SSJ Grumpig

Dark Souls 3

Dank Memeston    1716
The tree? It is really easy.

[Spoiler]
Hit the white bubble on his hand till it breaks. Do the same for his foot as well. (Both are on left i think) Then hit his belly bubbles till they break, takes a lot longer. After you break through the ground his his belly till it breaks again and then dodge etc. Till there is an openjng for his inside hand and keep hitting it... I think that is how i did it.
[/spoiler]

Dank Memeston    1716
Well, just finished the game going down the dark path. Overall pretty good. Missed an area or 2. Overall biggest gripe with the game was the vast amount of enemies who were able to swing through entire walls. :/

NB96    813
Lol I just got invaded and slayed the cheeky bastard, 2000 souls for free thanks buddy!!!

It's got to be one of the best feelings in this game.

NB96    813
Is there a merchant that sells Cracked Red Eye Orbs at some point in the game? Aftr that experience I really wanna invade people and steal their souls to annoy them.

Dank Memeston    1716
There is a guy usually hanging around the center throne who will give you 5 for free. After you beat the tree boss and have a toung in your inventory he will give you a quest to kill a darkwratih in the first area. It will give you a full red eye orb that can be used limitlessly.

NB96    813
Awesome I already beat the tree boss earlier today but I'm not sure how to get this tongue item. Maybe I already have it, I haven't checked my inventory in a while.

SSJ Grumpig    5618

you dont actually get it from the boss it comes from that fire dude in the undead settlement. theres another one in the cathedral near the giants (and if you can get there you should prob join rosaria's fingers covenant, they are the invader ones and you get more tongues for invading and killing ppl)

Dank Memeston    1716
There is essential no reason to join rosario as you get tongues for being an unaffiliated invader and it just cuts off one side quest chain. Id reccommend doing the quest first before respecing. Npc is serris. Also the tongue near the fire demon is one of 2 hanging bodys above a shack to the left of the huge bonfire.

SSJ Grumpig    5618

the ability to respec is a pretty damn good reason to join

• Upvote 1

Dank Memeston    1716

I mean you will join but you can join all the covenants at once so it doesnt matter if you pay special attention to this one. You also get 5ish tongues per NG so you dont really even need to pvp if you dont care about respec and just want covenant rewards. There are literally no changes to invading gameplay if you equip the covenant besides saying that you are a finger.

I'm not saying you shouldn't play the covenant, it is probably the best covenant in the game lore-wise.

NB96    813
Man Farron's Keep isn't even fun it's just long and tedious... you have the fucking crabs from the swamp area and those giant ogres roaming around, I saw three of them standing aroudn one fucking item. Not to mention you don't know where to go because all the trees stop you seeing into the distance to find the flames to put out. Fuck this area

+Urthor    10167

Farron's keep isn't particularly long at all, I got through the swamp pretty damn quick.  The thing you have to remember is to get the estus, the undead bone shard, and find the Wolf of Farron tower with the bonfire in it.  I thought the tall/thin enemies were very fun to fight, didn't even try vs the big things and the basilisks are just awful.  

[spoiler]

bqVHFje.jpg

[/spoiler]

Mascis    4418
hey guys I played this for like 10 hours yesterday (for the first time) and beat up to those swords guys in farron's keep.

me and the wolf are friends and it's great but idk what to do now. I keep dying to skeletons. =(

I think I still like Bloodborne better but idk it's still early yet. having a good time yelling at the tv though

NB96    813
I've just about had it with the Catacombs, those skeletons can do backflips and shit and they revive themselves... found an undead bone hsrad early on, stick around near the the first boulder and it bashes from wall to wall a few times, eventually it breaks and inside is an Undead Bone Shard.

Farron's Ultra Greatsword is very good, it's just really slow. I'm thinking of switching back to my +4 Long Sword for the Catacombs, you can swing it quicker. I'm level 55 right now, is that about the right level for the area?

Dank Memeston    1716
Its easy to beat the revive, just notice if they gave you souls or not, sometimes they drop and item even if they will rev so that id not a good indicator.

As for a strong weapon, try to grind the dark sword off the dark wraiths. So strong. The big issue with the farron sword is that it has so small attavk to otger ultra greatswordsx especially the Greatsword which you find in the swamp before. Are you dual wielding it?

Have either of you faced the ninja skeletons yet? Those are by far one of the worst enemies in the game... why are you guys javing trouble w/ the skeletons?

SSJ Grumpig    5618

those ninja skellies can suck my fucking dick

NB96    813
If you're talking about the ones that jump around and throw knives... yeah I'm having a problem with them. Those and the big trolls in Farron's Keep so far have been the most annoying enemies to me.

I like the Farron Ultra Greatsword because you can press L1/LB to do the spinning horizontol slash, it's really a fantastic move, especially during an ambush or whenever you're surrounded by enemies.

Also how are some of you guys progressing with your questlines?
[spoiler]I'm giving Irina the Dark Tomes to drive her mad... I just wanna see what happens out of morbid curiosity. I also chose to forgive Patches as he is a vendor. I haven't joined Rosaria's covenant yet (although I found her) because I know it antagonizes one of the other NPC's.[/spoiler]

Dank Memeston    1716
In my first playethrough i went down the dark path with yuria and that was about it. I am almost done with sirris questline now and finished anris proper questline. Also hoping to grg siegwards quedtline done thus time to adsuming i dont forget.

NB96    813
What weapon are you guys using mainly? I started with the Long Sword up until I beat the Abyss Watchers. I've been using the Farron's Great Sword since then, but I just got the Dragonslayer Axe and was able to upgrade it to +7. My goodness, this weapon is fantastic. I thouroughly recommend you guys trigger the invasion by Creighton after the third bonfire in Irithyll to get it. This axe is awesome. The only other weapon I'm desparate for now is the Dragonslayer Bow.

Also can anyone tell me what the Way of White Circlet does? I read it's item info but I still find it a little vague.

Mascis    4418
using the holy sword that the big skeleton at the end of the catacombs drops. it's pretty sweet.

fuck the bridge monster in the boreal valley btw

NB96    813
Someone please tell me how two people are allowed to invade me but my Wolf Covenant doesn't give me any allies. This is bullshit game design, 2 on 1 invasions shouldn't be allowed that's ridiculously unfair

Edit Way of Blue gives you allies my bad. Doesn't change the fact that 2 on 1 invasions shouldn't be allowed at all, I'd love to meet the retard who thought that was a good idea...

+Urthor    10167

using the holy sword that the big skeleton at the end of the catacombs drops. it's pretty sweet.

fuck the bridge monster in the boreal valley btw

The knights after him are a lot more annoying.  He seemed like a very very dark soulsy enemy to me, two hand a fast swinging sword, two hits then roll to dodge his attacks.  Not to mention the bonefire is very near before him, it'll work out.

What weapon are you guys using mainly? I started with the Long Sword up until I beat the Abyss Watchers. I've been using the Farron's Great Sword since then, but I just got the Dragonslayer Axe and was able to upgrade it to +7. My goodness, this weapon is fantastic. I thouroughly recommend you guys trigger the invasion by Creighton after the third bonfire in Irithyll to get it. This axe is awesome. The only other weapon I'm desparate for now is the Dragonslayer Bow.

Also can anyone tell me what the Way of White Circlet does? I read it's item info but I still find it a little vague.

+8 Broadsword infused for Strenght.  Broadsword seemed like pretty much the best PVE weapon in the game before the greatsword buff, and probably still is.  

NB96    813
Any tips on the fight against the two crocodiles in Irithyll? I can't seem to beat them but I heard they're guarding a really useful ring so I need to try and get it. I'm level 70 something