slickz

Computer randomly shutting down due to 'power surge'

slickz    4304

Grandpa bought a computer from Altex or whatever that he let me have. Model is a Veria.

Recently for the past week it's been beeping then shutting down multiple times, giving me a "computer shutdown due to unstable power" message. I've read that I could disable the computer from doing this but what is really the problem and is there a practical way to fix this? 

!Shining Bind!    220

Grandpa bought a computer from Altex or whatever that he let me have. Model is a Veria.

Recently for the past week it's been beeping then shutting down multiple times, giving me a "computer shutdown due to unstable power" message. I've read that I could disable the computer from doing this but what is really the problem and is there a practical way to fix this? 

Try a different power cord first.

If it's still causing trouble, have someone test your PSU, there are tools for that. 

+rei+    34637
sounds like the PSU isnt up to the task, though asus themselves say the mobo util that does that power management stuff isnt great

but really, no name system prob had a shit no name PSU.

slickz    4304
is checking the psu easy to do or do i need to take it to a computer repair store? I'm not savvy when it comes to shit like this

or are yall just telling me the computer sucks

+rei+    34637
if problems continue after that you can just turn off the warnings odds are the mobo is semi shit but it'll work just override the warns