• Announcements

• rei

Battle of the Anime Characters   02/10/17

THE BATTLE OF THE ANIME CHARACTERS HAS BEGUN   Find it here http://duelistgroundz.com/index.php?/forum/615-battle-of-the-anime-x/
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NB96

Barclays Premier League 2016/17

202 posts in this topic

Herrera is the only player with his head screwed on, Mr. Reliable.

These lot are an utter shambles, Pogba hasn't got a fucking clue. Carrick with his usual disappearing act whenever he gets pressed, Jones can share the blame for this scoreline with Pogba...

Frustratingly we've had the better chances too, and these lot still can't put the ball in the fucking net when it's 1v1.

Pogba has been the worst player of a bad bunch though, maybe he's never defended a corner in his life? Just watching that corner again, what the fuck are you doing mate, what the fuck are you doing...

Woohoo Captain Awful has been subbed on, were going win 3-1!

There's only one Zlatan.

Utd score another offside goal. Bullshit. 

Also herrera is a cunt who needs the shit kicked out of him in one of these games to teach him a lesson. Firminho shouldve kicked his head off towards the end.

draw seems fair. 

we're not clinical enough. could have done with sturridge on tbh for a few of those chances we missed near the end.

utd looked ridiculously threatening in the first half.

mignolet was excellent. if we had karius in, i think we would have lost. 

playing an 18yo having his debut in the derby w/o matip... i would have taken a point before the game. we were the better side given we were playing away but not considerably to justify 3pts. 

Edited by Aaron

Think a draw was a fair result for both sides. Neither side were clinical enough, Liverpool were better in the 1st half, United better in the 2nd half. Herrera and Valencia were our best players tonight and of these 2 will get United's player of the year award at the end of the season. Lot of the times Martial had the ball, he had no support from Darmian whatsoever so we should have played either Blind or put on Smalling and play Rojo at LB.

Don't get me wrong - a draw was a fair result.

Still, the way in which it came about really ticked me off.

I really liked Martial, I think taking him off was the wrong move on Utds part.

The problem is that Rojo and Jones have started clicking and doing really well together at CB... Jones/Smalling has proven to be unreliable.

Wish Klopp had got sturridge on much earlier for Firminho or Wijnajldum (lallana moving to midfield if the latter).

Mingolet had probably his best LFC game today. 

Paul Pogba... fucking lol.

3 hours ago, Faint said:

The first half we've been brilliant. Emre Can, Henderson and Lallana all absolutely majestic. Lovrens card was bullshit, completely clean tackle.

Mingolet playing really well so far. Fully expect utd to sort themselves out in the 2nd half though, which is worrying.

Paul Pogba... so fucking great at Juve, but he's playing in the wrong position for utd. He should be either playing as a CF or as a LAM, that's where he thrived for Juve. Sitting deep (as he's been doing) means he's relied on to control the game, and as we see from today he has a lot of mistakes in him in that role...

Pogba's best season for Juve was the 15/16 season where he has played all the games except 2 as a CM except from 2 games where he played as LM. He has never played CF in his life and if Jose and France managers keep their sanity he will continue to never play CF.

Just now, Fruits Punch Samurai G said:

Pogba's best season for Juve was the 15/16 season where he has played all the games except 2 as a CM except from 2 games where he played as LM. He has never played CF in his life and if Jose and France managers keep their sanity he will continue to never play CF.

My mistake then, I'm certain he was playing as a CAM/CF or out on the left where he could drift in and cause problems.

Earlier in the season his agent did an interview and said he was best as a LAM and thats where he should be played etc etc

14 minutes ago, Faint said:

My mistake then, I'm certain he was playing as a CAM/CF or out on the left where he could drift in and cause problems.

Earlier in the season his agent did an interview and said he was best as a LAM and thats where he should be played etc etc

Really? His agent is clueless when it comes to football anyways lol. He did play majority of his games as CM and a few games as DM, AM, LM

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/paul-pogba/leistungsdaten/spieler/122153/plus/0?saison=2011]

Just as a reference

Really pleased with Mourinho's business so far, Schneiderlin and Memphis out for around £40m is great for trimming down an oversized squad and getting a good £100,000+ per week off our wage books.

Can't wait to see what Mourinho will do in the summer.

Haha Klopp does longball tactics towards the end and loses to Swansea after criticising us for doing it with Fellaini against them, really glad to see him lose. Win against Stoke and we go only two points behind!

Prety sure Liverpool are ten points behind if I remember the table, title challenge is probably ove. Up to Spurs to fight Chelsea I guess.

Edited by NB96

A win is vital for us tomorrow. Tottenham and Arsenal dropped points, and Liverpool drew which is acceptable.

Ranieri sacked... the players betrayed him.

Edited by NB96

Disgusting that ranieri got sacked. Absolutely awful

It's how it is with professional footballers nowadays and it happens a lot. Most of the Leicester players should be sent to the reserves because the fame clearly has taken over them, Vardy especially. 

vardy should have gone to arsenal.

hope they get relegated srs. 

Football is a rubbish game :(

Aitor Karanka has left Middlesbrough according to their official Twitter.

Ironically Leicester's champion league campaign is continuing merrily after all the drama and Ranieri getting fired.  

Vardy IS probably going to Arsenal, Arsenal is right fucked because they're performing poorly by their fan's standards, and Ozil and Sanchez are being waaaay underpaid for how they're performing and are going to leave for other clubs who will pay them an awful lot more money.  Vardy will be the budget striker and fan favourite Arsenal actually want and need.  

On 3/17/2017 at 1:53 AM, Urthor said:

Ironically Leicester's champion league campaign is continuing merrily after all the drama and Ranieri getting fired.  

Vardy IS probably going to Arsenal, Arsenal is right fucked because they're performing poorly by their fan's standards, and Ozil and Sanchez are being waaaay underpaid for how they're performing and are going to leave for other clubs who will pay them an awful lot more money.  Vardy will be the budget striker and fan favourite Arsenal actually want and need.  

Arsenal are performing badly even to their own typical standards. Only 2 players that have been consistently performing this season has been Sanchez and Koscielny. They need a huge clear out and invest more in players if they want to compete with the top teams. Right now I think they could use a CB (to compete with Mustafi since he hasn't been too convincing so far), a LB (Monreal and Gibbs aren't good enough), a RB (as back up/competition for Bellerin seeing as Debuchy and Jenkinson are too poor to be even considered that), another holding midfielder, a left sided winger (think Sanchez is far more effective up front then on the wing) and if Sanchez leaves another striker would be needed. 

Vardy isn't good enough for a top 6 side and would make no impact on the Arsenal squad imo since they already have similar players like him in Welbeck and Perez. Most Arsenal fans I knew weren't thrilled when Arsenal triggered Vardy's release clause last summer.

I think a lot of the issues with Arsenal recently have been at least somewhat psychological. The uncertainty associated with Wenger possibly leaving has left everything in limbo and it's especially the case given how stable the club normally is. I expect things will pick up at least a little bit once Wenger announces what he's going to do. 

Schweinsteiger is off to Chicago Fire pending a medical.

Mourinho's business has been good imo, 4 good signings and he's reduced our wage books by selling Memphis, Schneiderlin and Schweinsteiger. Pogba's been a little up and down but he's hit the post so many times, if his shots were a few inches in another direction, and if our players were clinical enough to finish the countless chances he's created his stats would look very strong imo.

In other news, several journalists have come out today reporting that Chelsea have agreed personal terms with AS Monaco central midfielder Tiemoue Bakayoko. They've made an offer of €38m + €5m in bonuses. Will be really pleased if they sign him because we have been linked to Bakayoko as well, but I'd much prefer Fabinho or even Bernardo Silva to wet my underwear.

Feel sorry for Monaco, their team might get ripped apart by Europe's elite this Summer, they have some fantastic players that would improve even the best teams in the Premier League. Real Madrid supposedly have their eye on Kylian Mbappe.

Edited by NB96

I read an article about Jose talking about how young professional players are like brats with their constant use of social media and honestly that looks like that was directed mainly to Pogba and Lingard and I have to admit that some of Pogba's performances have been annoying as fuck. For the money that we pay him, he needs to make a much bigger impact then what he has done so far. He has done some wonderful balls that should have been finished but other than that he has been poor and anonymous at times and he is quite similar to Ozil in that regard. Also when the guy was supposed to be injured for about 3 games, you see his instagram post of him dancing ffs. If he put in the same amount of work in as players like Ronaldo, Ibra or Lamps he could become world class. 

On 3/20/2017 at 9:14 PM, Fruits Punch Samurai G said:

Arsenal are performing badly even to their own typical standards. Only 2 players that have been consistently performing this season has been Sanchez and Koscielny. They need a huge clear out and invest more in players if they want to compete with the top teams. Right now I think they could use a CB (to compete with Mustafi since he hasn't been too convincing so far), a LB (Monreal and Gibbs aren't good enough), a RB (as back up/competition for Bellerin seeing as Debuchy and Jenkinson are too poor to be even considered that), another holding midfielder, a left sided winger (think Sanchez is far more effective up front then on the wing) and if Sanchez leaves another striker would be needed. 

Vardy isn't good enough for a top 6 side and would make no impact on the Arsenal squad imo since they already have similar players like him in Welbeck and Perez. Most Arsenal fans I knew weren't thrilled when Arsenal triggered Vardy's release clause last summer.

pretty much agree with all of this

also on pogba, he's a few years older than kante and cost almost 3x more. and he's a much worse player. 

thing is if you play in that juve team, its so so so sooooooooooooo much better than the team utd have now. that juve team oozed class, manu literally only really have ibra (and mik arguably, but even then...)