Blacklisted

Pot of Desires

Blacklisted    1334
Normal Spell Card
You can only activate “Pot of Desires” once per turn.
(1) Banish the top 10 cards of your Deck face-down; draw 2 cards.

Obviously we can rule out Exodia / other shitty combo ftk decks because you risk combo pieces being banished but what about normal decks?

Blacklisted    1334

I mean if we're going to bad memes

Chaos-End-%E2%80%93-IOC-036.jpg

if we ever decide we needed a 3rd, 4th and 5th Dark Hole

• Upvote 2

Blacklisted    1334

I guess the first one you slam, the second one you think about, and you probably won't get to activate your third. I wonder if decks with a lot more than 40 cards could possibly have some validity playing this card

dexer008    861

59381_1M_Gren_Maju_Da_Eiza.JPEG

yu-gi-oh-the-secret-forces-single-card-s

AWW YEAH

I mean if we're going to bad memes

Chaos-End-%E2%80%93-IOC-036.jpg

if we ever decide we needed a 3rd, 4th and 5th Dark Hole

You guys are forgetting D.D. Dynamite, 

This card instantly sets up 3000 damage by itself. That's game damage if manage to use the card twice or if your opponent ever uses a copy. 

• Upvote 2

dexer008    861

I guess the first one you slam, the second one you think about, and you probably won't get to activate your third. I wonder if decks with a lot more than 40 cards could possibly have some validity playing this card

You start with 5-6 cards usually, and using 3 of these leaves you 5-4 cards in deck. So in saying that, if you want to use this card then maybe this is one of those cases were it might be best to use at 2.  However, running 3 probably means more chance to actually 2 in a duel. 

Edit; Actually I'm an idiot, run 3

• Downvote 1

Bazoo    5742

I know we've seen a few cards banish face-down in the past; what are some details on that?

-->Does Necroface still return those cards if normal summoned?
-->I can look at them and know what is banished, correct? My opponent, however, can not?

Of course any deck trying to survive on a gimmick is sure to banish those cards it's just fun to hypothesize

Kahu    2422

You can look at them, your opponent can't, and anything that asks for a specific kind of Banished card(A monster of a specific Type/Level/Attribute/whatever, or a Spell/Trap, etc.) can't use those cards as fuel, IIRC.

Things like Necroface or Grendizer will work. Things like the Helios Megistus cards won't.

+ACP+    34066

Lol, this is just a 3-of staple in almost anything. Absolutely retarded.

• Upvote 14

+rap tap    20162
i can read the konami article now

"Old school duelists may remember the powerful classic Pot of Greed, and Pot of Cupidity is just like that - only it banishes 10 cards from the top of your deck face down! A powerful card to be sure, but players will have to be careful about how many copies of it to use in their decks so that they don't deck out!"
  • Upvote 36

You guys are forgetting D.D. Dynamite, 

This card instantly sets up 3000 damage by itself. That's game damage if manage to use the card twice or if your opponent ever uses a copy. 

D.D. Dynamite

Normal Trap

Inflict 300 damage to your opponent for each of their removed from play cards.

Sorry man, that doesn't do what you think it does unless you're specifically siding against this card (please don't).

• Upvote 1

Me.    1348

gMFriWg.png

any way to make this work?

Considering that pot of cupidity goes to the grave after you use it, it's unlikely that chaos greed can be made to work.