Mr Dragon    312

Barrage also lets you use Coach Captain Bearman in the same turn without using your Pendulum Summon. So it's better than Drancia + one draw - it's Drancia + three draws. 

knives1990    262

Does anyone play pure metalfoes for any reason? I'm playing pure and have began using 3 counter. Everyone I talk to tells me I'm an idiot but Im really not seeing the disadvantages. It's working well, and the thought process behind it seems sound

+Gojira    1706
23 minutes ago, knives1990 said:

Does anyone play pure metalfoes for any reason? I'm playing pure and have began using 3 counter. Everyone I talk to tells me I'm an idiot but Im really not seeing the disadvantages. It's working well, and the thought process behind it seems sound

Counter is horrible in your opening hand. There's no reason to run 3

• Downvote 1

knives1990    262

I'd argue it's the best one to draw. And don't people play over 40 to try minimizing drawing foes spell/traps?

+Gojira    1706
18 minutes ago, knives1990 said:

I'd argue it's the best one to draw. And don't people play over 40 to try minimizing drawing foes spell/traps?

You should not play over 40 for that reason. If you don't want to draw the card, don't run it.

1 hour ago, knives1990 said:

3/5 of the Metalfoe lists in top 16 of Springfield (Granted, none of them were pure) this past weekend was a triple Counter list, so I'm not sure why people would be calling you an idiot for it. Multiple counters set is a really strong setup against everything in the meta right now, the Kaiju Zoo deck has a huge problem dealing with even simple boards like Mithrilium + Counter, or random dorks and double Counter set. Having multiple Counter makes trying to fight over scales with Drident impossible because of the graveyard effect, and Counter makes it impossible to OTK you. I know Nick was saying after the event he would often forego fusing turn 1 just to have another Counter set. 

• Upvote 2

knives1990    262

See that's what I've been finding, many times I sit there and think "counter is just better here" when making my initial moves, and instead of fusing just leave some dudes up with a counter or two to make sure my next turn is a lot stronger. Like I know enough to believe my own thoughts more than going with a majority opinion, I was kind of just curious to see if I was way off tho because all of my friends are telling me it's a bad idea

There's really no reason not to run Zoodiacs in here, the only thing it makes you weaker to is Maxx C. But it's semi-limited, and you much more ways to summon Rat on your field than the number of Maxx C's your opponent can run. Zoodiacs help increase consistency plus lets you play around Barrier and Strike better than pure Metalfoes can and increases this decks ceiling by quite a bit.

knives1990    262

While I acknowledge the zoo variant is "better" overall, I'm not forking over the cash to build it so I am playing pure until the banlist. Then I will decide what to invest in. The only events I plan on going to is a regional in April to try for my invite as I've not played in an event since the tournament report I did with star seraph nekroz like 1.5 years ago

Edited by knives1990

Carter Wix    4

Counter is actually just one of the most important cards if you are playing zoo metalfoe

• Upvote 1

tupadre945    180
On 2/18/2017 at 8:34 PM, Carter Wix said:

Counter is actually just one of the most important cards if you are playing zoo metalfoe

your not wrong, the primary  issue with deck building for this deck is people fail to forget that its just a metalfoe deck that happens to have zoo incase you draw it, its not the main focus of your standard vanilla beatdown /mythrillium turbo

»victor    6400

So one thing that people have realized in finding ways to shut down Zoodiacs is to lock them down facedown.

If you Floodgate Trap Hole or Quaking Mirror Force, they can't really recycle or use Ratpier anymore.

It's the next level, after playing Artifact Sanctum and DBarriers, sure you can lock them for a turn, but why not take them out of the game completely?

So if you play a deck like Metalfoes that can OTK a 0 DEF monster via Orichalc, you have a maindeck alternative win condition against the Tier 0 deck, and you're not really losing anything by playing Quaking or Floodgate Trap Holes, which are good cards, that don't destroy vs MBAAS.

I mean you flip the game on its head, because you don't care about advantage, when Orichalc + Gold/Silver is game. And that's a Fusion Summon, no need to Pend or XYZ.

And for a deck that play and Pendulum Summon Traptrix, both Myrmeleo and Rafflesia, or e.g. play Rescue Rabbit, Box of Friends and so on, why wouldn't you?

This is really gimmicky, but you can XYZ Encore, and bring out 0 DEF monsters to double pierce...

If you worry about Twin Twisters vs Quaking or Floodgate Trap Hole, it's not hard to play Abyss Actor Spells or Artifacts.

And Pendulum Impenetrable lets you play through Drident fields, and Foolish Burial Goods doubles as Upstart Goblin with MF, which is good since folks may not going to play Desires with Ratpier.

buckwheatloaf    204

anyone wanna play master peace metalfoes with me.. im looking for a friend //////

»Satchmo    3220
On 4/28/2017 at 4:11 AM, buckwheatloaf said:

anyone wanna play master peace metalfoes with me.. im looking for a friend //////

smfh, shoulda signed up for warring

Nate1080    1225

Damn, its been a while since this thread has had a post.

I’ll preface this by saying that this deck isn’t that good anymore (obviously, but not necessarily for the reasons you think), you can still make decent boards but you have to work for them and if they get broken you usually just lose. This deck has changed completely, its almost brand new. The only reason why I’m still playing this deck is because its the only deck I have right now and I’m just playing shit until the next banlist shows up. Believe it or not, I made this pile of cards work.

This is the list I’m working with for now:

15 Metalfoes

2 Archfiend Eccentrick

3 Baobaboon

3 Gofu

2 Ghost Ogre (I don’t own Ash)

1 Rabbit

1 Maxx C

1 Luster Pendulum

3 Desires

3 Painful

1 Raigeki

1 Metalfoes Fusion

1 Fullmetalfoes Fusion

2 Counter

1 Combination

3 Link Spider

2 Decode Talker

2 Proxy Dragon

1 Ib, World Chalice Priestess

2 Mithrilium

1 Alkahest

1 Orichalc

1 Utopia

1 Utopia Lightning

1 Ignister

I went into the deck thinking that you still want to mainly Fusion summon, with the Links just adding more zones to the board to facilitate that, then I realized that the best Metalfoe s/t is Counter and your best monsters are Links. You almost always want to set Counter, even over Fusion. Counter allows you to get around the fact that you only have 2, sometimes 3, zones maximum to summon Pendulums back from the extra to make plays and save you from getting completely washed up by the opponent, also its an important part of the best field this deck can make (Decode in the EMZ, Proxy Dragon directly below it, 2 Metalfoes being pointed to by both Proxy Dragon and Decode. Made possible by a hand of Gofu and 4 Metalfoes monsters, unless you have 2 Volflame). That being said, you never want to draw/open it because you need to make a board, hence only playing 2 copies and Baobaboon to fix your hands.

You do still want to fuse, mainly for Mithrillium, but it isn’t as solid as Decode and Proxy Dragon set ups.

Unlike before, your goal isn’t to fill up the extra with Pendulums, set everything, and pend for 5. The Link mechanics destroy that playstyle, literally turning the advantage of being Pendulums that Metalfoes once had into a disadvantage (made even worse by being mostly normal monsters). 5 Pendulums in hand is still okay, you just play it very differently now; Pendulum summoning Metalfoes from hand is actually more viable now, and might be required to make some plays.

Before someone mentions it, you don’t have room for the Zoo Xyzs, that’s why there’s no Zoos here.

Some example hands/plays that you want to go for in this deck that I can think off of the top of my head (assuming you’re going first):

Gofu + 4 Metalfoes (As long as you don’t have more than 1 Volflame/Bismugear in hand, and have a 1-8 scale, this is possible*)

1) SS Gofu and SS the two tokens anywhere on your board.

2) Link into Spider using a token. Making sure the zone right below the EMZ is clear.

3) SS a low level Metalfoes normal from hand using Spider’s effect.

4) normal summon a Metalfoe, make Proxy Dragon into the zone below Spider, using the SS’d metalfoe and the Normal summond Metalfoe.

5) Link into a 2nd Spider using the 2nd Gofu Token. Make Decode using Gofu and the 2 Spiders. Decode should be in the EMZ.

6) Make a Pendulum scale, and Pend back the 2 Metalfoe monsters. Both Proxy and Decode should be pointing to both.

7) Pop a scale to set Counter and pass.

This saves you from field wipes assuming no Kaijus, and allows you to have multiple negates, saves from destruction and plays to make next turn. Theres multiple ways to play that hand, some of them involve Ib, but the above is one of the best ways to play that hand from what I’ve found. Another option is you could fuse into Mithrillium and hope to draw into a way to set Counter using Metalfoes Fusion draw effect, Alkahest is also an okay option though not the best.

1 Baobaboon + 4 Metalfoes

1) normal Baobaboon, draw if you wish.

2) activate a scale, pop Baobaboon, set Counter, SS two more Baobaboon from your deck, draw if you wish.

3) activate other scale, Pendulum for two. Use a Metalfoe to make Link Spider.

4) use any 2 Monsters not named Link Spider to make Proxy Dragon, making sure its pointing to the remaining monster.

5) pop scale to set 2nd Counter.

You can also make Decode instead of Proxy Dragon if you choose as well. While not as good as the Gofu play, its not as restrictive in that you can make a play with any Metalfoe combination as long as you have a 1-8 scale. If you have 2 or more Bismugear, you just make Decode instead of Link Spider/Proxy Dragon and still make an okay set up.

Of course if you have Rescue Rabbit in any of these hands, its bonkers. In the 2 hand, you can actually make the same exact board as the first hand if one of your Metalfoes was Rabbit.

If you were paying attention and have at least a working knowledge of Metalfoes/Pendulums, you would quickly notice that almost half of your hand goes to just making scales, which means you only have 3 cards to make an actual board with at best and very limited space to make those cards to work in, which iirc is less cards to work with than any other deck right now. I’m pointing this out because its both the main reason why I don’t think this deck is good anymore and why I’m still amazed this deck can even make decent boards while neutered by game mechanics. This deck is actually a bit harder to play now, while still making decent boards.

The reason why I even posted in this topic right now, showed my build and these hands, is to also demonstrate that even Metalfoes are still playable under the new mechanics, albeit at the local/low tier level atm imo. As well as to show what this deck’s goals are now, under Link Mechanics, if someone chooses to play this deck for whatever reason. Also, that if this deck somehow gets support that would revive it in the current (or future) era, this post could serve as a decent launching pad moving forward. And, lastly, in hopes someone actually gets an idea of how to make this deck more competitive (if possible) right now.

Yugi is stale atm, there needs to be more possibly viable decks to play.

Hopefully the Link Vrains booster pack can give this deck support and revive it.

• Upvote 1

»victor    6400

^ I think if you are playing Metalfoes now, the Instant Fusion combo for Panzer Dragon + Metalfoe to pop it, to get the search off Combination is pretty neat.

That makes Instant Fusion a Metalfoe search.

Scapegoat is also pretty significant as you can pop it and use it for Missus Radiant and Alkahest right?

• Upvote 1

BKI    18
On 13.9.2017 at 7:35 AM, victor said:

^ I think if you are playing Metalfoes now, the Instant Fusion combo for Panzer Dragon + Metalfoe to pop it, to get the search off Combination is pretty neat.

Scapegoat is also pretty significant as you can pop it and use it for Missus Radiant and Alkahest right?

Due to Scapegoat's text I don't think it is worthwhile at least not the way I believe you mean it.

Scenario 1 (your scenario?)

Your turn:

Scapegoat has been set the turn before (as slow as a trap) and you have a MF scale

1 activate MF scale on Scapegoat

2 activate Scapegoat

3 resolve Scapegoat: 4 tokens and you can't summon for the rest of the turn.

4 resolve MF scale

Your turn is probably over because you can't summon any monsters.

Scenario 2

Opponent's turn

Scapegoat has been set on your turn

a) activate Scapegoat in the battlephase to block attacks

b) activate Scapegoat in the end phase to get 4 tokens

Your turn

Turn 2 tokens into Missus Radiant

Pop the other 2 for searches or use them for a fusion summon.

Nate1080    1225
On 9/13/2017 at 1:35 AM, victor said:

I did the whole Panzer + Instant thing last year, its not bad at all but it was way better back then than it is now because stacking Metalfoes in the extra was way better. I’d rather use Instant Fusion as a way to create links, rather than Combination combos, though Combination combos would still be a good use when needed.

That is of course assuming you can really fit anything else in the extra. There’s probably 2, maybe 3 tops, cards you can drop in the extra for Instant targets and some of those cards are kind of important when they do come up.

If Scapegoat wasn’t slow and restrictive, I’d play 3 here. It would almost always be a blank card. Also, I’d probably play Missus Radiant anyways by the way, Link Spider is Earth after all, it wouldn’t be too hard to set up.

Also, in testing, Alkahest, while still really good, isn’t that important anymore, you get way more mileage by leaving Mithrillium on the board, especially if you have Decode/Proxy on board, which is the reason why I say that Counter is the best Metalfoe s/t and should always be your go to s/t above all.

Nate1080    1225
4 hours ago, BKI said:

Due to Scapegoat's text I don't think it is worthwhile at least not the way I believe you mean it.

Scenario 1 (your scenario?)

Your turn:

Scapegoat has been set the turn before (as slow as a trap) and you have a MF scale

1 activate MF scale on Scapegoat

2 activate Scapegoat

3 resolve Scapegoat: 4 tokens and you can't summon for the rest of the turn.

4 resolve MF scale

Your turn is probably over because you can't summon any monsters.

You have to target a face up card to pop for a Metalfoe scale. 

Nate1080    1225

So Rabbit to 3 really boosted this deck. Now there’s 6 copies of Rabbit (Emerging Emergency Rescute Rescue). It probably still isn’t top teir, but its worth noting.

Warthog    165

Deck has Wavering eyes to play with too, which I would probably use to search one ofs.

Being able to link summon with aid from Rescue Rabbit may be a thing too, with aid from Gofu. 

+Gojira    1706
On 9/18/2017 at 1:12 PM, Nate1080 said:

So Rabbit to 3 really boosted this deck. Now there’s 6 copies of Rabbit (Emerging Emergency Rescute Rescue). It probably still isn’t top teir, but its worth noting.

how do you guarantee being able to activate EERR?

Nate1080    1225

Outside of normal battle or upstart, not sure. After turn 1, activating this card shouldn’t be a problem unless you’re winning.

Also, it should be said that finding space for 3 Rabbit and 3 Rescute, while sticking to 40 cards is hard. Cutting the Eccentricks for Rabbit is easy, cutting 3 more cards for Rescute is hard: you either cut the hand traps or Baobaboon. Baboon fixes brick hands and handtraps actually allow you to play the game on their turn.

»victor    6400
On 9/22/2017 at 10:00 AM, Warthog said:

3 wavering 3 summoner art for Scout for EERR

There's also Brilliant Fusion + Trick Clown in the decks that can play it.

Not saying you would play Brilliant Fusion + Trick Clown in here, but you do have Master Peace and Archfiend Eccentrick as LIGHTs to dump as well.

There's also:

300?cb=20130703155418300?cb=20140120120322

It's pretty searchable, and gets your LP lower first turn.

Not saying, you'd play it here, but just pointing out a card that grave's a DARK first turn, works with Allure, and Crane Crane.

• Upvote 1