The good:

Biggest reanimation target

Double evasion

Some protection

Can be realistically cast in a dedicated deck

The bad:

Loses to grave titan when facing sacrifice/non-instant removal

Beat by other emrakul when using revenge

No other effects beyond casting limit it strictly to a combat only win con. Compare it to ulamog who wins through mill, kozilek who can counter spells, angel of serenity who can remove multiple threats and grave titan who can build a defense and provides a huge offensive

Summary: while i could see emrakul in non-legacy play i am not sure it actually will. Surely it will probably see standard of some sort, depending on other support for delirium and ramp, but for modern there is a lot of competion for reanimation and its realistic reduced cost (8) is still very high to cast. 

I woulf also like to note how From Beyond could be an idea card to use with it in standard outside of a delirium deck.

Zet    385

ClbWqFbVAAADDOD.jpg

This is the most exciting card of the set for me thus far

+Gemstone Mine    2590

I am actually really hyped for another wish card even if it is really narrow. Still has great potential for eldrazi though

did anyone else notice the flavor that apparently nahiri has emrakul as a pet

Zet    385
1 hour ago, Gemstone Mine said:

I am actually really hyped for another wish card even if it is really narrow. Still has great potential for eldrazi though

did anyone else notice the flavor that apparently nahiri has emrakul as a pet

Yeah it really fits with the walker's flavor. But her channeling emrakul to innistrad because she's mad at sorin, that's a bit crazy, even in lore.

I love the art on the Bruna and Gisela mutant form thing that was released on the mothership. Hopefully it's better than the actual emrakul card

i really hope i dont open coax in limited (probably), the werewolf seems nuts in limited, doubt its good enough for standard, i still find mindslaver funny

+Gemstone Mine    2590

eldrazi are so dominate, they are taking over formats, from modern to legacy, as well as flavor text and planes

JAndrees    109

I'm not a huge fan of Emrakul from a first glance.  I could be wrong, but Ever After seems a lot cooler now that we can reanimate a 13/13 AND Dragonlord Kolaghan to give it haste.

I believe Dragon Tempest also can give it haste since it just says creature with Flying.

+Paraliel+    8030

Ever After's problem is that deck bricks and it's so god damn slow.

Thalia, Heretic Cathar

2W

Legendary Creature - Human soldier.

First Strike.

Creatures and non-basic lands your opponents control come into play tapped.

3 / 2

tumblr_inline_o981866d9R1qiypmg_540.jpg

• Upvote 2

+Paraliel+    8030

http://imgur.com/YXPkl9P

Whenever ~ attacks you may exile another target non-token creature. If you do, ~ becomes a copy of that creature until the end of the turn. Return the exiled card to the battlefield under its owner's control at the beginning of the next end step.

JAndrees    109

The Thalia is very, very good imo.  Becoming a 4/3 first strike after one Thalia's Lite pump is so strong.  This on the play is frightening.