buckwheatloaf    204

chaofeng can search luster so lv4s+gofu can work okay together provided you have a metalfoe to pop the chaofeng with. yeah its not  that much less situational than tzolkin but its kinda neat.

Nate1080    1225

So, with the release of ABC around the corner, how should we change up this deck to combat them?

I don't think we should main Jowgen anymore. ABC is expected to be more popular than Blue-Eyes, ABC has actual ways to deal with Jowgen since 1300 DEF is small and you're not always going to have Kirin for back up, also Jowgen gets worse vs ABC past turn 1 (doesn't seem really good going second vs ABC), especially if they already have a face-up ABC fusion on board.

What should we be playing in its place until INOV? Qli engine? Yang Zing? I have no clue honestly.

buckwheatloaf    204

u can main sloths/ghost ogre/or mst. these are prolly ur best bets. but the ocg has basically defaulted to maining nothing for them other than mst, sloths and gosr both being out of fashion due to decks like kozmos and darklords.

AlMacuby    96
4 minutes ago, Nate1080 said:

So, with the release of ABC around the corner, how should we change up this deck to combat them?

I don't think we should main Jowgen anymore. ABC is expected to be more popular than Blue-Eyes, ABC has actual ways to deal with Jowgen since 1300 DEF is small and you're not always going to have Kirin for back up, also Jowgen gets worse vs ABC past turn 1 (doesn't seem really good going second vs ABC), especially if they already have a face-up ABC fusion on board.

What should we be playing in its place until INOV? Qli engine? Yang Zing? I have no clue honestly.

Don't play this deck until INOV. This may sound like a dumb answer that probably even deserves negative rep, but it's the truth.

If ABC vs Metalfoes is going to be the biggest part of the format post INOV, you should include multiple copies of MST or Cyclone in your main deck because it operates both as a Trap and allows you to even play the game going 2nd. Alternative choices like Eccentrick aren't reliable enough with Anti-Spell, opposing MSTs and Dragon Buster in the format.

• Upvote 4

Blacklisted    1330

I don't 100% agree with that. While ABC does power creep Metalfoes, its still a solid contender against the rest of the field. Especiall with ABC wiping out a lot of the Blue Eyes players. I suppose you can just tailor your main/side to deal with ABC.

Maindecking Sticky String probably isn't too awful as it deals with people who choose not to tag out ABC immeidately.

Main decking 4 solemns makes it easier as well.

I think going first against ABC is fine, you can establish a board to deal with their set up.

Going second, you have System Down amongst cards and even Chaos Hunter. If you summon Chaos Hunter in response to Tsukuyomi, you've stopped them long enough and probably can just kill them or set up your own board the turn after

• Upvote 1

»victor    6400

Gendo the Ascetic Monk negates Dragon Buster.

It lets you out "protected" monsters with Kirin, Orichalc, and so on.

It being WATER means that you can play it with Jigabyte and Majespecters.

• Upvote 2

I'd say main decking Ghost Ogre is the way to go as well. ABC lives and dies by the field spell, and if you Ghost Ogre the field spell when they try to add a monster you put yourself so far ahead of your opponent. And of course Ghost Ogre is very solid vs the mirror, Blue-Eyes and D/D/D which will be relevant soon, although it's mediocre if not outright awful vs BA so I can see an argument in not maining it.

Edit: Didn't realize you couldn't Ghost Ogre the field spell, my bad. That's what I get for not playtesting lol. But Ogre is still very good regardless vs the deck and other matchups so it's still worth consideration.

Edited by President Evil

Squiddy    9172

u cant ghost ogre the add tho, it happens on the resolution of the initial activation of hangar at witch its not a "alredy face up on field eff" 

u can do it on the equip or on dragon buster tho, but not being to do it on the add kinda makes it a lot worse :(

tbh i think metalfoes are the bettar deck after inov drops... without exciton and duster abc are missing to much. 2 maxx c, etc. mainly exciton that shit risolves every other game in the ocg, its like the decks powar play... also theres no super poly which is game like 99% of the time vs foes

mwnhydropump19    169

With the upcoming set coming out soon, is there anyway to make this deck more fusion based? Reason I am saying this is because I think the new fusions are great. I know the ocg used the new support which pulled off more consistent fusion summons, but they did not really focus the deck around fusion summons.

Blacklisted    1330

I feel like Pre-INOV and maybe after, Gendo the ASetic Monk is probably gonna be needed to take on ABC.

»victor    6400

The other anti-ABC thing this deck can do pre-INOV is popping Chaofeng for Cherries, GoSR, Cycle Reader, etc.

And don't forget popping Resonance Insect lets you search Kaijus.

• Upvote 1

buckwheatloaf    204

i  think eccentrick is really amazing cuz it gets u the extra pendulum monster to fuse a mythriel with ease, and it lets u search bismagia which u can pop to set ur quickplay. plus it puts combination to the grave for mythriel which u can recycle to extend plays (its a free extra metalfoe effect if u had opened with painful). it does so much.  and i like mythiel going 1st i think cuz it cant be kaijewd like alkahest.

so im def gonna try the armas instead of the qlis so i can have 7 ways of starting with eccentrick (3 arma+rota+heiress+2 eccentrick) when i go first. and if i do that i can probably just use 1 bismagia rather than the more common 2.

knives1990    262

New to the deck and haven't delved much into the new cards (btw doesn't this set drop this weekend? Let's not talk about pre INOV anymore?) the new support looks amazing. I'm wondering what you mean tho buckwheat about the plays involving eccentrick and mithriel somehow searching the new main deck monster

The sneak peek is this weekend, but the official release of INOV is next week. The play he is talking about is using any Metalfoes effect in your scale to set Combination from your deck, then play Eccentrick in your other scale and use its effect to destroy the Combination you just set to get its effect to search any Metalfoes monster from your deck to your hand. (including the new card Raremetalfoes Bismugear) This gets a Metalfoes card in your graveyard as part of the requirement to fulfill Mithrilium's effect to shuffle two Metalfoes cards from your graveyard to your deck, the other card being the fusion card you used to summon Mithrilium.

Axle    1217
17 minutes ago, knives1990 said:

New to the deck and haven't delved much into the new cards (btw doesn't this set drop this weekend? Let's not talk about pre INOV anymore?) the new support looks amazing. I'm wondering what you mean tho buckwheat about the plays involving eccentrick and mithriel somehow searching the new main deck monster

Pre-INOV is very important on this site because there is a YCS event  before INOV releases. The event is in Liverpool, UK. There are some players here that are participating in it. 

There are also some regionals I guess. 

Nate1080    1225
On 10/23/2016 at 2:52 PM, buckwheatloaf said:

so im def gonna try the armas instead of the qlis so i can have 7 ways of starting with eccentrick (3 arma+rota+heiress+2 eccentrick) when i go first. and if i do that i can probably just use 1 bismagia rather than the more common 2.

After fishbowling and playing some games this weekend with the new support, I think any less than 3 Bismugear isn't correct.

You want as many opportunities to summon a Fusion turn 1 as possible, less than 3 just decreases that chance. I always want a Metalfoe monster in hand, not being able to be Pendulum summoned is hardly a concern for me. Also additional opportunities to RotA is also just too good.

Also, unrelated but worth mentioning, I think the TCG trend of 3 Counter is wrong, especially going forward. For as powerful as it can be, it's blank most of the time. Your shit either gets bounced, banished, tributed or stolen (Alkahest) before anything is destroyed on the opponent's turn. Also, opening Counter(s) sucks, main reason why I think less than 3 copies is optimal.

Blacklisted    1330

I'm probably playing the deck wrong, but not being able to psummon Bis is actually just the biggest turn off.

Candela    546

On 10/20/2016 at 0:49 AM, victor said:

Gendo the Ascetic Monk negates Dragon Buster.

It lets you out "protected" monsters with Kirin, Orichalc, and so on.

It being WATER means that you can play it with Jigabyte and Majespecters.

what would you say gendo brings to the table over Kaiju? 

Blacklisted    1330

Gendo isn't a -1

Can make rank 4 with it

Can turn it off when you no longer need it

Gabe3Vino    77
16 hours ago, Nate1080 said:

After fishbowling and playing some games this weekend with the new support, I think any less than 3 Bismugear isn't correct.

You want as many opportunities to summon a Fusion turn 1 as possible, less than 3 just decreases that chance. I always want a Metalfoe monster in hand, not being able to be Pendulum summoned is hardly a concern for me. Also additional opportunities to RotA is also just too good.

Also, unrelated but worth mentioning, I think the TCG trend of 3 Counter is wrong, especially going forward. For as powerful as it can be, it's blank most of the time. Your shit either gets bounced, banished, tributed or stolen (Alkahest) before anything is destroyed on the opponent's turn. Also, opening Counter(s) sucks, main reason why I think less than 3 copies is optimal.

Combination is definitely the better trap card now that we have a quickplay fusion spell, but Counter is still very strong.

Previously this deck was hugely reliant on control and beatdown; those avenues to win are still open and in some ways supplemented by the newer cards, but I foresee the strongest build of this deck being able to use these new cards to consistently combo out into game damage, with the flexibility to create recursive boards.

Mithrilum and Combination have very powerful recycling effects, that combined with Fullmetalfoes Fusion lack of a OTP-clause, seems really degenerate. In my mind, though terribly reductive and simple, this deck is now the Shaddoll deck to ABC's Satellars.

• Upvote 1

»victor    6400
11 hours ago, Candela said:

what would you say gendo brings to the table over Kaiju? 

11 hours ago, Blacklisted said:

Gendo isn't a -1

Can make rank 4 with it

Can turn it off when you no longer need it

Another advantage is it affects more than one monster.

For instance, Heroes will have a field of Treetoad (Bahamut) and Dark Law, and this blanks both.

You can Normal Summon this under Vanity's (keep in mind that Treetoad will negate and take SoCL and BoE, so those are weaker outs post INOV).

Treetoad can retrieve itself so Bahamut brings it back if you don't get rid of it. So Kaiju may not be enough.

We don't have Nyarla / Azzathoth to blank monster effects like OCG.

• Upvote 1

knives1990    262

It does have disadvantages to it though, for instance it would not stop dark laws continuous effect of macro cosmos, and treatoad in defense also gets around it. Still, it's not a bad card. 

BKI    18
4 hours ago, knives1990 said:

It does have disadvantages to it though, for instance it would not stop dark laws continuous effect of macro cosmos, and treatoad in defense also gets around it. Still, it's not a bad card. 

While you are right about Dark Law's Macrocosmos effect a def pos. Toadally Awesome has 0 DEF and even Gendo has 300 ATK so he (every monster with more than 0 ATK that doesn't use an effect) can kill it at the cost of your battle phase.

buckwheatloaf    204

kaijus have power creeped all the cool monsters for breaking fields like dragolich and al-lumi'raj :(