Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NB96

Barclays Premier League 2016/17

262 posts in this topic

ArsenalFanTV is always quality this time of year.

Jajajajaja £200,000 p/w

Edited by NB96

Found this list of players available on a free from January if their clubs don't renew. Some of these players are really good. Would you take any of them?

Yaya
Berahino
Casillas
Cazorla
Tiago
Mertesacker
Robben
Quaresma
Torres
Navas
Danny
Witsel
John Terry
Xabi Alonso
Motta
Evra
De Rossi
Aduriz
Litchensteiner
Moyà
David Villa
Pepe
Fernandinho
Zabaletta
Kaka
Kalou
Sagna
M'Vila
Tremoulinas
Taison
Kolasinac
Boga
Carrick
Valencia
Tuanzebe

Edited by NB96

2 hours ago, NB96 said:

Found this list of players available on a free from January if their clubs don't renew. Some of these players are really good. Would you take any of them?

Yaya
Berahino
Casillas
Cazorla
Tiago
Mertesacker
Robben
Quaresma
Torres
Navas
Danny
Witsel
John Terry
Xabi Alonso
Motta
Evra
De Rossi
Aduriz
Litchensteiner
Moyà
David Villa
Pepe
Fernandinho
Zabaletta
Kaka
Kalou
Sagna
M'Vila
Tremoulinas
Taison
Kolasinac
Boga
Carrick
Valencia
Tuanzebe

I've bolded the ones that I'd have at Liverpool for sure. Lots of talent here.

Lots of top class talent but a lot of it is 33+...

I question some of your choices. Berahino is someone that can't even get into the West Brom side and all the current Liverpool strikers are better then him. 

Idk why you would have Quaresma and M'Vila instead of Robben and Alonso even if they are younger, Alonso especially considering he is still the best in his position regardless of his age. Also think Casillas would be a better purchase than Moya because the plan is to have Karius as no.1 in the future right? So why not let him learn from one of the best GK ever?

If I were Klopp I'd snatch Zidane's hand off for Pepe. Quality defender who seems like exactly what they need.

On 12/25/2016 at 0:03 AM, Fruits Punch Samurai G said:

I question some of your choices. Berahino is someone that can't even get into the West Brom side and all the current Liverpool strikers are better then him. 

Idk why you would have Quaresma and M'Vila instead of Robben and Alonso even if they are younger, Alonso especially considering he is still the best in his position regardless of his age. Also think Casillas would be a better purchase than Moya because the plan is to have Karius as no.1 in the future right? So why not let him learn from one of the best GK ever?

Berahino is still a good PL goalscorer, and we'd be able to turn a reasonable profit on him.

Quaresma can't stop scoring at the moment and is looking so good. M'Villa is what we need in someone in midfield who just runs around yapping at opposition heels. Alonso is world class, but isn't particularly mobile so wouldn't fit into Klopps system. Robben will be what, 34? 35? by the time summer comes around.

I really like Moya, but I get your point on Casillas.

#1 target should 100% be Pepe, such a fucking good defender

On 25/12/2016 at 8:42 PM, NB96 said:

If I were Klopp I'd snatch Zidane's hand off for Pepe. Quality defender who seems like exactly what they need.

Pepe won't accept less than his value, and Klopp is in for the long term he's not going to overspend on a defender that good who has that kind of use by date considering his age.  

On 12/27/2016 at 11:22 AM, Faint said:

Berahino is still a good PL goalscorer, and we'd be able to turn a reasonable profit on him.

Quaresma can't stop scoring at the moment and is looking so good. M'Villa is what we need in someone in midfield who just runs around yapping at opposition heels. Alonso is world class, but isn't particularly mobile so wouldn't fit into Klopps system. Robben will be what, 34? 35? by the time summer comes around.

I really like Moya, but I get your point on Casillas.

#1 target should 100% be Pepe, such a fucking good defender

You might be able to make some profit from Berahino but you can't really expect much because he would rarely start especially considering Liverpool have players like Sturridge and Origi on the bench (when all attackers are fit). Berahino would just be some fodder and his value would decrease.

According to whoscored Quaresma has only scored 3 goals this season and all 3 were from the Champions league which ended a while ago so he's not exactly scoring on a regular basis. Besides Robben is younger, proven and still has the quality to be a world beater. Obviously his injury record is a massive concern but I would take him over Quaresma any day.

On 24/12/2016 at 4:15 PM, Faint said:

I've bolded the ones that I'd have at Liverpool for sure. Lots of talent here.

Lots of top class talent but a lot of it is 33+...

IMO best players from that list are:

Yaya, Robben, Cazorla, Mertesacker, Navas, Witsel, Alonso, Moya, Pepe, Fernandinho, Zabaleta, Lichtensteiner, Kolasinac, 

Heard good shit about Tuzanabe. Robben is a wildcard given his injury woes but his quality is undeniable but so is that his game relies heavily on pace. Yaya I think is so underrated and given way more shit cos of his attitude. He delivers more attacking threat goals/assists than an AMC who doesn't defend when hes a CMF who sometimes defends.

Cazorla/Mertesacker/Zab/Litchen/Alonso seem like excellent squad players who don't rely on their pace and could play for another season or 2. 

I can see us going in for only Kolasinac, Witsel & Moya  (if this is the valencia one) given how we play. 

Lee Mason's performance in the game vs Middlesbrough needs an investigation. One of the worst performances I've seen from a referee. The quality of refereeing this season overall has been so poor, it's honestly embarassing.

I thought neither Liverpool nor Manchester City played terribly well but Liverpool got a really good win to keep them within reasonable distance of Chelsea.

Tuanzebe had actually captained United's youth teams and is highly rated alongside some of our other youngsters. I don't get this hype for Moya. I mean we are talking about the same player right? The GK who is second choice for Atletico? Why would United need him when we have De Gea and a good back up in Romero? Witsel and Kolasinac would be nice, didn't actually Witsel's name on the list.

We were maybe lucky when West Ham got the red but I think both his feet had left the ground so he wasn't in control of the tackle. Even so Kouyate put in a leg breaker tackle and should have had a red card. Inconsistent reffing all around, Mike Dean has had a poor day.

It was pretty even before the sending off but a numerical advantage and tiring legs made things hard for West Ham especially after Mata had scored. The 2nd goal was offside and Feghouli shouldn't have been sent off so all in all, West Ham got hard done by.

Posted (edited)

Lol at Arsenal players celebrating so much for the equaliser... you have 3 or 4 minutes left to go for the winner, all the momentum is with you but you all celebrate instead of snatching the ball from the net and racing to the centre circle to restart. Have a pat on the back for drawing level but Bournemouth collapsed after the first goal. And then let Bournemouth dominate those precious last few minutes because you don't want to go for the win.

Genuinely I think their stupid celebration says more about their mentality than their comeback. There are three teams fighting for the 4th place spot, all within 2-3 points of Arsenal and they are happy with a draw, this is two points dropped not a point gained. United are just two points behind if I remember the table correctly as are Spurs, this is a bad result!

Can't wait to see Claude fight with Ty who will inevitably think this was a fantastic result on ArsenalFanTV. Twat.

Edited by NB96

Dimitri Payet is a disgrace to professional football. I feel sorry for Slaven Billic having to put up with this, and knowing he may not get a decent fee when clubs like Marsielle are only offering £19.1m which is nothing in today's market. My Dad told me that he read somewhere that Payet has gone on strike now after West Ham rejected that offer (quite rightly too). I wouldn't want him anywhere near United, a true bad apple who would destabilise the club and divide the dressing room.

Edited by NB96

A disgrace to football is someone like Barton or Kinnear but yeah I do feel for Billic because he not only has to put up with this, but also with the poor investment West Ham did over the Summer. Their board itself has become an absolute joke submitting bids  like £5m for Defoe and £3m for Snodgrass knowing full well that neither club would sell their best player to a club that is in the relegation battle and even announcing who they want to sign before they actually signed them. As for Payet, he is on 120k a week and was given his real shot in the limelight at West Ham and without them he probably wouldn't have been in the France squad but  £19.1m is something I would accept. If someone like Pedro can go to Chelsea for £22m after winning everything for Barca for many years, then £19.1m for Payet, who is a 1 hit wonder like most of the Leicester team, is the right valuation. 

Payet is a guy who played in the worldcup and was a shining light/one of the best players.

Now hes in a relegation battle for a club whom really he has very little loyalty for and has only played 1 season with them. The club are underperforming, didn't invest to match his ambition and therefore he wants a move. He knows hes only got a few seasons left in his career and doesn't want to waste them in shitty England playing for a medicore club when he has the quality to really shine amongst the best. 

Striking is definitely a dick move which I don't agree with but plenty of players have done it. If I was in his shoes... I'd be tempted to do the same. In all honesty I think West Ham should have sold Payet in the summer and invested it properly in the squad simply because he was ALWAYS going to force a move at some point. 

I think hes worth more than 20M but the problem is, he is:

1. Only proven class for the past 2.5 seasons

2. Oldish

3. Wants a move

4. On a huge contract

So its going to limit how much clubs will realistically pay for him. 

I'm surprised one of the big guns aren't coming in and swooping him up for a bargain price. Someone with payet's quality on the ball, ability to WIN games and deadball ability in the prime of his career is a steal for 19M!

I wouldn't want him at Liverpool for 19M because he really doesn't fit but a very very very tidy squad player and for 19M, thats pretty much the going rate for one! Sadly his wages aren't. 

Has anyone kept up with this Diego Costa story that emerged yesterday evening? He's not going with the team to Leicester because he says he has back pain but the physio team say there's no problems. He also hasn't trained for three days according to some sources. Adding to this, he's received a £30m a year pffer from China (I think that's around £600,000 a week). The suggestion is that he's seriously considering it, and has had a heated argument with Conte over it.

I'd post some tweets or links but I'm on mobile. I think the Telegraph were one of the papers on this. Wasn't Costa one of the ringleaders who downed tools to get Mourinho out?

The Costa story is garbage. Surely someone of his quality wouldn't want to go to China...

think its bullshit.

why go to china now when he can just go at the end of the season or once he starts to actually decline. 

Genuinely think a draw is a bad result, Tottenham or Arsenal could start to run away with 4th place. Beat Liverpool and I think we go just two points behind them if I remember the table correctly, which blows the top 4 race wide open.

Lmao at Citeh... in serious danger of mising out on top 4. Shocking defense, please take advantage Mourinho.

The first half we've been brilliant. Emre Can, Henderson and Lallana all absolutely majestic. Lovrens card was bullshit, completely clean tackle.

Mingolet playing really well so far. Fully expect utd to sort themselves out in the 2nd half though, which is worrying.

Paul Pogba... so fucking great at Juve, but he's playing in the wrong position for utd. He should be either playing as a CF or as a LAM, that's where he thrived for Juve. Sitting deep (as he's been doing) means he's relied on to control the game, and as we see from today he has a lot of mistakes in him in that role...

Pretty scared that this 2nd half is gonna set up for a Wayne Rooney winner to become utds top goalscorer...