not older fml

basically kante is a god and pogba is not great at all

cant use "settling in" as an excuse witgh most of the season already played lol

On 3/22/2017 at 7:22 PM, Winter Multi said:

a few years younger*

not older fml

basically kante is a god and pogba is not great at all

cant use "settling in" as an excuse witgh most of the season already played lol

While Pogba definitely deserves some of the stick as well for his performances, I think Jose should also shoulder the blame. Clearly Jose is desperate to prove Pogba is a success by giving him all those games and I just think that along with Pogba's attitude will just result badly.

It's almost as if our players just don't care anymore.

If we lose this game vs Everton then top 4 is gone. Europa League would be our only hope of getting Champion's League football. We're the biggest name left in that competition but not the best team.

Our form has gone down the toilet ever since the EFL Cup final win vs Southampton.

I used to bash Mourinho about wanting to spend 80 million pounds on Griezmann when you have bucketloads of world class forwards, so many that you couldn't put them all on the field.  

Now he just looks like a footballing genius.  

Also Manchester United hoping to sneak into Champions league through Europa?  

ManU has morphed into Liverpool confirmed.  

On 4/5/2017 at 0:30 AM, Urthor said:

Also Manchester United hoping to sneak into Champions league through Europa?  

ManU has morphed into Liverpool confirmed.  

Give us another 20-odd years give or take before you say something as offensive as that!

Posted (edited)

Dele Alli will is the best English talent since Scholes. I think he will go on to be better than Rooney, who never reached his full potential imo due to not taking care of his body well enough.

Edited by NB96

17 hours ago, NB96 said:

Dele Alli will is the best English talent since Scholes. I think he will go on to be better than Rooney, who never reached his full potential imo due to not taking care of his body well enough.

Hes really really good, but you cant say that after one and a half seasons. Also rooney was a better talent than scholes, for sure. 

People forget just how bloody good rooney was for so many years..

Paul Scholes is the most over rated player in the last 30 years. Peolle look back and go "omg he was amazing best playee england or utd ever had"

Like dont get me wrong he was very good, but he couldnt hold a candle to gerrard or lampard for england.

I wouldnt even rate scholes in t5 prem cms of all time. Thatd go keane, viera, lampard, gerrard, makalele (essien just missing out - most underrated pl player of all time imo)

Rose tinted goggles dot com

Posted (edited)

4 hours ago, Winter Multi said:

Paul Scholes is the most over rated player in the last 30 years. Peolle look back and go "omg he was amazing best playee england or utd ever had"

Like dont get me wrong he was very good, but he couldnt hold a candle to gerrard or lampard for england.

I wouldnt even rate scholes in t5 prem cms of all time. Thatd go keane, viera, lampard, gerrard, makalele (essien just missing out - most underrated pl player of all time imo)

He was played out of position for most of his England career on the left of a 4-4-2 if I recall. I mean you could say that is an argument in itself but I think the national team argument should be taken with a grain of salt.

Edited by NB96

Posted (edited)

1-0 Zlatan.

That is all.

Edited by NB96

2 hours ago, NB96 said:

He was played out of position for most of his England career on the left of a 4-4-2 if I recall. I mean you could say that is an argument in itself but I think the national team argument should be taken with a grain of salt.

I mean, if he could get near gerrard/lampard they'd have put him in the center instead..

But yeah national arguement should be taken with salt, I agree. But saying Scholes was a better talent than rooney is just downright wrong..

rooney was nuts when he burst onto the scene.

scholes did it all as a player.  the gerrard vs lamp vs scholes debate is so hard. gerrard was the most rounded, lampard the most efficent and scholes did something neither did in his latter part of his career which was dictate play. i think his clear defensive deficiency is always overlooked when rating him tho. 

Posted (edited)

I agree that Rooney was a top player but he only had one season where he could really challenge Ronaldo and Messi as I recall. He peaked early, by around 27 or 28 he was in decline which is when most player would be at their peak. Scholes' longevity makes me rate him higher as a player in the end. Rooney has been diabolical for minimum four years, but his decline began while Ferguson was still in charge so I would say 5-6. Ferguson wanted him gone and laid it all on a plate for Moyes to sell him, but instead Moyes gave him a new £300k a week contract...

There's a good reason Xavi, one of the greatest Central Midfielders ever according to many, looked up to Scholes. Even though Rooney is our record goalscorer, he doesn't reach the status Scholes has at the club. I only let a very select few reach that status for Manchester United.

Also I agree that a young Rooney was amazing to watch, even when I was a kid. Young Rooney > young Scholes. But Rooney never quite fufilled the potential he displayed as a youngster, even having broken Sir Bobby Charlton's terrific record for us, Rooney showed even greater promise back then.

Edited by NB96

Arsenal doing their best liverpool impression

Posted (edited)

Herrera has been phenomenal so far against Chelsea. A tenacious, versatile midfielder with grit, determination and who loves the club. Has had Hazard in his back pocket the whole game so far. Registered an assist for Rashford and scored the second goal.

Wonderful player.

Edited by NB96

1 hour ago, NB96 said:

Herrera has been phenomenal so far against Chelsea. A tenacious, versatile midfielder with grit, determination and who loves the club. Has had Hazard in his back pocket the whole game so far. Registered an assist for Rashford and scored the second goal.

Wonderful player.

Herrera is a cunt.

Like honestly I feel if I was a utd fan I'd love him, but I think the way he plays is despicable. Dirty player in every sense.

Liverpools win today was HUGE for us.

2-1 defeat vs Crystal Palace was huge for us. Liverpool are in deep shit if we manage to beat City on Thursday.

Come on United!

On 2017-04-09 at 1:59 PM, NB96 said:

I agree that Rooney was a top player but he only had one season where he could really challenge Ronaldo and Messi as I recall. He peaked early, by around 27 or 28 he was in decline which is when most player would be at their peak. Scholes' longevity makes me rate him higher as a player in the end. Rooney has been diabolical for minimum four years, but his decline began while Ferguson was still in charge so I would say 5-6. Ferguson wanted him gone and laid it all on a plate for Moyes to sell him, but instead Moyes gave him a new £300k a week contract...

There's a good reason Xavi, one of the greatest Central Midfielders ever according to many, looked up to Scholes. Even though Rooney is our record goalscorer, he doesn't reach the status Scholes has at the club. I only let a very select few reach that status for Manchester United.

Also I agree that a young Rooney was amazing to watch, even when I was a kid. Young Rooney > young Scholes. But Rooney never quite fufilled the potential he displayed as a youngster, even having broken Sir Bobby Charlton's terrific record for us, Rooney showed even greater promise back then.

I would take one year of being able to challenge two of the best players to ever play the game over no years. 

Scholes couldn't even challenge Gerrard or Lampard, let alone be mentioned in the same breath as Ronaldo/Messi

On 2017-4-24 at 4:21 AM, NB96 said:

2-1 defeat vs Crystal Palace was huge for us. Liverpool are in deep shit if we manage to beat City on Thursday.

Come on United!

United have to play Arsenal and Tottenham as well as City.   Southampton could also be an upset.  Granted they've had a good run of results but the odds of them not dropping points twice between now and the end of the season is pretty low, United are still long odds for scraping into the top 4.

Posted (edited)

Marouane Fellaini is the symbol that singlehandedly everything wrong with Manchester United.

Signed under one of our worst ever managers, and easily the worst player I've seen in the club since the mighty Bebe.

Edited by NB96

Posted (edited)

Sunderland are officially relegated after a 1-0 defeat vs Bournemouth.

Edited by NB96

Posted (edited)

This Arsenal team is actual, literal fucking gash who lost 10-2 on aggregate to Bayern and we lose 2-0 to them. They are not a good side at all. Yet they beat us convincingly.

Please, please win the Europa League. It may be a second string competition but we need CL football. Earn that and we have a chance to add the likes of Griezmann, Bernardo Silva, Fabinho etc for next season.

If I were Mourinho I'd consider spending whatever it takes for Silva and Griezmann and copy Monaco's 4-4-2 system, but essentially with our financial reach we could build a better attack, midfield and defense man for man. But Mourinho seems to like three central midfielders so that probably wont happen. I can't see much other way for Griezmann to work since he's a #10/support striker other than maybe a 3-5-2 on paper, perhaps similar to Juventus' system last season. It also gives the benefit of letting Pogba play in a midfield three which seems to be his best position given the general consensus:

GK

CB - Bailly - Rojo

Valencia - Herrera - DM - Pogba - LWB

Griezmann - ST

Could deploy Mkhitaryan as that second striker to support Griezmann, someone who drops deeper like a false #9 and helps create and link up while Griezmann is freee to make his runs because his movement and finishing are his greatest assets.

But I think our attacking problems lay deeper than that. Monaco's attack is so great not just because of the players but also because of Jardim. When they run into a block on one flank, they quickly switch the play and open up gaps on the other side. I loved watching them play vs City and Dortmund. We have pace in our team but that isn't the solution; we simply don't move the ball quickly enough. Counter attacks stop, we don't pass quickly and we give the ball away too often. Bayern would never give it away as much as we do.  

Mourinho's current system relies on individual attacking talent rather than functioning as a team on the attack imo. Nothing some coaching over the summer and throughout the course of next season couldn't fix however.

Oh who am I kidding, we're not signing Griezmann. He's much too good for us right now...

Edited by NB96

i doubt griezman would go to utd over chelsea or city 

and thats if he was coming to england which i highly doubt he is

just need to beat boro to guarantee t4, come on