so satisfying watchinf Brady and patriots getting blown out

nice

Jazz    5327
6 minutes ago, faggot #1 aka pride said:

I think I'll continue to bet on sports because I make a lot of money as a result and I have fun doing it

rip anyone on that under 

under was a smart bet that got fucked* in the ass imo

Edited by Jazz

Joe.    4932

Hi guys. Still in shock.

Edited by Joe.

+scuzzlebutt    23484

jesus fucking christ brady.

Jazz    5327

I think the Seattle super bowl was a far better Brady performance and a far more entertaining game but people will be stuck on the improbability of this comeback for a while.

1 hour ago, Jazz said:

I think the Seattle super bowl was a far better Brady performance and a far more entertaining game but people will be stuck on the improbability of this comeback for a while.

Translation: This was more of a Falcons epic choke job than a Brady Battle and win 

• Upvote 1

Jazz    5327
11 minutes ago, Francis J Underwood said:

Translation: This was more of a Falcons epic choke job than a Brady Battle and win 

Eh, it was pretty much equally both, as it always is when an epic comeback occurs.

The Seattle and NE teams from 2 years ago were two of the best teams I've ever seen. I think either of those teams would have crushed this year's contenders.

Just now, Jazz said:

Eh, it was pretty much equally both, as it always is when an epic comeback occurs.

The Seattle and NE teams from 2 years ago were two of the best teams I've ever seen. I think either of those teams would have crushed this year's contenders.

Eh I doubt it tbh. Seattle maybe, but that NE team wasn't anything amazing imo. Definitely seen better incarnations of that team 

Jazz    5327
23 minutes ago, Francis J Underwood said:

Eh I doubt it tbh. Seattle maybe, but that NE team wasn't anything amazing imo. Definitely seen better incarnations of that team 

> solid line play

> good linebackers

> great secondary

> healthy gronk

> healthy edelman + amendola

> brady

It was one of the best new england teams in their 16 year run

1 hour ago, Jazz said:

> solid line play

> good linebackers

> great secondary

> healthy gronk

> healthy edelman + amendola

> brady

It was one of the best new england teams in their 16 year run

Maybe by the numbers but Browner was a horrible and used to take out matchup TE, specifically JT. He was a pass interference liability as always. 

Further that d line did have issues stopping the run from what I remember. 

Gronk, Edelman, Amendola, Brady mean nothing to me as they are on the team every year. Injuries are unlucky and Im not factoring that into considering it being a great team imo. 

Idk 2007, 2011, and a few other NE teams were more interesting to me personally

Joe.    4932

The 2004-2005 Pats team was the best. Branch/Givens/Dillon/Faulk/Brady with a defense just filled with elite talent. Seymour, Warren, Wilfork, Bruschi, Johnson, Colvin, Vrabel, McGinest, Samuel and Harrison. (Ty Law was hurt too - but he was on the squad). In that NFL - they were almost impossible to beat on a neutral field.

The 2014 team was right there though. The secondary that year really was tremendous. Revis was still elite. Arrington/Browner were a fine 2/3 and Butler - although not like today - was a great 4. Browner also did more than just TEs (Chung did/does that more often). Insert Chris Matthews. McCourty/Chung/Harmon were also three solid safeties. 

That team really was loaded. 

The 2011 team was only okay. The offense was fine but the secondary was straight up BAD. 

This team is really an impressive performance from Belichick. The defense is filled with relative no-names. 

I will say, I think Brady today replaying SB 42/46 would win. I think he has improved quite a bit with age - and the mobility improvements are really profound. 

Edited by Joe.
  • Upvote 1

Jazz    5327
On 2/13/2017 at 5:51 AM, Joe. said:

The 2004-2005 Pats team was the best. Branch/Givens/Dillon/Faulk/Brady with a defense just filled with elite talent. Seymour, Warren, Wilfork, Bruschi, Johnson, Colvin, Vrabel, McGinest, Samuel and Harrison. (Ty Law was hurt too - but he was on the squad). In that NFL - they were almost impossible to beat on a neutral field.

The 2014 team was right there though. The secondary that year really was tremendous. Revis was still elite. Arrington/Browner were a fine 2/3 and Butler - although not like today - was a great 4. Browner also did more than just TEs (Chung did/does that more often). Insert Chris Matthews. McCourty/Chung/Harmon were also three solid safeties. 

That team really was loaded. 

The 2011 team was only okay. The offense was fine but the secondary was straight up BAD. 

This team is really an impressive performance from Belichick. The defense is filled with relative no-names. 

I will say, I think Brady today replaying SB 42/46 would win. I think he has improved quite a bit with age - and the mobility improvements are really profound. 

This entire post is correct.

The 2007 team was amazing but probably the 3rd best behind 2004/5 and 2014. Maybe it's not fair to call 2004/2005 the same team though lmao. I think the 2015 team was also really good but got absolutely destroyed by injuries.

Jazz    5327
On 2/13/2017 at 5:51 AM, Joe. said:

46 probably but that team wasn't as good. 42 would be interesting, but I think the Brady-Moss connection works better with a younger Brady. Old Brady is mobile but his deep ball isn't as good as Young Brady's.

Joe.    4932
23 hours ago, Jazz said:

46 probably but that team wasn't as good. 42 would be interesting, but I think the Brady-Moss connection works better with a younger Brady. Old Brady is mobile but his deep ball isn't as good as Young Brady's.

They only needed a little bit more to win 42. Welker had a huge game and I think the mobility could have helped put a few more points on the board.

Tom Brady    79

Imo 2007 is better than 2004. 2004 is one of the greatest teams ever, but that 07 team… 315 point differential against a tough schedule. I don't know if I will ever see a team like that again