Hawkeye

Dealing with Rejection From the Other End

Hawkeye    365

So, I had an exam in my math class today. The class is hella easy (Math 100) and the material comes really naturally to me. Long story short my professor told me to essentially pick like 3 people to tutor in class and me, being the person I am, pick the girl who's struggling the most. So I give this girl my number as well as like 2-3 other people and wait. She finds my kik through my cell # and starts talking to me. At this point I think it's innocent. We meet up the next day around noon in the campus library. We leave and go a couple blocks over to grab Taco Bell and then come back to the library to study. She gets to where she feels like she has a decent grasp on the material and I leave. She then messages me on kik a couple days later and asks if I like her. I've been in a relationship now for 2 years and wouldn't dream on leaving my current girlfriend for anyone else or cheating so I obviously turn her down. Even if I were single she just simply isn't my type. I feel bad, but she has no hope of going anywhere in life due to using crutches and excuses for why her life is the way it is. Regardless of that, not only do we share the math class but we also share His201 the class period before our math class. She said hello to me and it felt super awkward. Is there any way to get out of this predicament without looking like a total dick/douche?

• Downvote 5

Nate1080    1224
You're making it awkward between you two, I guarantee it. There's no situation here to get out of. She liked you, you didn't like her, that's it the end.

Don't make nothing into something, you're wasting your time.
  • Upvote 2

Soul    7939
Secret brag thread. These worked when we were all 12.
  • Upvote 1

Soul    7939
Not if you had a computer.
  • Upvote 1

+Malcolm    4577

heh so im totally fucking this math class in the ass and since im such a chivalrous knight clad in the brilliant armour of intelligence, i naturally chose the most pitiable creature in my midst. she fell hard for my charm and i want nothing of it and now it is so hard to look at her and i find my habitat polluted in awkwardness

fuck off and stop being an asshole and just act normal

• Upvote 7

+JC.    4858

I think everyone else is downplaying this.

You helped her with math. You are morally obligated to leave your current girlfriend and immediately propose to the other one. 

• Upvote 11

wonderPreaux    1407

I think everyone else is downplaying this.

You helped her with math. You are morally obligated to leave your current girlfriend and immediately propose to the other one. 

or keep both

"Ya see, girls, this is what we call addition..."

• Upvote 1

»ACP    33401
I can relate. The worst thing about being a math major is that I constantly have to reject women asking to suck my dick.
  • Upvote 16

ニック    17

If you picked that girl because you felt like helping her, why you are turning such a silly thing into a huge deal and trying to avoid her?

You went out of your way to tutor this girl, she felt so appreciative that she wanted you, probably because of your personality or being kind, relationship or no relationship, and now you are doing the exact opposite and outright avoiding social interaction with her?

Solution: Stop avoiding her, tell her how you feel straight. Just because X said they like you and you don't want to fuck them doesn't mean that you cannot talk to them. If anything this girl probably feels that she fucked up the social interactions and time with you by asking you out, and is probably somewhere blaming themselves for asking you out, they are also likely vulnerable and confused because you helped them and then suddenly want nothing to do with them.

AKA stop being that guy that gets flustered over 1 girl liking them....

• Upvote 1