ZDuelist    0
This all happened yesterday at a regional. My score was 5-2, with one more match left still with a chance to top 16 if I won. First game I won, now I am quite happy as I only need to win one more and I will top. Both of us has sided cards in and about to begin the next game, then a judge stopped us and takes our deck for a deck check. I think everyone get nervous when getting deck check and I'm no exception. Before this event I have resleeved my deck, so my sleeves should be good, only thing i worry about if any card was bent. After they carry out the deck check, I can see one judge returning only with my opponent deck box, this is not a good sign for me.

The judge ask me to go judges desk. As I got there, three different judges were waiting for me. As I sit down, one judge ask me to shuffle my deck and draw a hand. I did what I been told, then the judge say to play out the hand. I followed as instructed, I was playing monarch and I tribute summon kuraz with return on board, I search either from return and destroy return & edios with kuraz effect then draw two. After that the judges reshuffled cards in the deck, hand the deck to me and ask if I can found something wrong. First thing I do is check sleeves is any was marked, I could not see any problems. Then I look at the top of the deck checking if any card was bent, I picked out two card that look slightly bent. The judges ask why I pick these out and I said that they look bent. One of judge put them back in the deck, then picked out 7 card out my deck from looking at top of the deck. They were three pantheism, ether, kuraz, tanicity and another monarch spell which I can't exactly remember. The judge say these cards was sticking out of their sleeves, at this point I did not know what to say as the three judges stare at me.

At this moment I thought back during the day, I did notice a lot card was sticking out and start pushing them back in individually, but someone told me to tap the deck on the table to push them in as this would be quicker, I did as what he told me and they look like they are back in. Now I know I not in a good position as three of cards are the same, three of judges left discuss about this between themselves and Im just sitting there scared thinking that they think I'm cheating and wondering why does it have to be three pantheism that was in the seven card that are sticking out.

As the three judges return they told me that I'm disqualified from this tournament and I would have to write a statement on what happened to konami and judges also have to write a statement, which decide if I will get suspended or not. I'm here completely shock on what happened, so I wrote the statement as did the other three judges.

After what happened I was really frustrated and thinking I could handle the situation better but I was way too nervous. I'm not sure what do now, as I did not cheat or intentionally stick any cards out their sleeve. I feeling really depress on the whole incident.

»Tygo    14122
So wait, were the sleeves too tight and forcing the cards to pop out of the top?

»ACP    33421

I'm 19, why does that matter?

It means you're old enough to get a legal name change. Just do that and unban yourself whenever you feel like it.
  • Upvote 28
  • Downvote 2

ZDuelist    0
Im not really sure if they were too tight. When I said sticking out their sleeve, I mean you cannot see card actually sticking out but when the deck is together you can see top of the card in the sleeve.

DarkBlaze557    2106

I've head judged many regional events in Yugioh, and I can tell you that disqualifying a player is a difficult decision for any head judge. The fact that it was three of the same card is probably the main reason why your head judge opted for this - it looks really bad on you, and the judge has to go with the evidence provided.

Just because you were disqualified does not mean you'll be suspended, however. That is up to Konami to decide. Just fill out your paperwork and describe what happened to the best of your ability (i.e. the same way you did here, just without the "scolded dog" voice you have going on). If you don't have a history of penalties, you stand a pretty good chance at appealing to Konami and ending up just fine.

Simply put: Stay calm and fill out you're paperwork. If it was unintentional, you can communicate that.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

»Tygo    14122
Yeah that's usually because the sleeve is a little too tight. Seems like a stupid reason to ban someone even if you wanted to think someone did it on purpose. Go over your shuffle style and play style again naturally and take note of the direction the deck is facing. At any point would you even see them sticking out unless it was the very top card? Could be used as a defense since they watched you shuffle and draw.

»PJ    4183

As the three judges return they told me that I'm disqualified from this tournament and I would have to write a statement on what happened to konami and judges also have to write a statement, which decide if I will get suspended or not. I'm here completely shock on what happened, so I wrote the statement as did the other three judges.

Here's how things work following a Disqualification (DQ):

• You fill out the paperwork and make a statement.
  • The Judges fill out their own paperwork/statement.
  • The TO fills out his.
  • These get collated and sent to Konami's Organised Play team.
  • The Penalty Committee then has a meeting (no set schedule but typically it's once a month) to discuss all DQs and reinstatement requests that have come in.
  • Once verdicts have been made, the Suspended Players list gets updated and players are contacted.

DQs don't automatically lead to Suspensions; there will be some players that have no further penalty.

The only thing I can recommend is to not book flights/accommodation to any YCS or Continental Championship until your case has been reviewed. There have been cases in the past where DQd players booked travel to a YCS, got Suspended, and essentially "wasted" their money travelling to an event they can't compete in. You might not get Suspended (I'm not on the Penalty Committee and can't talk about individual cases anyway) but it's best to play it safe.

• Upvote 3

M.C.B.    172

A cancer player has 3 of the most unfair cards he HAS TO open with sticking out. I would DQ you too with what they had on you.

Edited by Urthor
Take your salt about a player using a meta deck back to Pojo where it belongs.
  • Downvote 23

NB96    855
How long until the retards in Europe figure out that "cancer" is the worst buzzword since people called Apoqliphort towers 9/11 in 2014. you look stupid as fuck but nobody has come out and said it yet... I hear it all the time in European deck profiles

add "fair" to that list as well since Hoban likes to use it
  • Upvote 3

Soul    7945
Yugioh community is mostly socially inept morons in general. Thanks for pointing it out I guess?
  • Upvote 4

were judges watching you through the day, or did it only happen in the deck check

also why would anyone ever want to stack kuraz in the same pile as shit that they want to draw

ZDuelist    0
Judges was not watching me through the day, if they were, they would have seen a lot brickish hands. It only happened during deck check. The main thing is that their is three of the same card. Also I realise after I got disqualified, that the last duel I played I have pantheism is my opening hand, activate it to draw two card then use it grave effect to add tanicty, use tanicty for addimg another pantheism and use it to draw another two including another copy of pantheism. This seem most likely reason how they were sticking out.

SQUIDS~    381

A cancer player has 3 of the most unfair cards he HAS TO open with sticking out. I would DQ you too with what they had on you.

Shut the whole fuck up
  • Upvote 5

website is bad    2172

ah yes the old 'he was cheating all day to achieve this respectable 5-2 record'

its called "next level play"

maybe...youve heard of it??

DarthChocoboz    292

This happened to me at a YCS, just in a side event, i scrubbed day 1 so i entered the YCS trial. didnt even bother changing my sleeves, was 5-0 so only needed 2 more wins to get the free YCS flight and i got a deck check. Same situation as you, 3 judges waiting for me etc. 4 of my spells, all my traps and some of my side deck were 'marked'. 19 cards in total. I told them to sort my deck into monsters spells traps and then you can see how if i was desleeving and resleeving my deck thats how those cards would become marked. And 19 cards being marked hardly means im gonna be stacking anything in particular. They told me i'd be dq'd because i would know if i had a strong percentage to draw a trap. They also told me im not allowed to enter any other side events, even if i change my sleeves.

+Urthor    10227

This happened to me but my TO just warned me about it and told me not to do it again and it wasn't a big deal, idk why this didn't happen in this case.

»Pharaoh Atem    15769

This happened to me but my TO just warned me about it and told me not to do it again and it wasn't a big deal, idk why this didn't happen in this case.

I see AUS likes to break SOP just whenever it wants to

TOs have no right according to policy to be involved with anything like this at all: if you're an event TO, you're not a judge, and non-judges don't have the right to commit investigations, determine infractions, or apply penalties.

+Urthor    10227
Um it was a typo I meant judge

We do IDs and arm wrestles instead of dice rolls tho. Aussies rules r better anyway
  • Upvote 2

+Silver    1008

This sounds like "eh this guy is probably a noob/scrub, so he probably didn't do this intentionally"

+Urthor    10227

If you've ever seen me shuffle you know I'm absolutely no threat of any funny business