Paraliel

Tavern Brawl Discussion

42 posts in this topic

[insert monologue here about awesome discussion]

This week was Pick 2, thoughts on it?

Hearthstone section, huh.

idk mechwarper decks and ice block decks are pretty obvious, the real fun is playing the counters.  Kripp's tavern brawl video this week has some neat decks, I particularly liked Frost Nova/Deathwing.

This TB is very accessible, very fun

Definitely. Plenty of diversity this time around. If this were a format of its own, It'd be interesting to see how it unfolds with more time.

You can kind of see some of the archetypes: aggro(Murloc, Mech, etc), counter aggro/minion hate, Ice Block, Innervate (Loatheb, Y'shaarj, Deathwing, etc), Spell Combos, etc.

There's always a counter out there. Wonder if the meta would settle itself out into some rough equilibrium over time.

This week's brawl is pretty good. After the initial wave of aggro, which seems to always happen, a ton of great controll-y stuff is popping up. Guaranteed Alarm-o-bots are fun.

I've only tried Windfury Shaman so far, but it seems a bit slow due to Overload. Definitely leaves an exposed weakness of AoE being a problem.

I could see a lot of things like Miracle Rogue doing well this week.

I was away so I just tried it out today. I assumed that it would be all aggro so I built pirate warrior. Turns out people are playing control. Turns out pirate warrior still wins, lol

I really hate Tavern Brawls where you could just make your constructed deck and its still one of the best decks of the brawl. Shitty brawl imo

This week's brawl is pretty fun. Pick a class, then discover a class on turn one, and your deck is a random mix of both classes.

I did some work with Druid + Paladin yesterday.

a106a4494e.jpg

This week's tavern brawl seems like quite the variance party. 

I feel like there's a lot of potential for blow-out starts and also more than a few meh legendaries. Highlights for me include getting pretty wrecked by Cairne+Rivendare, and lucking into a t3 coin > offensive play x2 > Paletress x2

I got a hand of 3 Lotheb, and the on turn two the spell that reduces cost by 3. Oops.

Double reduce spell into turn 2 Onyxia into instant concede.

And like that I'm done with another shitty tavern brawl.

I'm done with the Brawl too, unless I have to pick up some shitty quest. I played 3x King Mukla on one mana, and still had mana leftover. How is that fun for anyone?

Honestly they should just stick to the character vs character/players vs character and "your deck is made up of discovered cards/fully random cards with a quirky rule type of brawls since they actually provide interesting gameplay. Ones like this where everything is decided in the first couple turns are just dire and happen all too often.

Hated this Brawl.

I constantly got shit like the Vakyrie twins, Mimiron's Head, Nat Pagle, Dark Nat Pagle, and Lorewalker Cho. All of my opponents got shit like Thaurissan, Dr. Boom, Ragnaros, Onyxia, etc.

Went 0-7 before finally getting something I could work with. Very frustrating Brawl.

It's w/e they use brawls to test mechanics for upcoming sets anyway.  I won't complain about my free pack and fast way to complete quests

Had Cho and Soggoth. Figured I just see how far I could go with the two. Mulled and got two more Cho's. The poor man never got to play more than a few minions as I clogged his hand full of Offensive Plays while I still had a life tap, lol.

THE BEST BRAWL IS BACK BOYS!!!

Start with 10 mana.

Went 6-0 with Dragon Hunter during my lunchbreak.  Call of the Wild is bonkers.  Ancient Harbringer is legit.  Finally validation for not disenchanting King Krush.

This brawl is so funny. Pay2win, and so easy to counter meta. And ppl are so bad day 1. Ppl playing Deathwing? lol, really? You wanna drop your entire hand for a guy I have 3 answers in hand, sure, go for it.

I built mage to complete dailys thinking it would not be good and went 8-0 in 5 minutes. Games over in 2 turns

wanna drop a big guy?, mirror entity. Mind control?, here take a spell bender. The deck bends priest over so hard, its so funny

Got the special turn 1 rag, turn 2 faceless + echo of mediv. There's a concede

I felt so bad some games. New guy clearly has no cards and drops a turn 1 force tank max. Probably all excited about that force tank. I faceless + BGH, poor guy instaconcedes, prob quit HS

I'll be honest, as fun and hilarious as this brawl is, its a poorly designed brawl. Brawl should be a format to help new players and provide an alt format for casuals. It should not be a "p2w stomp your shit make you quit the game" format

Definitely agree with the counter meta.  This one and "pick 2" are the most active meta's I've seen.

I actually really like this brawl and others that change the rules but still require you to build a deck and aren't just total RNG fests.  That's what the brawls are about to me.  Exploring how the game would be played if the rules were different.  Like the Yu-Gi-Oh! brawl or the brawl where heroes had taunt.  You get a break from the Shaman grind and get to play something fresh that's also competitive.

Borax had 90+ wins last time this brawl was up with Murloc Druid so it doesn't have to be p2w you just have to be a good deckbuilder.

10-0 with Yogg/Lock and Load Hunter.  Close to the standard list but I swapped out powershots for misdirection.  Freezing Trap is hard removal in a lot of cases and turn 1 Call is amazing.

OK, I have things to say.  First off, it took me forever to find this thread because it was in its own subforum.

Second, fuck your P2Win mindset, have some personal accountability.

Third, Murloc Druid is really powerful.  The games in this brawl are very short turn wise, so deck building and mulligans are the most important things to consider.

I have been playing Murloc Druid and Aggro Mage thus far and really like both of them.  I recently had three turn 2 kills with murlocs druid in a row, 2 of them going second.

Also, I'm at 47 wins already, I need some self-control.

Screen Shot 2016-06-15 at 11.30.37 PM.png

Screen Shot 2016-06-16 at 12.15.48 AM.png

Screen Shot 2016-06-16 at 12.20.34 AM.png

Screen Shot 2016-06-16 at 12.25.03 AM.png

8d49856ebb.png

Yeah this brawl is fun and interactive