Sign in to follow this  
Wumbologist

Ask a Trumpologist anything

Wumbologist    14205
I will do my best to respond to all questions when I have time.

I look forward to having an open discussion of ideas.
  • Upvote 4

Laser Cat    5611

Are you going to build a wall to keep the pojoers out?

Is pojo even still a thing?

• Upvote 3

Wumbologist    14205

why do you support trump?

Primarily because of his stances on trade and immigration.
  • Upvote 2

+Mascis    4564

would you rather be fucked by trump or would you rather lick the donald's asshole?

Digbick    7269
Whats your opinion on bernie bros

»ACP    33417

I surprisingly agree with a substantial amount of what Trump has to say. He's right that PC culture is absolutely a problem in America. He's also right that our government is corrupt to the point that it barely qualifies as a democracy. We do need an outsider who isn't taking billions of from special interest groups.

Once you get past that though, everything else of what Trump has to say is garbage. Non-criminal immigrants are actually great for the economy. It's a trivial economic exercise to prove that immigrants create as many jobs as they take (the income that they earn increases aggregate demand, which increases quantity produced, which creates jobs). Statistically speaking, a Mexican immigrant is actually less likely to be a criminal than an American citizen. So allowing Mexican immigrants into the country is mostly just pure upside. It's also a trivial exercise to prove that free trade is good for the economy. If you have a trade deficit it causes lower prices. If you have a trade surplus it creates jobs and increases wages. People on the right are always pointing out that liberals "don't understand economics" (which believe me, in many senses they don't), but Trump supporters have their fair share of economic ignorance as well.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Wumbologist    14205

Are you going to build a wall to keep the pojoers out?
Is pojo even still a thing?

I'm not going to respond to most of the joke questions because I would like this to be a serious thread but I will address this one.

This site is dying. It's sad for me to say that because this is a site I've enjoyed visiting daily for years and years, but it's clear for anyone with eyes to see. We should welcome people from Pojo, DN, and anywhere else with open arms. That is, of course, if they're willing to assimilate to the culture we have crafted here. When new members come here we expect them to read and adhere to our rules. We expect them to observe and understand the way things work here before posting. We expect these things, among others, because we crafted one of the most successful and respected ygo forums with this way of doing things.

I find it fascinating that we don't expect the same assimilation from immigrants.
  • Upvote 4

»ACP    33417

I also want to know how you personally choose to deal with the fact that 99% of Trump supporters are fucking losers (which is why they jizz everytime they hear Trump say "we're going to win again"). Trump supporters and Bernie supporters are virtually the same kinds of people with one small difference. They're both essentially white folks with shit jobs (ie losers) that are mad because the system doesn't work for them. The difference is that Bernie supporters think the solution is to have government give them free shit, and Trump supporters think the solution is racism and trickle down economics. Both of those are pretty shitty solutions. I myself identify as a Bernie supporter, but I don't agree with most of his "give everyone free shit" proposals (I want universal healthcare, but none of the other stuff).

+Paraliel+    8033
But that's not what Bernie supporters want at all, they just want taxes to go towards things they think matter instead of wasting it.

»ACP    33417

But that's not what Bernie supporters want at all, they just want taxes to go towards things they think matter instead of wasting it.

If that is what they want, then they aren't going to get it under a Sanders administration. Bernie Sanders has never stated that he is going to cut any substantial amount of government spending in any department. He has simply said that he is going to increase taxes and use new tax revenues to pay for his proposals. Most of his new taxes are going to be on the richest Americans, but even middle class Americans will see a 5% tax increase under his plan.

+Paraliel+    8033

If that is what they want, then they aren't going to get it under a Sanders administration. Bernie Sanders has never stated that he is going to cut any substantial amount of government spending in any department. He has simply said that he is going to increase taxes and use new tax revenues to pay for his proposals. Most of his new taxes are going to be on the richest Americans, but even middle class Americans will see a 5% tax increase under his plan.

He also want to shift from spending taxes on corporate bailouts to schools/healthcare and such.

»Tygo    14137

I was under the impression that the only people getting taxes are those with 250K incomes or higher. 

»canasian    4105

Nah it's been well-known for awhile that Sanders' model raises everyone's taxes (it's kinda hard to go on facebook and not see an article about it); a 5% increase on the taxes of someone making $500K/year is just going to be much more money than a 5% increase on the taxes of someone making $50K/year so it's a "more significant" hit to the wealthy

Wumbologist    14205
Allen, thank you for your posts. I will respond substantively tomorrow night when I have more time (too much to write from my phone).

+rei+    34890

Well to be fair he'll be cutting off $135bn in oil subsidies. That's part of the budget

His tax plan seems p good imo

+rei+    34890
Other than "be mean to china" what trade plan do you like?

In what universe is it a reasonable solution to attempt to get a neighbour and trading partner to donate $32bn to you to build a wall

Can't the problem of "dey took er jerbs" illegal immigrants be completely resolved by forcing companies to follow employment standards on illegal immigrants, thus removing any incentive to hire them over a civilian to begin with?

»Tygo    14137

The wall will do absolutely nothing since a much larger amount of illegal immigrants are here due to overstaying visa's than actually crossing the border so the entire thing is a giant waste of money.

+Silver    1012

tbh it would be just better to improve the immigration process using the money. 

Ostaph    73

Isn't it somewhat ironic that America has immigration as one of the major themes in the election debates?

How are you personally affected by immigration?

What is so bad about a government spending money that is t seen as a generally good thing to cut spending?

Why are taxes or at least raising taxes generally bad?