Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NB96

Barclays Premier League 2016/17

262 posts in this topic

On 11/27/2016 at 9:58 PM, Fruits Punch Samurai G said:

Don't see how you can say top 4 is gone, yes we are 8 points behind Arsenal but you shouldn't rule one of the teams having a collapse. I mean it wasn't that long ago that Guardiola was the definite favourite to win the league or Conte being one of the favorites to get the sack. I do think we are doing everything right apart from finishing our chances although your point about Jose's team selections is spot on. Honestly don't see why he keeps persisting to play Rashford on the left when we have quality players like Miki and Martial that could play. Even Memphis should get more than just 10 minutes every now and then. I like Lingard and he reminds me a lot of Park but yeah he shouldn't have started. 

Agree with most of your points here, only thing is you saying "we're doing most things right" - you have the most expensive squad in the world and you're 8points off t4. I don't think you getting it is out of the question, but with the "quality" utd have (and I use quotation marks for that) then Jose needs to stand up and take responsibility. You're entirely right in sayiong that Miki and Martial should be playing - they're the best 2 players utd have imo. 

I don't think utd can be ruled out of t4 given how tight it is at the top. 

How great of a spectacle was chelsea vs city, so good. Real entertainment, city were v unlucky with some of the decisions in the first half and shouldve been 3/4-0 up, then chelsea scored 3/3 of their shots. that tackle from aguero at the end was awful though, rightfully banned for 4 games. if costa had done that people would be shouting for a lifelong ban, lol

Arsenal fans getting their hopes up again before their post-xmas bottle job. Sanchez is looking great as per, but this happens literally every year with arsenal and you just know that they'll get injuries (due to training methods, physio quality, etc. - it's no coincidence that they've had a way worse injury record than all of their rivals literally every seasons for the past 10 years). All it takes is ozil / sanchez to get injured, and arsenal become toothless.

Unbelievable comeback from Bournemouth. Priority must surely be defence for Klopp in the summer.

Whenever Matip isn't playing our defence looks a total shambles. Lucas and Lovren were both horrific. Karius mistakes are annoying, I don't mind so much though as David De Gea made very very similar errors when he started at utd - hoping Karius turns out the same way as he did.

Lovren was very very very poor, at best he's squad player quality, defo shouldn't be first choice. Desperately need some depth at CB. Tah or Sule, please?

Rojo should have had a straight red so we can have no complaints imo. The ref did us a favour.

Roy Keane would have seen the dive coming a mile away and not comimitted. The difference.

Would rather we give players like Fosu Mensah game time instead of Rojo. Would be worthwhile to give other players like Ro Shawn Williams and Tuanzebe a chance too as they are both exciting prospects. So many youngsters that have the potential to do good for us but won't get played unfortunately.

Leicester 3-0 City and it's not even half time... Guardiola's needs to sort his defensie out just as much as we do ours.

i think mustafi injury could potentially derail arsenal this december but they do look very strong first XI and bench wise. 

If sanchez keeps his form up, anythings possible but arsenal's infamous implosion whenever they're close to anything is just too historically strong.

Chelsea look damn impressive given their defence and a possessed costa. 

Really good result against Spurs, finally we beat one of the top 6 and with a clean sheet too.

Mkhitaryan injury soured the experience, hopefully it's just a twisted ankle. The team looks faster going forward with him, will be such a shame if he's out for a month or so after he really starts kicking off his United career.

Edited by NB96

Also it's hilarious how bad Darmian is. A fullback who doesn't get forward ever, yet still needs cover lol... was torn to shreds by Sissoko, get him and Fellaini the fuck out of the club. Shaw is i jured so Mourinho just has to play Blind at LB instead after this display.

To think we chose him when we could have had Clyne instead if memory serves.

Edited by NB96

3 hours ago, NB96 said:

Also it's hilarious how bad Darmian is. A fullback who doesn't get forward ever, yet still needs cover lol... was torn to shreds by Sissoko, get him and Fellaini the fuck out of the club. Shaw is i jured so Mourinho just has to play Blind at LB instead after this display.

To think we chose him when we could have had Clyne instead if memory serves.

Don't think Clyne has ever played a professional game as a LB in his career and right now I wouldn't drop Valencia for him either, so he would have just rotted on the bench or probably have done just as bad as Darmian if he were to play LB. Also Fosu Mensah at CB with Rojo at LB and we should be good.

Edited by Fruits Punch Samurai G

45 minutes ago, Fruits Punch Samurai G said:

Don't think Clyne has ever played a professional game as a LB in his career and right now I wouldn't drop Valencia for him either, so he would have just rotted on the bench or probably have done just as bad as Darmian if he were to play LB. Also Fosu Mensah at CB with Rojo at LB and we should be good.

When I mentioned Clyne I was referring to playing him as RB which is the position Darmian was meant to play in for us. He might have been the replacement for Valencia, who we are still looking for.

I've heard rumors of us targetting Nelson Semedo in the summer however I've never watched the guy so I don't know how good he is.

Edited by NB96

Darmian started really well at the beginning of last season but then dropped of like a lot of the LVG signings like Depay, Rojo, Herrera, Schneiderlin, Di Maria etc. so I would like to see him given more of a chance at RB. Playing him on the left is only gonna waste him just like Rashford getting wasted when he plays as a winger.

I googled that Nelson guy and saw that people in Portugal rate him quite highly and Benfica are trying to get him to sign a new contract with a buyout clause of 80m euros! Well that is if he signs the new contract. Think Fabinho would be a better option.

Seeing as transfer season is nearly upon us, this guy has the rumor mill doing the rounds:

My understanding however is that he is hit & miss. Gotten a few things wrong in the past but on the other hand called Moyes' sacking (tbf it was predictable to anyone) and the Pogba deal some time before it happened.

I'm inclined not to believe him, I've no doubt we can afford Griezmann but I don't think he's coming. Especially if we don't acquire Champion's League football for next season.

I've also seen suggestions that Pep Guardiola is interested in Virgil van Dijk which might make sense as he's a ball-playing defender. I would have thought he'd be ideal for Liverpool, maybe to partner Matip but who knows.

Also if this is true then Liverpool fans will be pleased:

Edited by NB96

Rumors that Chelsea are selling Oscar to Shanghai SIPG for £60m. Unbelievable piece of business if true.

doubt they'll get 60m for oscar, more likely to go to juve for 25-30m

arsenal losing to everton tonight was a surprise. 

if we're looking at transfers, id say that liverpool still desperately need another good cb to partner matip (obviously we can sell sakho) as i dont really rate lovren and lucas is literally the worst player on the pitch in every single game he's played in the last 5 years (im including lovrens horror games and mingolets constant error games in this too). would also like another CM to cover as the 3 places there we only really have henderson, can, wij, lallana... 4 players for 3 midfield places not great...

60m for a chinese team doesn't seem wrong.  No player wants to move to China they see it as the end of their careers

1 hour ago, Urthor said:

60m for a chinese team doesn't seem wrong.  No player wants to move to China they see it as the end of their careers

That only makes sense for salaries and signing fee's right, why would the player care what the transfer fee is - unless if a percentage is included, but even then if juventus offers 30m and a chinese team offers 30m then all the chinese team has to do is offer three times the salary to the player I guess. 

Can't complain about the ref no matter what tonight. Rojo should be off for the second time in 3 or so matches with another two footed challenge, and it looked to me like Pogba might have been offside for the goal. That being said Pogba has been our best player so far tonight.

Thought Sunderland were unlucky, what a save right at the end. Then again I love the idea of Moyes being relegated in his first season lol

Liverpool absolutely dominated, should've won by 5 or 6. Origi now has 6 goals in 6 starts this season... and how fucking good was Lallana on his first game back. 2 goals and an assist, class.

8 hours ago, Faint said:

Thought Sunderland were unlucky, what a save right at the end. Then again I love the idea of Moyes being relegated in his first season lol

Liverpool absolutely dominated, should've won by 5 or 6. Origi now has 6 goals in 6 starts this season... and how fucking good was Lallana on his first game back. 2 goals and an assist, class.

Yeah maybe that would change Moyes' opinion of him deserving more time at United lmao.

Oscar said his move to China is 90 percent complete so I do see that move happening. Waste of talent though

2 hours ago, Fruits Punch Samurai G said:

Yeah maybe that would change Moyes' opinion of him deserving more time at United lmao.

Oscar said his move to China is 90 percent complete so I do see that move happening. Waste of talent though

Can you really blame him when they are offering this kind of money though?

Three wins on the trot now, Mourinho has found his best XI and we look like a real side at last. We can hopefully start climbing the table slowly, I was convinced top 4 was gone after Everton but things are starting to turn around. We're scoring more goals, playing good football and crucially seeing games out now.

Not sure what the best result we could have from Manchester City vs Arsenal. A draw seems good because I fancy Arsenal to drop points as usual during this second half of the season. On the other hand maybe it's better if City lose and we can focus on getting ahead of them and Spurs to challenge for fourth. Arsenal look like favourites to win though.

Edited by NB96

Don't think Mourinho has found his best team yet. He still needs to find the 2 attackers that would play alongside Ibra on a consistent basis and that is still quite mixed between Miki, Mata, Martial, Lingard and Rooney. Also, I'm pretty sure Jose would want to another LB since Shaw has too many injury problems and Darmian not being a natural LB. Oh and I would favor an Arsenal win since they got more points than City.