Honest

How is simultaneous reapplication ordered?

Honest    12

In what order are multiple Continuous Effects and Continuous-like Effects reapplied when they stop being negated, etc., simultaneously?  Examples:

1)  Two Royal Decrees reapply when Jinzo is removed from the field.

2)  Final Attack Orders and Level Limit - Area B reapply when Jinzo and Spell Canceler are removed from the field simultaneously.

3)  Thunder Nyan Nyan and Skill Drain reapply when Jinzo and Destiny HERO - Plasma are removed from the field simultaneously.

Does the game reapply the effect of the first card that was face-up on the field first (if so, activated first or resolved first for S/T?)?  Does it reapply the first effect that was applied first (i.e., Thunder Nyan Nyan may have been face-up on the field first, but its effect may not have had its condition met until after Skill Drain was active)?  Does it try to remember the old application order (i.e., if the first Decree to resolve was temporarily negated, the second would takeover, then if both were negated and then reapplied...)?

If we were programming Yugioh, when would the timestamps be taken, to later compare for ordering reapplication?

~ness00~    1013

I think the rule of thumb was that the turn player's applies first, and if the turn player controls multiple effects, they choose.

Shur'tugal    23

I think the rule of thumb was that the turn player's applies first, and if the turn player controls multiple effects, they choose.

In these scenarios, wasn't it the one that was applying first?

SageRhapsody    272
I know usually for say skill drain vs jinzo the one that had its effects applied first wins.

I assume that if these effects stop applying for whatever reason and then start applying again, it'll use that new "time of applying" to dictate what wins and wipe out the first order.

In the case of simultaneous applications it'd make sense for the turn player's card to start first as an easy QoL thing.