rap tap

Overwatch [Full Version Available]

»rap tap    20154

how can you say sombra has awful damage vs characters with armor and then say she's a tankbuster when 3/5 of the tanks have armor???

Grimey    8114
3 hours ago, rap tap said:

how can you say sombra has awful damage vs characters with armor and then say she's a tankbuster when 3/5 of the tanks have armor???

did you use her yet? if so you can prove me wrong but in the videos I watched, she did fairly awful damage until the reinhardt/winston's 100hp of armor was gone and then she completely shredded the rest of their hp 

»ACP    33421

So winston is definitely a hard counter to sombra. Played winston vs a team of 6 sombras, was not fair at all.

Axle    1217

Spy vs Pyro all over again lel 

Not really though since if you have a chance of engaging a Winston (he jumps onto you while you are going for another target), you'd probably have a safety net teleport up. He can't really follow you through walls. It would force you to disengage for a bit, but it's better than the alternative of death. You're distracting at least 2 heroes and doing it very safely. Then you can quickly get back in to the battle because of your shift speed and hacked health kits. 

Not that Sombra would necessarily be played that way. The rest of her skills provide huge utility to being with the team. But I'm sure it depends on the situation.

Grimey    8114

Sombra is live. I repeat. Sombra is live. 

More hype for 3v3 matches than anything though. Would be better if I had 2 other people to play with but still, it looks really fun and the free loot boxes are legit. 

Grimey    8114

So Torb is kinda legit now. Bothers me because now bad players are gonna try and play him.. lmao 

Grimey    8114

@canasian 

Do you play Overwatch?? I'm watching a stream and someone in the game has same name as you and is top 300. 

»canasian    4105
1 minute ago, Grimey said:

@canasian 

Do you play Overwatch?? I'm watching a stream and someone in the game has same name as you and is top 300. 

Nah that's not me, s/o to the actual Canadian Asians out there dominating rpg's though

»canasian    4105

This probably means that if I ever branch out into games besides ygo and Pokemon I'm gonna need a new username doesn't it?

+scuzzlebutt    23495

there's at least 2 other fucking frogmen in melee

ill never forgive them

• Upvote 1

»Audioslayne    909

I know I'm way late but I'm just finally getting into this.  Any general tips to not suck?

I've only ran a few bot games so far and it seems everyone there is braindead.  I was playing mei trying to use walls for choke points and set up mismatched team fights  (not that you need to vs bots) and it just seemed like everyone wanted to be the hero and do their own thing.

I saw grimeys recommended noob hero list two pages ago.  Still current or have things changed a lot since sombra?

Grimey    8114

Mei got nerfed and her Ultimate ability takes a lot longer to charge now, which makes her a lot less brain dead. 

If you can play Soldier well you can carry teams by yourself. 

• Upvote 1

»Audioslayne    909

Seems every game I've played in other people are just mass jumping Soldier.  I know you can have duplicates but I assume that makes the team soft to hard counters and is frowned upon?

Been liking Reinhardt quite a bit but I have no idea if he's actually good or if I'm just in ELO hell and he's a pubstomper.

»ACP    33421

Reinhart is a good character to main right now. He's playable in every situation, so your team is never going to hate you for picking him.

• Upvote 1

Grimey    8114
3 hours ago, ACP said:

Reinhart is a good character to main right now. He's playable in every situation, so your team is never going to hate you for picking him.

Every tank in this game (Winston a bit less than others), is good to learn as well. They're always needed. Zarya and Roadhog (sorta) are the tanks that can carry teams by themselves. Reinhardt just further aids in supporting the team.

If you actually enjoy playing Lucio; learning him can be good too, except he doesn't carry teams. 

Grimey    8114

I ended season 2 at 3216 because everyone was throwing games (since it was the end of the season etc).

Started season 3 at 3216. Nice system, my placement games were entirely useless. 

Dawgy    2039
On 12/1/2016 at 10:39 PM, Grimey said:

I ended season 2 at 3216 because everyone was throwing games (since it was the end of the season etc).

Started season 3 at 3216. Nice system, my placement games were entirely useless. 

The idea behind the reset has been to thin out Gold and Platinum and increase the population sizes of Bronze and Silver. As it stands, there is too much of a skill discrepancy between players of similar ranking in Gold/Platinum.

Diamond+ shouldn't have been very affected by the reset, so the idea is that your rank should stay relatively the same after the soft reset (I guess it stayed exactly the same lol). What did you go in your placements?

captainameowica    3770

So roadhogs hook is basically the same, if not better than what it was. Pretty frustrating considering he was one of the reasons for the last 3-4 months being so shit.