Organization Messenger

The YGOrganization -[INOV] Tellarknight Vatraemus

A new Tellarknight Xyz has been revealed by the official Twitter!

CmuxNagVIAAnU07

Tellarknight Vatraemus (Tellarknight is written over “Knight of the Void”)
Rank 4 DARK Warrior-Type Xyz Effect Monster
ATK 2600
DEF 550
Materials: 2 Level 4 “tellarknight” monsters
(1) All face-up monsters become treated as DARK-Attribute.
(2) You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card, then discard 1 card; Special Summon 1 LIGHT “tellarknight” monster from your Extra Deck by using this card as Xyz Material (This is treated as an Xyz Summon, and Xyz Materials attached to this card also become Xyz Materials on the Summoned monster.), but for the rest of this turn, you cannot Xyz Summon monsters. This effect can be activated during either player’s turn, if you have 7 or more “tellarknight” monsters with different names in your Graveyard.

Source

View the full article

byak    4478

real talk why did construct fuse with tierra to make a tellarknight xyz

Blacklisted    1330

Looks heaps cool. I wonder if the rest of 2015 archetypes are going to get support in form of these really weird fusion things. Effectwise its ok, makes altair better

Me.    57

Screw vega, 2 material triverr is lit.

~NeoArkadia~    2794
7 hours ago, byak said:

real talk why did construct fuse with tierra to make a tellarknight xyz

Because it's a ~TERRORKNIGHT~. Laugh at the funny Homonym joke.

+Silver    1008

So under this MONSTER, I can make nightmare. 

I can make a 2-card triverr.

Blacklisted    1330

Realistically 1 card trivver. Vega/Altair by itself usually makes it.

Justin.    735

Fuck yes. I'm back baby.

i loved this deck so much. Pls no hate T_T

petqwe    286

Of course we come into the problems:

- Is (2) a quick or ignition effect if I do not control 7 types of tellaknight?

- If I do not control 7 types of tellaknight, can I activate this effect during my standby phase, given the japanese text is like this

自分の墓地に「テラナイト」モンスターが7種類以上存在する場合、
この効果は相手ターンでも発動できる。

and your english translation being this

This effect can be activated during either player’s turn

?

~Deadborder~    5156

I can't immediately make a claim on the quick effect stuff, but the "either player's turn" thing has been the standard English phrasing for "you can also activate this effect on your opponent's turn" for quite a while now. 

~NeoArkadia~    2794

There's nothing saying it is a good guy.

The thing is in Japanese. "Tellarknight" (i.e. Star Knight) and Terrorknight (This douche) sound the same. It might not be a goodguy, just an amalgam of the Qli Core, Construct and Tierra that hijacked Tellar power or gained power equal to their power.

Me.    57
3 minutes ago, NeoArkadia said:

just an amalgam of the Qli Core, Construct and Tierra that hijacked Tellar power or gained power equal to their power.

#JustYGOThings

8 minutes ago, NeoArkadia said:

There's nothing saying it is a good guy.

The thing is in Japanese. "Tellarknight" (i.e. Star Knight) and Terrorknight (This douche) sound the same. It might not be a goodguy, just an amalgam of the Qli Core, Construct and Tierra that hijacked Tellar power or gained power equal to their power.

yeah but the fact that it turns into a real tellar knight and doesnt turn it dark must mean  something right

ygo's all about redemption stories

~NeoArkadia~    2794

DT Lore is really fucked up in general.

Like. Sombre should be a Fusion of Gem-Knight Lazuli and X Constellars based on the lore. Kerykeion is more of a Constellar using Aquamirror magic to hijack the power of the corrupted Ice Barrier Dragons.

Everything points to this being hijacking / Evil Clone with Same Powers.

yeah but the fact that it turns into a real tellar knight and doesnt turn it dark must mean  something right

ygo's all about redemption storie

I dunno. We have no context for why it has "Turn into a Tellarknight" lore wise. But it's basically an Evil Clone of Ptolemaeus with Ptolemaeus' Powers. Maybe it's meant to show it's hijacked Sophia's Power of Creation?

Design wise it exists because it's sort of what Konami wanted from Ptolemaeus sorta kinda to begin with, but with more restrictions 'cuz everyone abused the original one for Infinity Shenanigans.

1 minute ago, NeoArkadia said:

DT Lore is really fucked up in general.

Like. Sombre should be a Fusion of Gem-Knight Lazuli and X Constellars based on the lore. Kerykeion is more of a Constellar using Aquamirror magic to hijack the power of the corrupted Ice Barrier Dragons.

Everything points to this being hijacking / Evil Clone with Same Powers.

personally im gonna go with tierra/lapis being partially purified by ptolomaeus

~NeoArkadia~    2794

personally im gonna go with tierra/lapis being partially purified by ptolomaeus

Shrug. I'd say wait for the next few sets and what the next Master Guide has to say, since this and the Dracoslayer story are probably going to eat up most of that book. There's nothing saying it's gonna be pure. Like hell, we might have as a counter to this, Zefracore (Repurified Gem-Knight Crystal) and Zefranaga (Kerykeion returned) fuse together to form a new LIGHT Attribute Shaddoll to make up for Construct being banned. And then we have that guy fight Terrorknight.

did they ever explain what happened in the dt lore? tierra is the second program that activated then the qliphorts came out and then the infernoids came out of the qliphorts and then tierra came out of the naturia tree and then the zefra killed tierra and thats it?

~NeoArkadia~    2794

Tierra came out of the Qliphort System on the Bottom of the tree

Ultimate Providence happens.

And then for reasons, Terrorknight Valty here becomes a thing. Everything else is "Eight Ball Hazy, Try Again"

The popular? interpretation is taht Ptolemaeus and Nekroz Sophia killed Anoya in Zefra Divine Strike and Void Purification, which lead to Genesis Tellarknight and Qliphort Down which lead to this thing.

Actually wait Qliphort Down's orb is white (Towers), the one in Genesis is blue (Disk). 

No idea how Ptolemaeus died lore-wise but this insanity makes me beyond hyped for the next Master Guide.

Game-wise this turns Vega+anything into Triverr, makes Skybridge significantly better, and so on.
Vega + Tellar
Deneb + Skybridge (Vega)
Unuk + Skybridge (Altair)
Altair

Realistically the 7 will never go off because it's tough to even get 5 different names in the grave

It being a 2600 means playing Altair doesn't necessarily lock you out of a significant BP, 2600 Dark = EEV, access to cards like Evilswarm Nightmare, Dark Law, Diamond being able to negate any monster effects, this is huge.

~ness00~    1013
7 hours ago, petqwe said:

Of course we come into the problems:

- Is (2) a quick or ignition effect if I do not control 7 types of tellaknight?

- If I do not control 7 types of tellaknight, can I activate this effect during my standby phase, given the japanese text is like this

and your english translation being this

?

The (2) effect is both an Ignition Effect and can be treated as a Quick Effect if you meet the right conditions. This does indeed mean that if you do not meet the conditions, it is a Spell Speed 1 effect that you can only activate during your Main Phases, and if you do meet the right conditions, it is a Spell Speed 2 effect that you can activate in any phase of either player's turn, except during the Damage Step.

This is how the Super Quantal Xyz Monsters work, too. Cards don't talk about Ignition or Quick Effects, they just talk about activation requirements and timings, so this type of effect that "becomes" a Quick Effect is written as "this can be activated during the opponent's turn", and at the same time it implies that you can activate it during your turn as a SS2 effect.

• Upvote 2