Paraliel

Tavern Brawl Discussion

42 posts in this topic

I really like this Brawl. I've played a handful of different decks starting with mindless big minion, cheap removal warrior to more fun things like hobgoblin zoo.

It felt good to brush off the ol' Dr. Boom for this Brawl. Ah yep.

The Priest mirror match in this brawl is fun.

Half big minions, half big minion removal/stealing.

OK, I got to 100 wins.  I think I might be done with this brawl.

I lost every game this Brawl when I played vs Priest. Mind Control too strong.

I have yet to see Mind Control although some of my friends have played it; I have not had a problem with priest so far but Paladin using the double ATK spell on a Deathwing is a bit strong. (the deathrattle one..... eugh) I have had the most success with midrange/control Mage running 4 wipes. This brawl is really fun. :)

8 hours ago, brighteyes said:

I lost every game this Brawl when I played vs Priest. Mind Control too strong.

Then play mage and win 95% vs priest.

Got to cast Yogg 4 times in a game today.  First one got duplicated, third one played echo of medivh.  Managed to not deck myself

I think this deck is almost certainly much better.

Hearthstone Screenshot 06-18-16 22.20.10.png

because im f2p on NA, i played windfury shaman with 2 windspeakers, 2 novice, 2 windfuries, 2 stranglethorn tigers and 2 reckless rockeeteers. worked insanely well

Was too preoccupied to remember the brawl until the last 2 hours.

Thanks Borax! Adapted your Mrggl Druid to Pally. Divine Favor, Mrggl Knight, Anyfin and Mukla's Champion were hilarious while it lasted.

This is my favorite Brawl since "You must be this tall" I only got around 60 wins, but it was much more fun than ladder. Plus, any excuse to play around with DOOM! is fun.

In case anybody is in need of an easy pack, the current Tavern Brawl works like this:

• You draw cards, in order of their mana cost
  • You draw 1-costs on T1, 2-costs on T2, etc.
  • If you have multiple cards at the same cost, one of them is drawn at random
  • If you have no cards at the mana slot (or have passed T10), you draw a random card

Basically, go to town with N'Zoth Secret Paladin.

• 11 secrets
  • 2x Minibot
  • 2x Muster
  • 2x Shredder
  • 2x Belcher
  • 2x Challenger
  • 1x Boom
  • 1x Tirion
  • 6x [random 9 drop]
  • 1x N'Zoth

You'll draw 1 secret on T1, meaning your Challengers pull 2 times 5 secrets; aside from that, it's a goddamn nasty curve.

Yeah secret paladin was pretty auto for this one, it was the go-to for the last time they did this brawl.  I played fewer secrets (8 or so), one challenger, and one 9-drop (north sea kraken) and played some extra 2/3/4/5 drops (juggler, argent horserider, truesilver champion, loatheb) for more flexibility in the first few turns which is most important.  If you have the board going into turn 6 you're gonna win anyway unless your opponent is a priest who uses lightbomb instead of/alongside entomb

21 hours ago, Shark Toilet said:

In case anybody is in need of an easy pack, the current Tavern Brawl works like this:

• You draw cards, in order of their mana cost
  • You draw 1-costs on T1, 2-costs on T2, etc.
  • If you have multiple cards at the same cost, one of them is drawn at random
  • If you have no cards at the mana slot (or have passed T10), you draw a random card

Basically, go to town with N'Zoth Secret Paladin.

• 11 secrets
  • 2x Minibot
  • 2x Muster
  • 2x Shredder
  • 2x Belcher
  • 2x Challenger
  • 1x Boom
  • 1x Tirion
  • 6x [random 9 drop]
  • 1x N'Zoth

You'll draw 1 secret on T1, meaning your Challengers pull 2 times 5 secrets; aside from that, it's a goddamn nasty curve.

That deck is not optimized

I'm playing vs 80% astral (not sure if its bc of MMR) which is : turn 1 murgleton, 2 doomsayer, 3 acolyte, 4 astral

I dont see too much of a benefit of playing nzoth because I havent played a game that went past 8 yet, but belcher is great and shredder seems fine so I guess its ok

playing 9 drops is stupid. your redundant cards should be 0s and 1s and challenger that you mulligan for. Target dummy and humility are auto picks for the meta

minibot dies to doomsayer. so either crazed alchemist at 2 or owl at 3 seem better choices. Owl counters acolyte (whereas muster feeds the living shit out of it) so owl at 3 seems way better than muster and alchemist is prob better than minibot

the concept of playing 11 secrets makes sense since there is high chance of drawing 1 turn 1 and getting 10 secrets with the 2 challengers is best... but eye for an eye and sacred trial are trash cards so I run 10 secrets

Heres my list

• 2 target dummy
  • 10 secrets
  • 2 humility
  • 2 divine strength
  • 2 chow
  • 2 goldshire footman
  • 2x crazed alchemist
  • 1x owl
  • 1x Shredder
  • 1x Belcher
  • 2x Challenger
  • 1x Boom
  • 1x Tirion
  • 1x N'Zoth

Not sure if the 1 drops can be better optimized

I tried tinyfins, but murgleton just eats them so thats why i think goldshire might be better

This is how it should play out with my secret pally vs astral

Going first

• secret/goldshire, them murg
  • whatever (secret/ divine strenght/ hero power) them doomsayer
  • owl on doomsayer (or alchemist if you dont have a minion) them acolyte
  • alchemist on acolyte (or owl if you played alchemist), kill/silence acolyte,  they astral, you should be in good shape with shredder, belcher and the challenger usually wins the game turn 7

Going second

• they murg, you 1 drop
  • they doom, you alch it
  • they acolyte, you owl it
  • they astral, you should generally win, esp if you opened challenger and get to MC on 5 and 6