Nate1080

I need Help w/ dieting/exercise plan

Nate1080    1248

After the topic I made yesterday, I decided to put my foot down and really commit to losing fat and getting an awesome body. I'm serious about this. Right now seems to be the absolute perfect time to do this, since my college semester is basically over (I graduate in 20 days) and thus I don't have any major projects in the way to knock me off a routine. I actually have all the time in the world, for the most part.

Every time I had tried to do this in the past, I either got injured outside of the gym or was too busy with school to consistently stay on schedule.  

I need help with a dieting plan that's both easy to stick to and inexpensive. At one point, a friend of mine that regularly works out recommended me his diet plan, where I eat around 5 times a day but really small portions of food per meal. Needless to say I was always hungry, and found it difficult to stick to it after about two weeks. I did, combined with daily cardio and weight training (machines), lose a shit ton of fat though on that diet.

I typically eat once or twice a day, sometimes three times. This past year however, a good chunk of my meals have included a lot of fast food. Far more than I've ever had in my life.

I need help with an actual exercise schedule, as in what kinds of exercises I should be doing per day. A few months ago, just before I went on that diet, my exercise plan was typically whatever I could fit within an hour. I had no fucking clue what to do, so everyday I would do a little bit of leg/thigh/etc. exercises, chest, biceps/shoulders, back, abs, then about 10 to 15 on the treadmill. Not always in that order (treadmill was always last though). I never got really sore afterwards, maybe I didn't do enough, but eventually the week after I stopped the diet, I stopped going to the gym.

I'm 22 years old, 5'9, 370lbs (Last I remember. It's been a few months).

Thank you.

Aaron    2105

I can train you but you need to be:

1) Serious

2) Understand this is a LONG journey 

3) Methodical

4) Consistent

5) Willing to invest time and initially some money (into buying scales, food scales, gym memberships etc.) 

6) Willing to learn and understand your own body and limitations 

7) A lot of initial reading 

8) Before and after pictures 

If you're serious about this, hit me up. 

370lbs @ 5'9 is just way too easy to pass up. I could make you look 10x better in a year. 

Also being that  heavy at that height gives you lots of health complications.

Since you're not paying me, I can't guarantee easy availability but I would expect it from you. 

I'll probably communicate with you over Skype or some shit as I've had enough of typing the same shit over and over on this forum in regards to fitness. Thats if you are interested. If you are, PM me. I have a surgical on-call this weekend so ideally we'd have a chat this week/one evening. 

• Upvote 3

902    1774

Weight loss is essentially just math. 1 pound = 3500 calories. You have a TDEE which is the amount of calories you need to eat a day to just sustain yourself. For example, if someone's TDEE is 2000 calories a day and they eat at a 500 calories deficit a day, they will be -3500 calories in a week which equals to 1 pound a week of weight loss. Since you're just starting out I wouldn't recommend eye balling calories and make sure you count every single food you consume. 

Research online what your TDEE is and depending on how fast you want to lose weight, eat 500-1000 calories below that number. When you throw in exercise, you'll be shedding off the weight like nothing. Since you're pretty big and probably aren't fit, you probably shouldn't start going to the gym just yet and just do a shit ton of cardio until you slim down a little bit.

Diet is overall the most important thing though. Remember, you can't out train a bad diet. 

Aaron    2105

Weight loss is essentially just math. 1 pound = 3500 calories. You have a TDEE which is the amount of calories you need to eat a day to just sustain yourself. For example, if someone's TDEE is 2000 calories a day and they eat at a 500 calories deficit a day, they will be -3500 calories in a week which equals to 1 pound a week of weight loss. Since you're just starting out I wouldn't recommend eye balling calories and make sure you count every single food you consume. 

Research online what your TDEE is and depending on how fast you want to lose weight, eat 500-1000 calories below that number. When you throw in exercise, you'll be shedding off the weight like nothing. Since you're pretty big and probably aren't fit, you probably shouldn't start going to the gym just yet and just do a shit ton of cardio until you slim down a little bit.

Diet is overall the most important thing though. Remember, you can't out train a bad diet. 

This is essentially.. basically.. true but in practice its a lot more complicated.

When someone says they're 5'9 and 300lbs+, the first thing you need to say before talking about caloric maintenances and all that shit is.. you need to lose weight for your own life, for your own life expectancy and to drastically try and reduce the risk of co-morbidities which being at that weight has. 

At 390lbs, you don't want to lose a 1lb/week. Its too slow, it will take you two years to get to 300lbs. Likewise you don't want to be dropping weight too fast without being prepared for what can and will happen (e.g. loose skin). Its a complicated balancing act. 

TDEE's and all that shit is just theory. The truth is metabolism is adaptive. Theres a reason why bodybuilders taper down their calories continuously during a cut and its not because their TDEE relative to activity and bodyweight alone limit its; no equation quite explains plateuing but its really down to how adaptive our metabolisms are.

Anyway i cba getting into this shit too much but yeah PMed  you back nate. 

Wolfywolf.    19

I had a friend lose 85 pounds in 6 months by walking 3 miles on the treadmill 4 times a week. He switched to only eating chicken and rice with homemade salsa to add flavor and drank nothing but water and 1 cup of black coffee in the morning. He went from around 300 to 215 from the time of our high school graduating in june to christmas. That could be a starting point but Aaron probably has hundreds of ideas to help as well. As he said stay committed. 

Tails    9

I'll never understand why people try stick to like a specific kind of diet and exercise plan. Just eat a normal amount of food for one human and do whatever exercise you most enjoy or least hate.

Have breakfast, lunch, dinner and nothing else and obviously make those meals healthy ones plus an hour or two a day of doing literally anything that burns a decent amount of calories. 

Easy as fuck.

• Downvote 3

On 5/10/2016 at 0:43 PM, Tails said:

I'll never understand why people try stick to like a specific kind of diet and exercise plan. Just eat a normal amount of food for one human and do whatever exercise you most enjoy or least hate.

Have breakfast, lunch, dinner and nothing else and obviously make those meals healthy ones plus an hour or two a day of doing literally anything that burns a decent amount of calories. 

Easy as fuck.

Requesting ban. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Soul    7971

Easy as fuck.

Smoke lots of weed, drink copious amounts of alcohol and eat 2 meals a day.

Source(s): I'm 6'3 sitting at 175.

On a side note, hard to believe you are only 22. That'd make me older than you by a year. 

• Upvote 1

Tails    9
21 hours ago, Francis J Underwood said:

Requesting ban. 

confirmed fat guy

• Downvote 5

Tails    9

umad coz i debunked your excuses about not being able to lose weight? go cry into a kebab you lazy shit

• Downvote 6

34 minutes ago, Tails said:

umad coz i debunked your excuses about not being able to lose weight? go cry into a kebab you lazy shit

No, he's mad because you're being a faggot.

• Upvote 2

Easy as fuck.

Specific diets and plan are easy to follow and the results are statistically more consistent because they are controlled in terms macros and portions. Not to mention, they are usually designed for the avg person's tastes and goals. 

Contrary to your dumbass logic, not everyone understands what a normal amount of food is. Furthermore, this is even variable since a normal amount of food for you isn't going to be the same as a normal amount of food for me. 

W/e exercise is also bs comment. Cardio vs compound lifts among other things have notably different uses with some being more effective than others depending on your goals. 

Yea because having more and smaller meals (4-6) than the standard 3 meals isn't totally more effective at staving off hunger, feeding the body, and losing wt/fat right? 

Please ban this guy 

Source: A guy who does bodybuilding for fun and has actually competed (myself). 

+rei+    34783

more meals is basically a myth, but ignoring that Tails you have no idea what the fuck you're talking about. Like what the fuck. 

. Just eat a normal amount of food for one human

The fuck does that mean? not everyone has the same basal metabolic rate, there is no "normal amount of food for one human" - you need to operate at a caloric deficit to lose weight, and if your perception of "normal amount of food for one human" doesn't line up with a deficit weight wont be lost - similarly if someone is huge their BMR and maintenance levels might be way higher than you percieve and they'll have unecessary unproductive suffering because you gave shit advice about something you don't understand

Or you can just figure out the calories you need and operate at a deficit, which is how weight loss actually works - simply "burning the calories with an hour or two of work" doesn't work - it's far easier to not eat 200 calories than to burn 200 calories - which is not to discount the importance of exercise but it's not the larger component of what makes weight loss happen and if it's a serious goal you'll want to be researching what type of exercisei s right for what you want...

and if someone's a fatty what's the chances they have a 2 hour exercise/sport/whatever that they're happy doing already

• Upvote 3

its much easier to lose weight thru eating than thru excersize. when i lost 23kg i did it thru 0 exersize and just counting my calories thru myfitnesspal. only after i lost all the crap that i decided to start eating more and going to the gym for bulking

you can do both excercize and eating less at the same time but i really don't recommend it because it is really hard and chances are you will give up half way because of how awful it feels. easier to just eat less.

for reference, u'd need to run 40 minutes to burn off a mars bar or something crazy like that.

• Upvote 1

+rei+    34783

Im gonna pos you for the first bit but caloric deficit + exercise wont ruin you and is prob a good idea 

And yea its a lot easier to not drink a mountain dew than to burn off a mountain dew

+Silver    1005

What do you guys think about the broco-water-chicken diet?

Been thinking of losing some pounds and i have heard pros and cons about the diet.

thoughts?

• Downvote 1

Aaron    2105

fucking hell. why even have the pinned topics 

• Upvote 1

Nate1080    1248

I love how some bot bumps a topic I completely forgot about lmao

Since this topic, I’m relatively less fat but still fat. I was going well for a while but fell off the wagon a bit last month or so due to stress/devoting less time to work out.