Ynusgridorh

Berserk Manga

Ynusgridorh    143

Hands down the greatest manga of all time. Best story, best artwork, best everything. A class above One Piece, Naruto, Bleach and even Kingdom, though not suited for younger readers.

For those who want to read it:

http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Berserk

Some pics from the first chapter:

proxy?container=focus&gadget=a&no_expand

proxy?container=focus&gadget=a&no_expand

+Urthor    10297

and biggest troll of all time, considering the author basically earnt infinite money then got bored and quit hundreds of chapters before the natural ending point.

Never read a chapter and don't ever really want to read a chapter

Ynusgridorh    143

and biggest troll of all time, considering the author basically earnt infinite money then got bored and quit hundreds of chapters before the natural ending point.

Never read a chapter and don't ever really want to read a chapter

The manga actually resumed in 2015. But yeah, we'd been waiting.

You like Bleach, right? Berserk is twice as good (no figure of speech).

Also, the new anime serie is coming.

+Urthor    10297

I mean obv just about anything can be twice as good as Bleach, and Berserk's reputation and art proceeds it, but there's still no way I'm reading this until it finishes in 2030.  Not about to get Hunter X Huntered twice, I thought he resumed forever after the last time.  

Dank Memeston    1731

I think it is a bit too simple of a manga to be the best but it is definitely something I recommend people to read even though I warn them. Only a few more months until it resumes.............................

This is my first hiatus with it; hopefully my last as well.

Ynusgridorh    143

I think it is a bit too simple of a manga to be the best but it is definitely something I recommend people to read even though I warn them. Only a few more months until it resumes.............................

This is my first hiatus with it; hopefully my last as well.

There's a lack of plot-no-jutsus (which is a good thing in my opinion) but I don't think it's simple at all. The symbolism is pretty strong, the big events are mindblowing, the characters have depth and there are so many questions that are still unanswered.

2 questions for those who have already read it:

[spoiler]Have you noticed Gut's sword hasen't been damaged for a while? It was all cracked up after the Lost Children Ark, got reforged and has stayed unscratched ever since. Do you think it has to do with the fact that everything is stronger after it has been reborn?[/spoiler]

[spoiler]Is there any doubt Skull Knight and King Gaiseric are the same person? There's a bunch of things that suggest it:

- Gaiseric always wore a skull helmet.

- Skull Knight is at least 1000 years old.

- Slan called him "Your Majesty" in Qliphort.

- It's heavily implied that Skull Knight and Gaiseric have both experienced the same tragedy as Gut.[/spoiler]

Dank Memeston    1731

1: [spoiler]I forget who said it, maybe the old witch lady, but they did say that his sword is no longer just a common metal sword anymore... that is was something beyond or a part of the other world or something to that effect. Very extremely vague about it, maybe for lack of understanding.[/spoiler]

2: [spoiler]I mean I agree that this is essentially confirmed.[/spoiler]

• Upvote 1

»Tygo    14101

Was bleach just used as a measuring stick? Wtf?

Ynusgridorh    143

1:

[spoiler]Yes, I remember Schierke saying the sword has gotten a strange aura after cutting beings from the astral world. The problem is, the sword got heavilly damaged the first time from cutting those same beings from the astral world so there must be another reason why it is no longer damaged and I believe it's because it was reforged and hence reborned.[/spoiler]

2:

[spoiler]If Skull Knight is King Gaiseric then Void must be the priest who got imprisoned in the Tower of Conviction and summoned the angels, right?[/spoiler]

Ynusgridorh    143

Was bleach just used as a measuring stick? Wtf?

Yes, because it's popular (5500 replies so far). Anything can be used as a measuring stick as long as it is used the right way.

»Tygo    14101

You used it to define the quality of this, not the popularity. Replies are just because it's been around forever. Bleach is garb and the only reason most people read it (if you actually read the replies you're talking about) is because we all want to know how it ends and we've invested too much time in it to not get there. It was a pretty terrible comparison.

Ynusgridorh    143

I've made it very clear Bleach was garbage compared to Berserk haven't I? Bleach is a good stick measure because everybody knows about it and therefore can easilly understand the comparison.

Soteria    15

I've made it very clear Bleach was garbage compared to Berserk haven't I? Bleach is a good stick measure because everybody knows about it and therefore can easilly understand the comparison.

Havent read it but "twice as good" doesn't really fill me with confidence if the comparison is with bleach

Telvin123    387

It's definitely an amazing manga, but yea, putting Bleach anywhere near it in the same sentence or even paragraph would make me be cautious myself.

Dank Memeston    1731

This manga is similar to bleach in that there is a big sword(s). That is it. There is little evidence of a static world; a safe world that can hold your hand. The people in this manga will all go through hardships both big and small as they venture in this journey. The art starts a little weak/standard (although I guess for the time was very good) but improves over time. All of the characters are unique but remember that this land is unforgiving. Karma is not a matter of causality in this world. (at least beyond personal grudges, etc.)

+Gojira    1706

about fucking time

the new show is really lackluster

Ynusgridorh    143
1 hour ago, Gojira said:

about fucking time

the new show is really lackluster

I watched 3 seconds of it. Looks even worse than the 3 movies. Don't bother.