Nate1080

Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Nate1080    1224

Best Zelda game ever. Can't wait for this game.

First truly open world Zelda game since the first one. I hope this Zelda is actually a challenge...

• Upvote 1

Aaron    2018

framerate looks awful. 

nintendo fucking their own games up. 

will still be 9.9/10 I'm sure

Nate1080    1224

While the frame rate may not look like it's 60 frames, it's not what I'd call awful imo. Looks to be around 50 FPS. Playable for a much slower paced game like this. Also, the game is about a year away from release so maybe it will be fixed? If not the Wii U version, at least the NX version.

Awful would be much closer to 30-40 FPS imo. Other than the slow motion moments (which are a game mechanic), it didn't look like the frames dipped into the awful territory.

Aaron    2018
13 hours ago, Nate1080 said:

While the frame rate may not look like it's 60 frames, it's not what I'd call awful imo. Looks to be around 50 FPS. Playable for a much slower paced game like this. Also, the game is about a year away from release so maybe it will be fixed? If not the Wii U version, at least the NX version.

Awful would be much closer to 30-40 FPS imo. Other than the slow motion moments (which are a game mechanic), it didn't look like the frames dipped into the awful territory.

30fps.

digital boundary did an article.

dips to 20fps during combat

at worse 15fps. 

you can tell in the combat when he hits something. that shit used to piss me off in wind waker boss fights. 

how the fuck u could think this is 50fps is beyond me 

brighteyes    2150

Game looks fucking unreal, y'all niggas bein' too critical worrying about frame rates and shit too much

• Upvote 1

Aaron    2018

I'm being too critical.  most consoles are at 30fps anyway.

it just frustrates me because nintendo games are so good!

Telvin123    387
13 minutes ago, brighteyes said:

Game looks fucking unreal, y'all niggas bein' too critical worrying about frame rates and shit too much

Well, I won't act like it doesn't matter at all, though I'm certainly not a graphics whore or really care that strongly about fps, but Nintendo's typically the only thing I tend to make hard exceptions for. Namely because I can count on it to satisfy my nostalgia where Zelda, Pokemon, and Mario are concerned. Although at this point, it's basically just Zelda at this point for me, since I'm finally starting to get burnt out on Pokemon, and Paper Mario is somewhat dead. So hopefully the NX comes out with a bunch of games outside of the norm that actually convince me to buy an NX. 

brighteyes    2150

Off-topic: I wish they would go back to the norm for the NX tbh. The norm is what would save a franchise like Paper Mario.

Nate1080    1224
1 hour ago, brighteyes said:

Off-topic: I wish they would go back to the norm for the NX tbh. The norm is what would save a franchise like Paper Mario.

I agree. After Thousand Year Door, they tried too many gimmicks that just didn't work.

Telvin123    387
7 hours ago, brighteyes said:

They already fucked up with Color Splash, and according to the developer, have no intention of going back to stuff like TTYD. Even said if that's what we want, we should play the "Mario & Luigi" series for our fix lol. So unless the sales/reviews are disastrous, seems that's it for Paper Mario. I just want my partners and such back lol

NB96    838

I  hated this game at first and said so in the Nintendo Switch thread but looking back it was one of the best games I ever played. I tried Skyrim, fallout 3 and Fallout 4 and barely got anywhere in them because I wasn't enchanted by their open world the same way I was with BOTW. In this game I desperately wanted to explore, make my way to the towers and uncover all sorts of secrets, shrines, quests, Koroks and bosses.

Wish I could go back to last summer and play it all over again. I might play through it on Master Mode soon butt since I've already beat the game it wont have the same sense of mystery since I will know what to expect anymore. So sad that you can only experience this fantastical world once and even if the game is still good on the next playthrough it's just not the same. 

Blust    0

I actually replayed Breath of the Wilds with all the DLC's lately. Honestly, I loved the game even more this time around. I was able to enjoy everything more since I was familiar with most of the game and could focus on details a lot more.