Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NB96

Barclays Premier League 2016/17

263 posts in this topic

Well that's a transfer ban surely.  Then again Chelsea avoided a transfer ban after Jose Mourinho, Dan Cole, his agent, and the CEO of Chelsea were caught in a hotel room together so who knows what will actually happen.  

Posted (edited)

4 hours ago, Urthor said:

Well that's a transfer ban surely.  Then again Chelsea avoided a transfer ban after Jose Mourinho, Dan Cole, his agent, and the CEO of Chelsea were caught in a hotel room together so who knows what will actually happen.  

Rumours are that the FA is going to leave the issue be if Southampton and Liverpool put it behind them. Which is sad really, because they absolutely have form for doing this in the past with youth players.

I know every club does it, and I'm certain we do as well, but Liverpool have been caught enough times now that I think something should be done about them.

Then again I'm a United fan so maybe my argument is a little biased.

Edited by NB96

Lmao a transfer ban for liverpool also means a ban for city and chelsea for doing the exact same thing, difference is that VDV actually wanted to go to liverpool

what a shambles. wake me up when it's transfer window 2018.

Posted (edited)

Shambles.

Apology was thick and stupid.

Idk what we are doing. 

Honestly quite scared, would invest heavily this window if there is even a sniff of a transfer ban. 

We can't survive that shit. 

Edited by Aaron

Posted (edited)

Apparently Manchester United have agreed personal terms with Morata so now the final hurdle is dealing with Real Madrid. We're readying a €60m bid which is overpaying most likely but hopefully that will do it. Scored 19 goals in 14 starts, I think Morata can go on to the next level. I wonder if the rumors about Conte wanting Morata but having Lukaku forced on him by the Chelsea board purely to spite Mourinho are true? That would suggest these top managers see something in his game that my eyes don't. Sounds unlikely but I wouldn't rule it out since Chelsea are a petty club anyway. I'm told Morata has a solid all-around game: hold-up play, link-up play, pace, strength, tall, aerial threat and a good eye for goal. Also turns up in thr big games according to Juventus supporters. The price seems like a lot now but I think he has really good potential. Comparatively Lukaku has the technical ability of a baby elephant according to people who regularly watch La Liga in addition to Premier League football.

Apparently Liverpool's move for Mohammed Salah has collapsed and they're now going in for Gelson Martins of Sporting Lisbon. Klopp probably needs reinforcements in attack due to relying heavily on Mane to get results (much like us with Ibrahimovic for most of the season) but surely he needs to buy two defenders minimum as a priority? Can chance it on Mignolet or Karius again  for another season if he really wants but a partner for the excellent Matip must surely be needed; Lovren is a clown.

Edited by NB96

i have never seen lindelof play

alexis to city basically done...city win the league next season basically

City have to buy at least 2 defenders this transfer period to be called a league winning side.  Chelsea are also still an absolutely sickening squad.

Mostly though, the fact is the last two years the early "favourites" to win have not even come close to it, so judging teams by their on paper sides before the season starts is a foolish endeavour.

On 2017-6-11 at 11:20 AM, Urthor said:

City have to buy at least 2 defenders this transfer period to be called a league winning side.  Chelsea are also still an absolutely sickening squad.

Mostly though, the fact is the last two years the early "favourites" to win have not even come close to it, so judging teams by their on paper sides before the season starts is a foolish endeavour.

wouldn't go that far. 

given chelsea played so few games last season, could see them having some trouble if they don't strengthen. costa situation doesn't help them either. 

Probably unlikely, but it shouldn't be ruled out seeing as he is always frustrated with the media and fans in Spain. Ronaldo back to United? If he was to leave Madrid, it is almost certain that United would be the only club he would want to go to. I know it gets said every year but this time around I can see it holding some truth

Ronaldo will pay for himself with marketing (and trophies)

Ronaldo would be worth it but Perez will not let him leave.  Ever.  There's just no way, and if he doesn't leave all it will have done is hurt United by impeding the Morata transfer

Liverpool announced the signing of Mohammed Salah a day or two ago. Anyone else think they could line up as a 4-2-3-1 system? I don't know much about their midfield and I know their defense needs work, but offensively I think they'll be really solid:

Firminho

Mane - Coutinho - Salah

Lallana - Henderson

Milner - CB - Matip - Clyne

Mignolet

I don't know if Lallana can operate as a DM but I'm sure he'd be fine as a box to box with Henderson showing a little more discipline to shield the back four.