wind-ups

ggs

Jazz    4709
9 hours ago, captainameowica said:

sorry for late response, long day butttttt

SPOTLIGHT FORMAT: TROOP DUPE

Start: May 10th

End: May 17th

Here are a bunch of solid sample lists for people to get ideas. I know it's daunting looking through all the shit on metagame, so I wanted to help people if I could since I suggested this shitstorm of a format:

http://imgur.com/a/mBfRl

DDT
Big City
Beasts
Machines (I made a mistake on the list, should have 2 Snipe Hunter, obviously can't have 2 DMoC)
"T-Hero"
"PCM"
Demise OTK
Model's Deck (-1 MST)
Gadget's (Dexter Dalit)
Six Samurai
Womack's Deck (-1 NoE)

Jazz    4709

Some theory-oh to get you caught up on my hindsight thoughts on troop dup. Applying these concepts largely make it a more consistent format IMO.

1. Stratos is the best monster in the format. Best floater ever.

2. Maxed Dustshoot and Confi are near musts because they are some of the few cards that can stabilize the early game.

3. Cyber Dragon is the most overrated card. Shouldn't be splashed into any deck just because. Only really belongs in hyper aggro decks imo.

4. Sakuretsu is far too limited in what it stops. Even though DPrison isn't out yet it's probably outdated. It doesn't stop the power plays of the format which are largely Stratos, Trooper, and Monarchs.

5. Trooper shouldn't be splashed into every deck either. It's awkward in HERO decks as well as PCM decks. It's a semi-floater that has several counters and is a juicy brain control target. Don't get me wrong it's a great card, but it's not magic. It doesn't always trigger and often mills the wrong cards. It forces you to be play aggressive and fall into the "whoever gets troop dup or avarice first" trap of the format that drives people crazy. I've replaced it with Merchant in my personal HERO deck. I still side a playset of Troop Dup though.

6. Snipe Hunter is a great card but I find it to be best for late game, because you can get utility out of dead Dustshoots, Dups, RotAs. You can reliably get it by late game even at 1 copy because it's a good Sangan target. It is also more likely to get run over in battle if brought out earlier. PWWB however is an invaluable early game card. It's an amazing counter to Troop+Dup. So in many lists that had 2 Snipe I often drop one for PWWB to balance out the deck.
  • Upvote 1

captainameowica    3822
14 hours ago, Francis J Underwood said:

Got Tom Brady 2-0 in Troop Dupe (not sure if you by 24 hrs or by midnight = new day), but in case its the latter figured I'd post

24 hours. this match will not be counted towards rankings

i'm on by the way

Jazz    4709
1 hour ago, Francis J Underwood said:

Sinister got me 2-1. 

Trap Dustshoot is such a terrible card lol 

Gotta play 2 RotA dawg

3 minutes ago, Jazz said:

Gotta play 2 RotA dawg

Smart players play around rota ;)

Nah getting dustshooted 3 games in a row t1 is not fun. It's not even that he drew into it with extra draw. If that were the case, it's w/e, but when the chances are dead even and your oppn just hits it, it's just not your day.  Just he opened it and I didn't. Couldn't recover from it g3 which was improbable and unfortunate (couldnt draw a mon outside of cydras)

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1