416 posts in this topic

The Metalfoes are a set of FIRE Psychic-type monsters that made their debut in The Dark Illusion. It's yet another Pendulum deck, but what sets them apart from the rest of their Pendulum counterparts is that all their main pendulum monsters have the ability to destroy your own face-up cards in exchange for accumulating Metalfoes spells and traps. What might seem like a minus at first eventually snowballs into massive advantage for you. 

MONSTERS

300?cb=20160805082655

300?cb=20160805082745

300?cb=20160805082733

300?cb=20160805082739

FUSIONS 

latest?cb=20160722144717

300?cb=20160805082053
300?cb=20160805082048

SPELLS & TRAPS
300?cb=20160805081437
300?cb=20160805081002
300?cb=20160805081108]

So as we can see right here, their main method of summoning uses the Pendulum and Fusion mechanic at the same time. These blend well together because pendulum monsters used as fusion materials do not go to the grave, so you can put out big beaters while being able to summon a bunch of monsters in one turn. The only non-vanilla monster right now is Orichalc, which is arguably the best one out of the bunch coming out of TDIL with a whopping 2800 and trample ability. It's both threatening on the field and off the field as removing it will guarantee your opponent loses a card. The fusion spell is one of the best in the game as it removes the idea of fusion summoning requring a hard neg to put something meaniful on the board, and instead gives us a self-replacing fusion card that draws when put back to the deck! Counter is amazing for giving yourself a solid line of defense while being able to piece scales together of your choice and Combination allows you to unbrick your hands to complete the scales or grab more cards from the grave once you fuse.

Just from these cards alone, there's not enough to make a good 40-card deck. So for now, what else can we throw in?

OTHER ENGINES/CARDS AND VARIANTS

latest?cb=20150920154354
300?cb=20160805082944

latest?cb=20151002081237

latest?cb=20150920222024

latest?cb=20151105183700

107702_200w.jpg

latest?cb=20130913221407

Clearly not all of these are meant to be thrown in together, but each card has its own benefits. For example, one of the main problems with Yang Zing was its reliance on the opponent to attack to get the engine going. Sky Iris somewhat alleviated that issue, and now the Metalfoes allow the monsters to completely bypass Yang Zing's weakness by getting the player direct access to Jiatou to start comboing. Speedroid Terrortop is a 1-card Rank3 that's fantastic either going first for defense or second for offense OR lv4-7 synchro of the player's choosing. Kirin is arguably one of the most, if not, the most powerful Pendulum monster in the game thanks to its bouncing ability and immunity to destruction and targeting, and Metalfoes has a wide array of scale levels to summon Kirin with ease.

Blackwing - Gofu is the newest addition to the historic Blackwing name, and it does more for the deck than it appears by giving the deck easy access to synchros and free fodder for Metalfoes searching while enabling Ultimaya Tzolkin all at the same time. One of the most recent topics of discussion is the Zombie package. With the release of Shiranui Solitaire, players now have access to one-card Omegas, and more importantly, the ability to loop tuners and counters to keep a near endless stream of monsters to throw at the opponent.

All this being said, some of these cards might not be worth maining due to...

300?cb=20160805081243

..this card right here. Banishing 10 cards to draw 2 is nothing for most decks, but at the same time, banishing certain cards out of the above-mentioned cards will kill off your engine before it even starts.

Earlier, Gofu was mentioned as one of the better cards for the deck. It's extremely powerful in the sense that it enables Metalfoes searches without destroying anything meanful, and at the same time it enables Synchro Summoning without having the deck needing to Pendulum Summon to do something worthwhile. For example, take a look below at what can be done:

In your hand you have the following:

Blackwing - Gofu the Ghastly Shadow
Any Metalfoes monster
Any level 1-4 Metalfoes monster

Special Gofu since you control no monsters and summon two tokens thanks to its ability.
Place any Metalfoes monster in a scale, and use its effect to pop a token and set Metalfoes Fusion from your deck.
Normal summon any level 1-4 Metalfoes monster and play Metalfoes Fusion, using a token and the Metalfoes monster.
Summon Metalfoes Adamante and sync Gofu + Adamante into Tzolkin.

At this point if you have any card you can set or, another Metalfoes monster in your hand, you can place it in the other scale and pop the last token to search Metalfoes Counter. Either method triggers Tzolkin and you get a free lv7-8 Dragon synchro from your Extra deck. I typically go for Crystal Wing cause that card is bonkers. Alternatively, if you have Instant Fusion, you can Instant Fusion for either Adamante or Panzer Dragon and make Tzolkin that way too. There aren't many XYZs in this deck because you can get over most stuff with Kirin and your Fusions/Synchros, as it's generally better to keep your Extra Deck loaded than it is to XYZ. Lightning is there for anything that you can't run over or destroy by using Orihulk.

One of the main advantages of Metalfoes over its Pendulum counterparts is its ability to recover scales. Magicians have this ability with Pendulum Call, but Metalfoes can do this on demand. The deck is also really hard to OTK because of Counter, and being able to wipe a field clean without destroying anything is very difficult to do in mondern Yugioh. Also, it has the ability to do many things without falling victim to traps like most Pendulum decks do, especially the Solemn brigade.

SIDE DECK CARDS COMING SOON:

Sample OCG lists, courtesy of the YGOrg; pre-INOV:

MONSTER CARDS (28):
3 Cyber-Stein
3 Blackwing – Gofu the Hazy Shadow
3 Metalphosis Steeleren
3 Metalphosis Silvbird
3 Metalphosis Goldriver
3 Metalphosis Volflame
3 Archfiend Eccentrick
3 Majespecter Raccoon – Bunbuku
3 Majespecter Unicorn – Kirin
1 Luster Pendulum, the Dracoslayer
SPELL CARDS (6):
2 Painful Decision
3 Pot of Cupidity
1 Metalphosis Fusion

TRAP CARDS (6):
2 Metalphosis Counter
1 Vanity’s Emptiness
1 Metalphosis Combination
1 Solemn Warning
1 Solemn Judgment

EXTRA DECK (15):
1 Metalphosis Adamante
1 The Last Warrior from Another Planet
2 Metalphosis Orihulk
1 Gaia Drake, the Universal Force
1 Naturia Exterio
1 Ultimaya Tzolk’in
1 Metaphys Horus
1 Moonlight Rose Dragon
1 Crystal Wing Synchro Dragon
1 PSY-Framelord Omega
1 Ignister Prominence, the Blasting Dracoslayer
1 Void Ogre Dragon
1 The Phantom Knights of Break Sword
1 Number 11: Big Eye

SIDE-DECK (15):
3 D.D. Crow
3 Maxx “C”
1 Santa Claws
3 Ally of Justice Cycle Reader
1 Harpie’s Feather Duster
3 Mystical Space Typhoon
1 Wavering Eyes

MONSTER CARDS (28):
2 Maxx “C”
3 Cyber-Stein
2 Blackwing – Gofu the Hazy Shadow
3 Metalphosis Steeleren
3 Metalphosis Silvbird
3 Metalphosis Goldriver
3 Metalphosis Volflame
2 Archfiend Eccentrick
3 Majespecter Raccoon – Bunbuku
3 Majespecter Unicorn – Kirin
1 Luster Pendulum, the Dracoslayer
SPELL CARDS (4):
1 Painful Decision
2 Pot of Cupidity
1 Metalphosis Fusion

TRAP CARDS (8):
2 Metalphosis Counter
1 Vanity’s Emptiness
1 Metalphosis Combination
1 Solemn Warning
1 Solemn Judgment
2 Solemn Strike

EXTRA DECK (15):
1 Metalphosis Adamante
1 The Last Warrior from Another Planet
2 Metalphosis Orihulk
1 Gaia Drake, the Universal Force
1 Naturia Exterio
1 Ultimaya Tzolk’in
1 Moonlight Rose Dragon
1 Crystal Wing Synchro Dragon
1 PSY-Framelord Omega
1 Ignister Prominence, the Blasting Dracoslayer
1 Void Ogre Dragon
1 Totem Bird
1 Number 20: Giga-Brilliant
1 The Phantom Knights of Break Sword

SIDE-DECK (15):
2 D.D. Crow
2 Ally of Justice Quarantine
2 Ally of Justice Cycle Reader
2 Guiding Ariadne
1 System Down
1 Harpie’s Feather Duster
3 Cosmic Cyclone
1 Mystical Space Typhoon
1 Wavering Eyes

you should try playing any number of the continuous metalfoe trap, i think it was called combination? i haven't tested the ratios yet but the card combos nicely with archfiend eccentrick/breaksword to fetch more guys or complete your scales. also it can recover some guys that were graved via painful decision or fusion summoning from hand (or getting solemn'd LOL). another interesting thing that they were doing in the ocg was running 3 summoner's arts and teching 1 qliphort scout+1 monolith, essentially letting them search a high scale or a cyber dragon infinity on demand. 

My limited experience with this deck:

Dies to all hand traps

Cannot beat over 3k

Cannot play cupidity

Has an unimaginable amount of bricks 

Relies on having cyber stein to pump more dmg 

Possible i am playing the deck wrong since i have yet to watch a single game from others, i can only see this deck pumps a lot of monsters instantly, and it can make ultimaya. I think i will stop playing stellaris for a day and really learn this deck.

Well, in your opening hand there's 15 cards that can turn into a Metalfoes monster, even more if you play Summoner's Art. I don't see how Maxx really hurts this deck as you can just give them 1 draw with 6 copies of Kirin for them to break through or face an onslaught of fusions/beaters the next turn. I guess Veiler on Ultimaya is pretty brutal though. :(

The problem I see with Scout and Monolith is that if you draw Monolith before Scout, then it becomes awful, and Infinity is only good if backed by a floodgate or a Solemn. It's not going to stop Alternative Dragon from beating over it.

On a somewhat relates note, Chaos MAX is a bitch.

I finally spent some time watching others play this deck, these are what I saw from those games:

- 1st turn cyber stein into Exterio, that one got killed by Siegfried + monster reborn, 2nd turn 2nd cyber stein into Centaurea and won...

- 1st turn pendulum summon the lv7 vanilla and a fucking Jowgen...

- Cyber stein a Last warrior, got killed, 3k direct attack gg

- Solemn on Cards of Resonance, got Twin twister reborn + tuner gg

- Both player used multiple Cupidity, then both players try to deckout opponent when the field is a Unicorn + scales vs beater...

This deck is so fucking fun omg......

What I do like about the deck is that the core of the deck is actually very small, and the Metalfoes cards themselves take up less than half of the deck, meaning there's lots of room for other cards to work with it. For example, Shiranui Sage can potentially poop out two synchros on its own. The Jowgen thing seems nifty too.

ocg is using this :0

300?cb=20080530030400

This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card cannot be Special Summoned except by sending 2 Spell or Trap Cards you control to the Graveyard. You can destroy 1 Spell or Trap Card your opponent controls. If you activate this effect, this card cannot attack during this turn.

i don't get how that's better than eccentrick or mst, or for that matter twin

i think the idea is to send your fusion and trap to the grave so u can draw and search. and u can make rank 5 like durendal with it. the destruction is just a bonus if  u were going 2nd. only 2 decks were using it. also like all of them were either maining or siding jowgens now.

This deck probably needs Summoner's Art just so you can almost guarantee a t1 Metalfoes search, else you're probably just gonna get pooped on if you don't open Kirin or Gofu.

Actually this deck can play cupidity... 

you can't use pendulum monsters but that's fine, you use fusions in this deck instead. and i don't know ocg trends but do decks still play 40 with 3 cupidity?

They were, it's down to 2 now I believe in certain decks.

On 5/25/2016 at 11:32 PM, Sanjura said:

This deck probably needs Summoner's Art just so you can almost guarantee a t1 Metalfoes search, else you're probably just gonna get pooped on if you don't open Kirin or Gofu.

ok so I ran some numbers on 0 vs 3 summoners art, or effectively 15 metalfoes vs 18 (I round up/down alot, so these are approximate, with a maximum of .3% discrepency)

The chance to open 1 metalfoe goes from 91.5% (15) > 94.7% (18), a 3% increase, so you've reached diminishing returns here .So the additional summons art don't make a huge positive difference in 11 rounds.

However, opening 2 Metalfoes goes from 63% (15) to 76% (18), which is a major jump.

As far as opening 1 low scale and 1 high scale (counting the majespecters as low and eccentrick as high) it comes out to 57% without SArt and 68% with it.

I also curious as to why you chose to play Counter over Combination

nvm, it's in the OP

A major flaw I found with this deck (not using it, but playing against it) It loses hard to a Spirit Dragon with protection behind it.  It's very difficult for them to get around the gy negate and the can't special summon more than one monster at a time effect.  Spirit is of course not impossible to get around, but it definitely slows the deck down a great deal.  The one time in recent memory my Spirit was easily dealt with was when my opponent used super poly to drop the 2500 beater using my Spirit.   Most of the players at my local however are playing the majespector build, which does add some versatility to it but it still has a hard time playing around Spirit and White Spirit Dragon banishing their cards. 

I missed any of the earlier versions of the deck but did you test Guding Al;kjfas;kfj i forgot the english name of the card.....The counter trap thing

eccentricks could help for spirit eyes right?

eccentricks can also pop combination to complete your scale, so its kind of like having more metalfoes. u just need one of your normal summons to destroy first.

this pupper

300?cb=20141205155354

can summon this pupper

300?cb=20130712135051

which can summon these doggos

300?cb=20160114195932300?cb=20160408153003

which can make this bigger doggo

300?cb=20160319001230

2169120d428c47ed99c1ad721d0d51da.png

been toying with this, it feels incredibly strong. Abductor is the stones with any metalfoe, since that ussually creates 2 counters and then you just line it up next another spell. We already know Sky Iris pinging cards is strong and I opted for Mirage Dragon since it's level matches Gofu. I might drop to 1 Iris/3 Terraforming to increase the oppurtunity to resolve abductor off just a few cards. I actually still Gofu is needed, there's really no strong plays without it unless you play another tuner, maybe the other blackwing. Jowgen is only bad when you brick or when you literally have no other cards but Crimson Dragon + Jowgen is auto-win. And Jowgen is genuinely decent at any other point in the game, since you can can just discard fusion to nuke their board and flood them, and then pop jowgen to search fusion later.

I haven't messed with Ariadne, but I imagine you could just swap Abductor and Ariadne post side and bring in 4 counter traps going first, since you really never want to go first with this deck unless you open the stones.

EDIT:; I'm retarded, I forgot to play pot of cupidity

i dont really see the point of the sky iris and performapals and abductors. the metalfoes are a consistent enough pendulum engine by themselves,  and its not like u have some power pendulums to search off of abductor. also no ocg lists ever used them.

bunbuku/kirin is used in all ocg lists and most use the ariadne engine as well. those are gonna be popular. the ariadne engine is obviously only something u wanna main if you're choosing to go first tho.

for going second anteatereatingant seems like one of the best cards ever, especially if traps like strikes were being used a lot. its lv 5 for gofu and its also not bad going first. you do need to to play 2 combination to make the most of it, but 1 combination was already pretty standard. its also neat how it helps to fix ur bad hands where u maybe drew ur fusion or combination. 

since you can complete your scales  by triggering combination(s) with anteatereatingant/eccentrick and by playing more pendulums like bunbuku/kirin, you dont need summoners art unless ur using scout/monolith for infinity. it is decent fluff for cupidity tho.

for the extra deck angineer can be good for protecting something when u go first.

also some lists were topping with speedroids cuz  u can make grampulse/totm bird going first and breaksword going second. its good with combination and also terrortop gives u more outs to anti spell which like everyone was siding over there now.

I don't really think just following card for card what OCG does is a good idea, especially not with there major circuits being small locals. But just searching another metalfoe from Abductor to fuse with is pretty strong. I cut Sky Iris'nem for cupidity and a few other cards. I also don't think that going into a field where pendulum decks based around fusion/synchro summon makes Kirin at all that strong, like if I can just fuse every turn or run over it, then Kirin's value isn't that high. Summoners Art pushes the ammount of time you hit the Gofu combo or just fusing in general a lot higher and completing the scale with Kirin doesn't sound appealing at all by comparison. I also ended up adding the Qli stuff, but it's only really filler, since there wasn't anything else good that came to mind.

this may or may not come up but gofu + any lv3 and 2 monster makes nirvana;the extra isn't that tight anyway. anyway this engine is so small that you can just cram good cards in afterwards and call it a day, so I'm not too opposed to solemns and the like making main board presence.

To be honest I like apex avian in this deck

On 5/31/2016 at 6:30 PM, buckwheatloaf said:

*stuff*

Why not just play Rescue Rabbit/Rescue Hamster instead of the Dog and Box of Friends?

9 hours ago, Nate1080 said:

Why not just play Rescue Rabbit/Rescue Hamster instead of the Dog and Box of Friends?

ITS A PUPPER

lot of ocg lists from this week were siding this pupper

300?cb=20160114202219

it can do a lot of little things like attack over a crystal wing or void ogre or titanic or anything like that, and also it makes a synchro mp2. think dragolich if it was a much cuter doggo.