Sign in to follow this  
NB96

Barclays Premier League 2016/17

Aaron    2039
7 hours ago, Faint said:

^you've clearly never seen veratti play, he's at least as good as pogba.

Kind of agree with you on a lot of what you said about international squads though.

someone who I really really like in Germany is Sule - would love love love liverpool to buy either him or Tah. both imho better than giminez. I think in terms of youth germany have so so so many potential world class players its unreal lol

how about all the action today then? liverpool top and looked fucking great. our front 3 is great - firminho is the best of the 3 imo but they all do something so different and work so well together. henderson great again, and Can really enjoying the box to box role it seems (lallana again fucking amazing-2 assists).

Yup Lallana phenomenal again... *obviously not as good as herrera for utd tho according to the biggest football genius/retard in the world*. 

Our defence is going to bite us in the ass tho. 

Yup firmino was electric today. Think he deserved MOTM. So so so so selfless. I think seeing Lucas in defence reminded me how fucked we are when AFCOn comes along  tho with Matip and Sane going. 

Storage looked nice off the bench but he just not on the others threes level. 

Hendo was also a beast today. His closing down is ridiculous. He is basically key to our counterpress. Without him we'll be fucked. I'm praying for no injury to Hendon, Firmino or Coutinho as I really think we struggle for replacements in those positions. Can could potentially replace hendos pressing but his train of thought is no wear near hendos. 

Also is Milner now the best LB in the league?? today he honestly seemed like our best defender apart from one moment when amarbat beat him. 

• Upvote 1

Faint    5860
17 hours ago, Aaron said:

Yup Lallana phenomenal again... *obviously not as good as herrera for utd tho according to the biggest football genius/retard in the world*. 

Yup firmino was electric today. Think he deserved MOTM. So so so so selfless. I think seeing Lucas in defence reminded me how fucked we are when AFCOn comes along  tho with Matip and Sane going. 

Hendo was also a beast today. His closing down is ridiculous. He is basically key to our counterpress. Without him we'll be fucked. I'm praying for no injury to Hendon, Firmino or Coutinho as I really think we struggle for replacements in those positions. Can could potentially replace hendos pressing but his train of thought is no wear near hendos. 

Also is Milner now the best LB in the league?? today he honestly seemed like our best defender apart from one moment when amarbat beat him. 

i think the problem is that whilst matip is a clear level above any of our other cbs, without sakho being an option we're in real trouble there. would love to see us buy a great young cb the way utd got bailey

sturridge looked so good when he came on, problem is that when the other 3 are making us score 6 goals a game then there is no way he gets a game

henderson so good at the sweeper role. he doesnt start the press - lallana does and the rest of the team shift depending on where he goes. henderson basically mops up then dictates the tempo of the game - whats so great about this is that henderson is physically really really fit so he can turn up the tempo at his leisure. henderson runs it when we have the ball, lallana when we dont - its a really good balance. emre can is physically superior but youre right, mentally nowhere near on hendos level

milner is my favorite player in this new system. his crossing has always been criminally underrated and he'll be on double figures for goals and assists this season imo because of how we play we will get penalties (milners got what, 3 or 4 already?). im still worried for the day he gets "gareth baled" though (remember how good everyone thought maicon was?)

On 07/11/2016 at 4:09 AM, Aaron said:

Lol when the fuck did I say Herrera was better than Lallana? All I said was Herrera dominated your midfield in the derby which he did and it doesn't take much for you to see that and the fact that you dont see that but the rest of the world does shows how fucking retarded you are.

Oh and I missed your post regarding international players and every good player would have done something for their country even England players like Terry, Gerrard, Lamps etc. have given good service for England even though they have experienced bad tournaments. At least they have shown that they were relevant for the team unlike your boy Wijnaldum who only usually turns up against teams that are struggling. Its funny how you overrate your players even Henderson seemed to have lost his stick after his goal for Chelsea. 

Faint    5860

Good service? This group of top class golden generation players who dominated champions league (regularly having 2/3 of the semi final spots) at the time couldn't even make it past the quater finals

Getting a lot of caps =/= good service. People like Gerrard Lampard Cole Terry Scholes Neville etc etc should hang their heads in shame for what they did with england (despite all having frankly unbelievable club careers)

Wijnaldum I haven't watched internationally so I wouldn't know, but he's really impressed me whenever he's played for liverpool so far. Henderson when he's not injured (so this season, and in 13/14) is such a bloody good player, remember when gerrard was injured and henderson ruined a spurs team winning 5-0 at white hart lane and hendo having MOTM despite suarez getting like 4 goals? yeah...

Aaron    2039
17 hours ago, Fruits Punch Samurai G said:

Lol when the fuck did I say Herrera was better than Lallana? All I said was Herrera dominated your midfield in the derby which he did and it doesn't take much for you to see that and the fact that you dont see that but the rest of the world does shows how fucking retarded you are.

Oh and I missed your post regarding international players and every good player would have done something for their country even England players like Terry, Gerrard, Lamps etc. have given good service for England even though they have experienced bad tournaments. At least they have shown that they were relevant for the team unlike your boy Wijnaldum who only usually turns up against teams that are struggling. Its funny how you overrate your players even Henderson seemed to have lost his stick after his goal for Chelsea. 

You are thick. 

I simply said that you basing a player on international games is pathetic and retarded. If you'd judged Terry, Gerrard, Lampard on their international exploits exclusively, you would have no idea just how good they were as players at club level. You're basically proving my point, you fucking retard. 

Henderson has been one of our best players. Honestly you're talking out of your ass and obviously don't watch Liverpool.  Ignoring his goal against Chelsea, he has been exceptional. He's always involved in everything. This season he's been topping the charts per game on touches/passes/tackles/interceptions. Please watch players consistently before you talk (apart from the odd match you catch against a big team). 

You need to look up the dictionary on dominate. He had an excellent performance, specifically first half but would not call it dominating/ 

16 hours ago, Aaron said:

You are thick. 

I simply said that you basing a player on international games is pathetic and retarded. If you'd judged Terry, Gerrard, Lampard on their international exploits exclusively, you would have no idea just how good they were as players at club level. You're basically proving my point, you fucking retard. 

Henderson has been one of our best players. Honestly you're talking out of your ass and obviously don't watch Liverpool.  Ignoring his goal against Chelsea, he has been exceptional. He's always involved in everything. This season he's been topping the charts per game on touches/passes/tackles/interceptions. Please watch players consistently before you talk (apart from the odd match you catch against a big team). 

You need to look up the dictionary on dominate. He had an excellent performance, specifically first half but would not call it dominating/ 

You are fucked up in the head lol. How you can compare Terry, Gerrard and Lampard with Wijnaldum is just another level of stupidity.  I will acknowledge the fact that Wijnaldum has his qualities like his dribbling skills but if you are looking for players that are game changers like Terry, Gerrard and Lampard then Wijnaldum is certainly not one of them. You have only seen him play for Liverpool where you have been immense so far and I can likely say that if Liverpool begin to stutter than Wijnaldum will also show the anonymous side he showed at Newcastle and Holland. He might have a good game against a struggling team like Swansea or Sunderland but don't expect him to be some game changer against the big teams. If that were to happen and Wijnaldum proves me wrong then great, he is actually improved considerably from his days at PSV. 

Lol that's not even my point. Even after a couple of games Liverpool fans on social media wanted to get rid of him but after his strike against Chelsea, he is suddenly praised like he is the new Gerrard again lmao. Please read my posts properly instead of looking like you are some depressed fuck? I thought we had already established the fact that I don't watch Liverpool and yet here I get the "obviously don't watch Liverpool". Yeah no shit, its not like I repeated the same fucking thing repeatedly. 

Also one of the definitions of dominate "have a commanding position over; overlook" and Herrera pretty much had your boys in midfield in his back pocket that game so yeah, I'll continue to use the word dominate. If you are gonna bring up the possession stats again then I would like to introduce you to Van Gaal.

Aaron    2039

Im not comparing them.  Terry gerrard and lampard are lightyears ahead of wijnaldum.  How old are you? You need to re-sit english comprehension. 

Hmmm so you're judging a player off of social media tweets and comments? Watch the fucking games and you will see Henderson is quite a brilliant player. Please stop "reading" about playing from stupid people and then regurgitating their bullshit as fact.

What do you do for a job or studies? You sound really dumb. I don't want to have debates online with some 16 year old kid about football incase you're that. Its embarrassing. 

Faint    5860

It's surely gotta be a troll at this point?

At no point did we compare Wij to Terry/Lampard/Gerrard - what we were saying is literally "it's stupid to judge players by their international career only" - which you've been doing with Wij in this thread (if you did the same with Terry/Lampard/Gerrard you'd say they're shit as well - when they're some of the best players to grace the PL).

lol @ "Liverpool fans on social media" - you do realize some of the lfc social media fans wanted to get rid of suarez to arsenal for 40m and 1pound, right? judging by these types of idiots is...well...idiotic (every club has stupid fans, man u are a case in point based on your posts). henderson has always been a top class player. when me and @Liquid Snake went to watch liverpool a few years ago i was saying how good he was. chris at the time had some doubts...the game we went to henderson scored a crazy volley (vs norwhich i think?) and was brilliant. he's a really good player and always has been, certainly a better player than herrera.

your point on herrera dominating liverpool is retarded beyond belief but at this point arguing about it is going to go round in circles because you're clearly too stuck in your idiosyncratic ideologies to understand anyway

• Upvote 1

»Liquid Snake    4567

Yeah I used to doubt Hendo and to be fair it took him some reasons to get going but now it's clear that when he's fit he's one of the best midfielders in the league and he should be next in line for England captaincy.

On 11/9/2016 at 6:50 PM, Fruits Punch Samurai G said:

Lol that's not even my point. Even after a couple of games Liverpool fans on social media wanted to get rid of him but after his strike against Chelsea, he is suddenly praised like he is the new Gerrard again lmao. Please read my posts properly instead of looking like you are some depressed fuck? I thought we had already established the fact that I don't watch Liverpool and yet here I get the "obviously don't watch Liverpool". Yeah no shit, its not like I repeated the same fucking thing repeatedly. 

Please tell me how this quote shows any judgment on Henderson? It's a point entirely about Liverpool fans and how they start loving him again after he scored the goal against Chelsea and before that, where was the praise? Where was the comparison to Gerrard? 

As for Wijnaldum, I didn't base my opinions of him just on international football, I based it on how he did last season as well which again I repeated multiple times.

On 11/10/2016 at 10:32 AM, Faint said:

your point on herrera dominating liverpool is retarded beyond belief but at this point arguing about it is going to go round in circles because you're clearly too stuck in your idiosyncratic ideologies to understand anyway

And this is coming from the guy that thinks possession = dominating lol. If you had added anything else as to why Herrera didn't dominate then feel free to post but the only reason you or Aaron gave was possession. But England had 68% possession against Iceland so that must mean Rooney, Alli and Dier must mean they have dominated the play right?

I love how you scousers point towards my English, yet fail to read any of my posts properly. The hypocrisy is amazing. 

Faint    5860

I'm the first to admit I didn't really watch Widj last season, but this season he's been fantastic which is where our argument comes from and where yours fails.

I don't think possession=dominating, I think dominating=dominating. I'm not sure if you actually watched the game?

Also there's a difference having low possession when you're winning and playing on the counter vs when it's 0-0 and you're on the back foot for the entire game. 

My argument doesn't fail though, you've only seen Wijnaldum play when Liverpool as a whole are on top form. It's a similar way as to when United were once on top form and made United fans think Cleverley was gonna replace Scholes. If Liverpool stutter during a game or 2 where they don't perform well against a big team for example, you can't expect Wijnaldum to be the man that makes the difference. 

Except when your on the back foot and keep the score 0-0 then it shows that the GK, Defense and the DM are doing their jobs correctly which Herrera did. Shut down most of Liverpool's creativity and it showed when he made 11 interceptions which at the time was the highest recorded in the prem this season so far (Idk if it still is but it might be). So yeah I did watch the game and not just base everything of the possession stats like you've been doing.

Aaron    2039

I've followed wij for Newcastle and Liverpool... No Netherlands games tho.

I honestly think he's a really good player. In position he holds that ability to turn from his back to goal very quickly and make forward thinking moves. He has a pretty tenacious personality too in regards to keeping possession, eye for goal. 

NB96    855

This was a must-win game vs Arsenal and we bottled it. We were running them ragged towards the end but he subs off an attacker for a defensive midfielder and immediately they take control of the game and get an equalizer.

I'm watching Atletico Madrid vs Real Madrid right now and the speed these two teams attack is so much faster than us. We take two or three touches with each pass, they pass and move, pass and move quickly with very few touches in between and unlock the defense. We are light years behind these sides and spending another €100m on Griezmann probably wont change much.

Edited by NB96
  • Upvote 2

Aaron    2039

yeah... at least this will stop utd fans going on about how rashford should play every single minute of every single game. 

NB96    855

Think we need to sign another CB in January to catch Arsenal. The way I see it, Chelsea, City and Liverpool are almost certainly going to be in places 1-3 come May, so only 4th is up for grabs. Our injuries to the back four have been a plague for as long as I can remember.

Van Dijk might be a good choice but I don't think Southampton would sell mid-season. I also heard Liverpool were interested in him.

• Upvote 1

NB96    855

Unlucky for us that City got a winner off the back of some terrible defending, and then a shocking pass from the Bournemouth RB for Sanchez' goal. Bournemouth have been playing alright though so far.

Hope Bournemouth can get something out of the game and we hopefully beat West Ham. Wouldn't be surprised to see a midfield containing

Pogba --- Fellaini --- Herrera

Fellaini mainly because of the auggestions that Andy Carroll will start so some more physicalityy might be useful. Carrick would be good too but this is the third game in about a week so he might be rested.

Rumors are that Schweinsteiger will be on the bench. I really hope that Mourinho puts their differences aside. I think Schweinsteiger could rotate with Carrick this season for that deep-lying playmaker role that keeps the team ticking. We still need a replacement for Carrick but maybe we can get that in the Summer and send Schweinsteiger off to the MLS too.

Light.    48

Liverpool is looking real good this season. If Klopp can maintain this he will have a very good shot at the title. I mean, City still looks a bit sluggish and it seems Pep needs a bit more time to adjust the team more to his liking. I dont think City will go all the way this season. 

So I think Liverpool has a very good shot for the title. Arsenal usually slacks off at some point so will Tottenham. So that only leaves City and Chelsea and Ive seen most matches of all the topclubs and Chelsea impressed me the most (aside from Liverpool). So I think it will be between them and Liverpool, but City will closely follow and with some luck go all the way. 

And whoever doesnt agree with "it's stupid to judge players by their international career only" is fucking retarded. Lampard/Terry/Gerrard have been insane players in their prime regardless of their international carreer. I mean alot of players get shit on because they preform less on international lvl (for example Messi and Ronaldo before winning euro). 

2 hours ago, NB96 said:

Unlucky for us that City got a winner off the back of some terrible defending, and then a shocking pass from the Bournemouth RB for Sanchez' goal. Bournemouth have been playing alright though so far.

Hope Bournemouth can get something out of the game and we hopefully beat West Ham. Wouldn't be surprised to see a midfield containing

Pogba --- Fellaini --- Herrera

Fellaini mainly because of the auggestions that Andy Carroll will start so some more physicalityy might be useful. Carrick would be good too but this is the third game in about a week so he might be rested.

Rumors are that Schweinsteiger will be on the bench. I really hope that Mourinho puts their differences aside. I think Schweinsteiger could rotate with Carrick this season for that deep-lying playmaker role that keeps the team ticking. We still need a replacement for Carrick but maybe we can get that in the Summer and send Schweinsteiger off to the MLS too.

Think we should try Blind in that position. His range of passing and his vision would be more suitable there than CB. Fuck Fellaini tbh

NB96    855

Top 4 is gone.

De Gea will leave at the end of the season and rightfully so, he's to good to be playing for Manchester United.

Our only chance is to win Europa League, a competition featuring several teams which are all better than us.

Mourinho's team selection is appalling. Lingard should not have started, let alone played 90mins. He works hard but just isn't good enough. Rashford wastes a golden 1v1 with the keeper. Mkhitaryan wasn't good but I still think his performance vs Feyenord merrited a start. Rashford on the wing means we play with 10 men - totally ineffective. He can only play as striker.

At least Pogba played well...

Edited by NB96

Don't see how you can say top 4 is gone, yes we are 8 points behind Arsenal but you shouldn't rule one of the teams having a collapse. I mean it wasn't that long ago that Guardiola was the definite favourite to win the league or Conte being one of the favorites to get the sack. I do think we are doing everything right apart from finishing our chances although your point about Jose's team selections is spot on. Honestly don't see why he keeps persisting to play Rashford on the left when we have quality players like Miki and Martial that could play. Even Memphis should get more than just 10 minutes every now and then. I like Lingard and he reminds me a lot of Park but yeah he shouldn't have started. 

• Upvote 1

Friendly    32

5-1 Arsenal vs West Ham. Now they 2nd in rank, you guys think they have a good chance of winning now? I've been extremely happy on how they been playing this season. Alexis Sanchez the MVP for sure. And yeah, top 4 is gone for Man U lol