Sign in to follow this  
NB96

Doctor Strange

NB96    850
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwcSki7r9cQ
This film looks really trippy but the cast is supposed to be great. Idk much about Dr Strange other than that Spider-Man TAS episode he was in but i'm interested in where they're going with this.

+Sophocles    3075

My favorite marvel character. :)

trailer looks super bland though

probably will be at least ok thanks to performances by Benedict Cucumbersnatch and Tilda swinton

+Gemstone Mine    2596

doctor strange is a great character, and this movie looks a lot like the thor movies where they say fuck it making sense to non-marvel people, just throw you in to the mix and hope you figure it out, so that looks pretty good.

captainameowica    3770
i'm pretty sure everyone missed it but we got our first taste of not only magic but also the multiverse in the trailer.

stephen is a pretty cool character with a lot of great potential. when he becomes the sorcerer supreme, he's ridiculously powerful. it's going to be great seeing him on the big screen.

if you guys want a good start as to who he is, check out the dr. strange animated film on youtube or netflix if it's still there. gives a phenomenal origin story that's easy to understand.

also i can't wait to see robert downey jr and benedict cumberbatch interact in the infinity gauntlet films. both of them being sherlock holmes should offer a great great scene.
  • Upvote 1

»Tygo    14119

Time Stone Confirmed. 

NB96    850

If you have 25mins to spare, this non-spoiler review might get you even more excited for the film.

NB96    850

Yah pretty sure this comes out tomorrow in the UK. Have no idea why we get Marvel films a week or so early though.

Blacklisted    1329

Wont make midnight screening but keen for this on Thursday !

• Upvote 1

+Gojira    1706

All the reviews i've read have been optimistic, but middling. Seems most people like it, but none think it's great because of a weak/rushed plot.

Mr Dragon    312

I just got back from watching it. The plot is definitely the worst element of it, but it's basically Doctor Strange's origin story and I'm glad we got to see it on the big screen; in fairness they did as much with it as they could and lot of the general audience needed the introduction to the character. I also thought the resolution of the plot was fairly clever, much more so than 'people just keep fighting until the hero wins the fight' resolution that some superhero films tend to have.

The film is much funnier than I thought it'd be and there was a couple of occasions were the humour was a little too silly so that it jarred with what was going on but it mostly worked fine.

The visuals are definitely the highlight of the film, the couple of Inceptionesque scenes from the trailers are just the beginning and it gets way trippier from there on out. 

Overall it was one of the better marvel films both as a superhero story and as a film from an artistic standpoint. If the plot was better it'd probably be my favourite marvel movie but because of it being sort of flimsy in that area it probably only ends up being in the top third of marvel films for me.

(By the way, the amount of easter eggs for follow up movies in this is insane, as are the end credit scenes).

• Upvote 2

Blacklisted    1329

All the reviews have been spot on. The plot isn't amazing but isn't bad, definitely rushed. The characters were pretty good, I do wish there was more fighting scenes though

Telvin123    387

Looked very cool for sure, but the movie itself was neither bad nor great. It was good, serviceable, honestly there's not much else to really say tbh. I did however, like how Strange defeated the villain at the end. 

In the end, it's one of those movies that is sort of hampered by the fact that we had to go through his origin story. For something introducing magic and such, it was obviously necessary though, and I expect that the sequel will likely be much better as a result of not having to worry about that. 

NB96    850

I just got home from watching the film. I thought it was pretty good but a bit rushed.

Also the second post credit clip didn't make much sense to me.

I'm trying to be vague but it was like the changed part of the character's personality very suddenly, it wasn't like they built up to the guy becoming evil.

Telvin123    387
19 minutes ago, NB96 said:

I just got home from watching the film. I thought it was pretty good but a bit rushed.

Also the second post credit clip didn't make much sense to me.

Hide contents

I'm trying to be vague but it was like the changed part of the character's personality very suddenly, it wasn't like they built up to the guy becoming evil.

Well they did reference several times that he's very rigid, unbending, a guy that has no tolerance for bending the rules. (Could've been shown a bit better though I guess) Which is why he was greatly upset when he found out The Ancient One was drawing power from the Dark Dimension. As for the post-credits scene, in his perspective, he doesn't see himself as evil I guess, just feels that part of the issue is that there are too many sorcerers out there that aren't adhering to the rules.

• Upvote 1

Nelrick    2392

Sorry to necrobump a thread. Just saw the movie today.

Can someone explain to me where the whole "odin in earth" comes from?

I read on the internet that odin was on earth and all that jazz but does any film show that? The dvd version of dark world? It just seemed so out of place.

Villain was fairly terrible, but Dormamu was what he was suppose to be. 

Plot was definitely rushed and felt generic overall, but it got the job done. 

Was really hoping for the actors to step up and carry themselves, but no one did really. 

Visuals were by far the best part of the movie

»Logic    2033

I'm still blown away that ten years ago, the love interest was Regina George.