Sign in to follow this  
Conspire

EU prelims top players decklists

Conspire    2391

http://www.hearthpwn.com/news/1459-notable-player-decks-for-the-europe-spring

So blizzard has decided to make available the decklists for all competitors of the Spring Prelims.  Hearthpwn has published the lists of 31 of the top players and they are available through the link above.

Obviously some tournament lists will be different than optimal ladder lists but this is a pretty good resource if you're looking for some optimal builds of various strategies.

• Upvote 2

Ammit    5159

the only hunter list is from two biers, wouldn't use it on ladder because it's too slow vs zoo and probably aggro shaman, but it seems super great vs other midrange decks and control decks which is fine for tournaments where you can ban out shaman or warlock.

».ben.    7438

Hunter is in a weird place right now. I haven't really liked any of the builds I've tried. 

Ammit    5159

i have a version that has a decent aggro match up because juggler unleash is even better vs zoo currently and still does work against shaman. also the new 3/3 and call do work against control. it definitely isn't at its peak right now though either i'm still trying to refine it fully. i think the most interesting thing from the lists is how many people are running that midrange warrior list i believe xixo piloted to legend right before the new set, updated for standard. i remember seeing it pop up at dreamhack last weekend.

Conspire    2391

Hunter throws out a stream of threats 1 at a time.  If you curve out you'll dominate control decks because your constant threats also have good deathrattles.  You can beat midrange for the same reason.  However you lack draw so your hands are going to be inconsistent.  Most games feel like you're just waiting for turn 8 to slam Call of the Wild down.  If you can use the Highmane/2 minion turn 7/Call of the Wild sequence of turns you can swing boards and have lethal pressure going into turn 9.

But yeah the better decks have already beaten you by that point.

Hunter can make sense in a tournament scenario if you're looking to pick off specific decks.  He's running Flare so I think he's hoping to pick up some wins against Freeze Mage with that deck.  It's also not bad vs the midrange shamans if you hit a decent curve.

».ben.    7438

Yeah that tempo warrior showed up a lot at star series too. 

Ammit    5159

flare also potentially hits concealed auctioneer in addition to the double deadly shot

I wrote a quick script to average all the decklists of a similar type together to better see how standard certain cards are in a given archetype. I couldn't figure out how to do spoiler tags on the new board, so I threw it on a pastebin here: http://pastebin.com/cazEC4UX

Not sure if anybody else will find this useful, but I figured I might as well post it.