Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Patrick Hoban    6363

This game’s long and illustrious competitive history began in Madison Square Garden with the 2003 Yu-Gi-Oh! World Championship. Since that time hundreds of redoubtable champions have been crowned in the search for glory. Until now this game’s history has been segmented, fractured, and devoid of a cohesive and comprehensive documentation. Today all that changes.

https://champtrade.com/games/yugioh/rank/champrank

It is my esteemed pleasure to introduce to you ChampRank! It is the world’s first database that documents every event to date and uses a points algorithm to rank players based off of their tournament performance. Every player who has ever topped a single premier event is ranked.

Yahir Amat, a brilliant computer programmer, developed the platform for his site ChampTrade. ChampTrade will function similar to eBay by allowing buyers and sellers to meet in a common marketplace, and it is designed exclusively for TCGs.

ChampRank tracks every Shonen Jump Championships (SJC), Yu-Gi-Oh Championship Series (YCS), World Championship Qualifiers (WCQ), Pharaoh Tours (PT), Pharaoh Tour Finals (PTF), Fortune Tours (FT), Fortune Tour Finals (FTF), ARG Circuit Series (ARGCS), and World Championship (WC). The further you make it in top cut, the more points you receive, and different events are weighed differently to create a comprehensive ranking for every player.

CCGs can be added if someone has the info to create a comprehensive list.

This program is still in its developmental stages and as such, there are bound to be some errors. Since it is a computer program, there may be some errors in names from when the tournament was originally documented. For example, one tournament may document “Michael Smith” as making top cut, while another tournament may list “Mike Smith.” While they may be the same person, the computer program won’t be able to distinguish the difference and will record them as two separate people. This is an easy fix and any time it or any other error occurs just bring it to my attention and I’ll ask Yahir to fix it.

I’d like to give a special thanks to Yahir for all his hard work on this program. He’s created something truly great!

This release is a huge milestone for competitive play. It is a prestigious list filled with all the great names in our game’s history. It’s certainly an honor to be a part of such an esteemed list!

  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
»Digbick    7257

" I’d like to give a special thanks to Yahir for all his hard work on this program. He’s created something truly great! "

actually means I like to thank yahir for considering arg as premier event and placing me as number one

  • Upvote 38
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bref    276

Yeah united gosus does litteraly the exact same thing (their list is even a lot better since you can rank by year, continent etc.) without the ARGs (that pretty much nobody but you sees as premier events) so that "esteemed list" is pointless and only seems like a way to boost your own ego tbh.

Like pretty much all of America already consider you to be the best in the world, stop trying so hard.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
NB96    842

Didn't you already make something like this? I think it was www.premier-list.com

Why make yet another, this seems like the same thing, with maybe a handful of extra added functions the old one didn't have

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
»ACP    33416

I've found the algorithm on this Yugioh rankings site to be a lot more accurate:

http://greatestyugiohplayerofalltime.com/

  • Upvote 25
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
»ACP    33416

Also, I feel like we've finally reached the point where Patrick Hoban has become a parody of himself.

  • Upvote 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Patrick Hoban    6363

This is why Duelistgroundz has 11 members on at a time now. You guys can't appreciate anything. 

  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
+Paraliel+    8030
2 minutes ago, Patrick Hoban said:

This is why Duelistgroundz has 11 members on at a time now. You guys can't appreciate anything. 

Actually it's more because of the board update messing up normal functions and fixing it, but sure that's why.

You have people bringing up valid criticism that this is barely different from Gosus or your last website.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
+Paraliel+    8030

Also your numbers are a bit off on members being online, just mentioning.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
»ACP    33416
15 minutes ago, Patrick Hoban said:

This is why Duelistgroundz has 11 members on at a time now. You guys can't appreciate anything. 

Sounds like you should probably just leave. I'm sure that's something that you're more than capable of doing, and I'm certainly sure you don't feel the need to habitually return to this site and remind everyone of how accomplished in this game you are in order to compensate for your lack of accomplishment in the real world coupled with crippling debt and depression. I'm sure we'll all miss your cutting-edge theory and analytics on why you are definitely the best player in the game and be begging for you to come back in no time. Maybe you should start posting on DNF and Pojo more and see how that goes. I'm sure they would be much more responsive to your braggadocio, and I hear they're much more respectful towards the champions of this game like yourself. Given a little effort on your part, they'll probably all abandon their casual ways and embark on a journey to also place top16 in several 150-person tournaments after starting with 2 byes.

  • Upvote 11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Wumbologist    14204

Finally! The website every duelist named Patrick Hoban has been waiting for. 

  • Upvote 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
»Satchmo    3220

@Patrick Hoban so why take the time to manually embed a link that re-directs from our facebooks?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
»Satchmo    3220
On 5/18/2016 at 11:35 PM, Patrick Hoban said:

This game’s long and illustrious competitive history began in Madison Square Garden with the 2003 Yu-Gi-Oh! World Championship. Since that time hundreds of redoubtable champions have been crowned in the search for glory. Until now this game’s history has been segmented, fractured, and devoid of a cohesive and comprehensive documentation. Today all that changes.

https://champtrade.com/games/yugioh/rank/champrank

It is my esteemed pleasure to introduce to you ChampRank! It is the world’s first database that documents every event to date and uses a points algorithm to rank players based off of their tournament performance. Every player who has ever topped a single premier event is ranked.

Yahir Amat, a brilliant computer programmer, developed the platform for his site ChampTrade. ChampTrade will function similar to eBay by allowing buyers and sellers to meet in a common marketplace, and it is designed exclusively for TCGs.

ChampRank tracks every Shonen Jump Championships (SJC), Yu-Gi-Oh Championship Series (YCS), World Championship Qualifiers (WCQ), Pharaoh Tours (PT), Pharaoh Tour Finals (PTF), Fortune Tours (FT), Fortune Tour Finals (FTF), ARG Circuit Series (ARGCS), and World Championship (WC). The further you make it in top cut, the more points you receive, and different events are weighed differently to create a comprehensive ranking for every player.

CCGs can be added if someone has the info to create a comprehensive list.

This program is still in its developmental stages and as such, there are bound to be some errors. Since it is a computer program, there may be some errors in names from when the tournament was originally documented. For example, one tournament may document “Michael Smith” as making top cut, while another tournament may list “Mike Smith.” While they may be the same person, the computer program won’t be able to distinguish the difference and will record them as two separate people. This is an easy fix and any time it or any other error occurs just bring it to my attention and I’ll ask Yahir to fix it.

I’d like to give a special thanks to Yahir for all his hard work on this program. He’s created something truly great!

This release is a huge milestone for competitive play. It is a prestigious list filled with all the great names in our game’s history. It’s certainly an honor to be a part of such an esteemed list!

This is a for profit site, and it's trying to gather public information from our facebooks gives them them access to our facebook information, what the actual fuck.

 

Did you know about this?

 

edit- I have no real proof its actively gathering information, but the fact that you designed it to look like a regular URL but redirects to our facebook makes me incredibly suspicious of this.

  • Upvote 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Abe Thalos    518

 

-.

 

 

  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 15

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Abe Thalos said:

"I can't top a myself, lets take his away"

 

Seems to sum up the attitude on this thread.

 

Well, if you knew Pat you'd know he doesn't know how stuff works.
Dude once tried to wash his laundy in the dryer.

 

by the way, you're still a massive faggot

fuck off

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Abe Thalos    518

-.

 

  • Downvote 11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
»Satchmo    3220

You need to stop dick riding Hoban endlessly

 

And the fact that we DON'T know Hoban is absolutely grounds for us to be suspicious of his motives and intents. Quite frankly, I question how well you know him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
»Satchmo    3220

I have trouble believing that Hoban doesn't know that you post a link by copying the URL and pasting it, and I have trouble believing he thinks the proper way to do is to copy-pasta the link from a facebook redirect then rewrite the actual URL over it in order to make it look nice.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Patrick Hoban    6363

I don't know anything about what you're talking about. I just copied the same post I made on Facebook to here. 

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Abe Thalos said:

 

Aww ya, some more projections from the wanabe-hyprocrite.
Look who's trying to come out to DGz, guys.

 

Congrats man, this must be a big step for you.

damn you got me !

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
+Paraliel+    8030
21 minutes ago, Patrick Hoban said:

I don't know anything about what you're talking about. I just copied the same post I made on Facebook to here. 

 

The link you posted goes to Facebook first and then goes to forward from Facebook to your site.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Abe Thalos    518

-.

 

  • Downvote 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×