Sanjura

Blue-Eyes - Discussion

Daybreaker    23

I can honestly say in 100s of games with multiple versions of this deck i've never needed a second Azure Stardust or even Alsei I think there's better cards. I think it's pretty important to play Prime Photon and Cipher it allows you to go into Cipher Full Armor later in the game which i've found to be invaluable as well as Prime being able to attacks over problem monsters and put significant damage in. 

• Upvote 1

Black Ace    22
4 minutes ago, Daybreaker said:

I can honestly say in 100s of games with multiple versions of this deck i've never needed a second Azure Stardust or even Alsei I think there's better cards. I think it's pretty important to play Prime Photon and Cipher it allows you to go into Cipher Full Armor later in the game which i've found to be invaluable as well as Prime being able to attacks over problem monsters and put significant damage in. 

I think Alsei can answerd problem cards like anti-spell an such so is worth the slot. Spark is worth if you play Emptiness.

And I complety agree ond the 1 Azure and the extra Photon monster in the extra deck. When I go into Azure is probably because I going for the game next turn.

My currently extra Deck look like this:

1 Moonlight

1 Michael

1 Stardust Spark

1 Crystal Wing

1 Azure-Eyes

2 Spirit Synchro

1 Alsei

1 Cipher

1 Heliopolis

1 Harbinger

1 Dragluon

1 Number 62

1 Full Armor

1 Dark Matter

Warthog    165

Is sitting on Dragluon calling Dragons with Return in grave not the correct play for the mirror or am I doing something wrong? Not seeing the nicheness behind it unless you're planning on doing the same with Crystal Wing.

Blacklisted    1330
21 minutes ago, Warthog said:

Is sitting on Dragluon calling Dragons with Return in grave not the correct play for the mirror or am I doing something wrong? Not seeing the nicheness behind it unless you're planning on doing the same with Crystal Wing.

Sounds like a great way to get wrecked by a a Cipher.

There are a lot of times I just standby phase gun the Spirit into Azure if I outrihgt lose to Raigeki which is a shame, it may be the wrong play a lot of the time.

Alsei is really good in the BA matchup and spinning a card in general is really good, even if it means you brick their next draw for game. Dealing with F0 is a bonus.

Daybreaker    23
3 hours ago, ky2222222 said:

Alsei also answers that annoying fuck Number F0: Utopic Future for the BA matchup

I play Twin Burst for that it actually answers things better just the other day it outed an Azure and a Chaos Max with a Gospel in grave and i'm really unsure why a lot of people aren't playing this card.

My extra currently is

2 Spirit Dragon

1 Azure

1 Giganticastle (super important in the mirror i've found definitely gives you an edge)

1 Twin Burst Dragon

1 Crystal Wing

1 Micheal

1 Moonlight Rose

1 Dragluon

1 Harbinger

1 Giant Grinder

1 Prime Photon

1 Cipher Dragon

1 Full Armour Photon Dragon

1 Dark Matter

Without a doubt in my mind the best extra for this deck from my testing. 

I'm also pretty settled on a side for right now

2 Sea Turtle

1 Catsith 

1 Effect Veiler 

3 Twin Twister

2 Cosmic Cyclone 

1 Raigeki

2 Dark Hole

3 ASF

What's everyone liking for the side at the moment?

Warthog    165
3 hours ago, Blacklisted said:

Sounds like a great way to get wrecked by a a Cipher.

There are a lot of times I just standby phase gun the Spirit into Azure if I outrihgt lose to Raigeki which is a shame, it may be the wrong play a lot of the time.

Alsei is really good in the BA matchup and spinning a card in general is really good, even if it means you brick their next draw for game. Dealing with F0 is a bonus.

Dragluon will prevent Cipher (or any other Dragons) from activating their effect until the end of your opponents turn.

I do the same thing with Azure because I have learned my lesson. Something can apply to Moonlight because there are times you will just die if you don't have that option.

Alsei has been a favorite of mine since I played Sylvans and still killer, you can get lucky sometimes playing the odds (especially if you burnt through your deck with Desires). Either way you get the card you need (or get closer to it) or spin a problem card away.

@Daybreaker I haven't seen the need for Giganticastle, I use 62 or Dark Matter to run over the Azure in that situation. The only other reason I can see running it is due to Cherry banishing your Spirits, so you aren't just keeping a 0/0 tuner on field.

Daybreaker    23

Yes but you can't always rank 8 if it's early in the game and Cherry is seeing loads of side deck play right now so it just hurts you a lot less.

Daybreaker    23
4 hours ago, Blacklisted said:

Side is dependent on your meta lol

Yes of course but it is still noticeable what is considerably good against certain decks and it doesn't hurt to discuss options. 

• Upvote 1

Blacklisted    1330
8 minutes ago, Daybreaker said:

Yes of course but it is still noticeable what is considerably good against certain decks and it doesn't hurt to discuss options. 

It was more so when you said you were settled on a side when thats dumb because that should change with ebb and flow of your meta and shit. Like nobody at my locals play kozmo so i wont need to bother siding for them but while at bigger events id have them in consideration.  Just think of your game plan and what you'll play against and side accordingly.

Ive never even considered playing twin burst now thats way too niche. 

• Upvote 1

Daybreaker    23

I don't think it's "niche" at all i've seen plenty of people using it and it is actually really good at clearing fields it is so good in the mirror I recommend testing it before you dismiss it.

Blacklisted    1330

If i could play a 20 card extra twin burst wouldntbe in it. Doesnt do what i want to do with the deck.

• Upvote 1

»canasian    4105

My understanding is that Twin Burst is played in builds that side Electric Virus and/or Victoria for the mirror, it seems pretty situational otherwise

• Upvote 2

Blacklisted    1330

I was once upo na time playing ehero prisma to make choemratech vs kozmo and can also ship a blue eyes and make twin burst with a reborn

Squiddy    9173

bare in mind dat its this decks ONLY out to a def mode dark planit (other then crystal wing but that takes more than a turns setup/soul charge unless u play brilliant) and is also an out to any 1-2 dragons on ur opps board backed by return (guarentees theyre distroyed by the battle or otherwise banished) so it does have somewat niche uses but relavent nonetheless dipending on how the game pans out this season (|:|) 

• Upvote 2

Blacklisted    1330

Crystal wing and 61 pretty much deal with any monster that can be destroyed by battle.

Twin burst has its uses i just feel there are just at least 15 cards that will come up more often consistently over the course of tournament

Oh_The_Irony    771
14 hours ago, Squiddy said:

bare in mind dat its this decks ONLY out to a def mode dark planit (other then crystal wing but that takes more than a turns setup/soul charge unless u play brilliant) and is also an out to any 1-2 dragons on ur opps board backed by return (guarentees theyre distroyed by the battle or otherwise banished) so it does have somewat niche uses but relavent nonetheless dipending on how the game pans out this season (|:|) 

Yeah like Blacklisted said, Number 62 deals with Dark Planet, and also gets over the rank 10 train guy.

As a disclaimer I've never played Blue-Eyes and I'm not sure whether the standard is to blind first or second, but how is Cards of Consonance good in this deck? Unless you're playing stuff like Terraforming + Dragon Ravine + Corsesca or Brilliant Fusion + Galaxy Serpent, it seems so subpar. Then you're only playing 7 targets, which is already not that many targets. Furthermore, if you open Cards of Consonance + a tuner + any way to put a level 8 on board, you can't (or shouldn't) activate Consonance since then you don't have a guaranteed Spirit, and this deck is kind of a piece of shit without Spirit. And since you're playing so few tuners, drawing two tuners and a Cards of Consonance will happen pretty rarely (even going second, only 14% of the hands that contain Consonance will contain two tuners). That means Consonance only seems very good when you open it with Sage, since Sage puts a tuner on your board while replacing your hand with a tuner. Only 28.4% of the hands that contain Consonance will also contain Sage though. So if you were to simplify Consonance being good to opening Consonance + two tuners or opening Consonance + Sage, the probability of that happening going second is (.14) + (0.284) - (.0844) = .34, where 0.0844 is the probability of opening two tuners and opening a Sage. In other words, going second, of the opening hands that contain Cards of Consonance, in only 34% of those hands will Consonance be good. This doesn't even count the times when you want to get Veiler instead of a tuner off Sage, but effectively can't because of Consonance. Obviously this math doesn't count the hands where you open Consonance, a tuner, and no way to make Spirit, but I think I got my general idea across, and I'm curious as to why people are playing Consonance, or if there was anything major I missed that makes it seem better than it is.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Daybreaker    23

It definitely isn't good in this deck I haven't been playing it for weeks, there's tons of better cards you can use. For some reason it's just become accepted that you have to play it in this deck or that it's standard.

• Upvote 1

Suuwo    647

It's just a shit card for precisely those reasons. It seems like dgz had found out CoC was garbage, but regressed back into it after the card saw success in worlds and random regionals. Dragons have amazing support options so you don't have to run max cantrips to dig for power cards, not to mention some of your stuff is once per turn like alternative (by extension melody) and silver's cry.

• Upvote 2

Mr Dragon    312
On 14/09/2016 at 4:17 PM, Daybreaker said:

I'd rather just play a second Cipher over any other Galaxy-Eyes that lets you make Full Armor. All of the other monsters have marginal use and it's far easier to conceive of scenarios where needing to take another monster is more plausible than the benefits that Taycon or Prime give you (the one that comes up the most is using Cipher early on to take a Beatrice and make Dark Matter then using it late game to take an F0 and make Full Armor). 

I'm also a big fan of Alsei, because it doesn't destroy. It's particularly useful when you find yourself in simplified gamestates in the mirror, topdecking the right cards for whatever scenario you're in can effectively give you free turns. It's uses are fairly marginal, but so many cards in the extra are. In fact, I'd say that this deck has a lot more extra deck space than some people seem to think. The main deck can already deal with most threats by itself so there's a lot of room for utility and matchup specific cards. 

Doodlebug    613

3 Gameciel, the Sea Turtle Kaiju

3 Ghost Reaper & Winter Cherries

3 Koa'ki Meiru Drago

2 Dark Hole

1 Raigeki

1 Twin Twisters

2 Anti-Spell Fragrance

This is what my current side board is using at the moment.  Considering that my local meta consists of Blue-Eyes, Burning Abyss, Cyber Angels, Pendulum, and random children; is there anything that I should be running over my current options?

Daybreaker    23
15 hours ago, Mr Dragon said:

I'd rather just play a second Cipher over any other Galaxy-Eyes that lets you make Full Armor. All of the other monsters have marginal use and it's far easier to conceive of scenarios where needing to take another monster is more plausible than the benefits that Taycon or Prime give you (the one that comes up the most is using Cipher early on to take a Beatrice and make Dark Matter then using it late game to take an F0 and make Full Armor). 

I'm also a big fan of Alsei, because it doesn't destroy. It's particularly useful when you find yourself in simplified gamestates in the mirror, topdecking the right cards for whatever scenario you're in can effectively give you free turns. It's uses are fairly marginal, but so many cards in the extra are. In fact, I'd say that this deck has a lot more extra deck space than some people seem to think. The main deck can already deal with most threats by itself so there's a lot of room for utility and matchup specific cards. 

I like Prime for the fact it can attack over certain problem monsters which for me comes up more than a second Cipher which I can only remember coming up a couple of times but obviously players are going to have different experiences.

I mean I really really like Twin Burst I know people have said it's niche or whatever but it literally stops you ever losing to Kozmo or Chaos Max which in my experience is reason enough to play the card, it can also out really strong boards in the mirror I really feel like people are under rating this card. 

On Alsei it's clearly a good card and it has it's uses but I really just feel like there's better cards I mean in previous testing for me any time I could make Alsei Helio or Grinder were better every time I don't know maybe i'm playing wrong but these simplified gamestates don't seem to happen much for me with this deck so why would I want Alsei? Ba is already a really good matchup as well.

• Upvote 1

Black Ace    22

Went to a regional yesterday and end 4-2 9th place. I loose vs. Domain Monarch (yeah like WTF I didn't expect anyone to play that), and mirro match.

Round 1 vs. PK Fire: The easyes match-up all day long. 2-1 him very easy. Game 1 Dragluon+Goliath+Azure took the game. Game 2 he side into 3 Vanity's Fiend that I was not able to out. Game 2 was very similar to Game 1, Goliath+Return took the game.

Round 2 vs. Mirror Match: 0-2. The guy drew the nuts more than I do. Open Soul Charge both games.

Round 3 vs. PK Fire: Again, easy as hell. Goliath is so op vs. that. First Game was Goliath+Azure, and second game was Dragluon+Goliath.

Round 4 vs. Domain Monarch: 0-2. Honestly he open Pantheism the 2 games+Ehther. I cannot beat that.

Round 5 vs. PK Fire: 2-0. I play vs. a really good friend of mine. Game 1 was amazing, I lock him with Vanity's Emptiness and he lock my Blue-Eyes Vanilla with Fog Blade. I have Soul Charge (+1 Vanilla+3 other monsters in Hand) I drew Melody and combo with everythin for ending up with Harbinger+Spirit+Goliath (in his standby for Arkbrave). Game 2 he beat the **** out of me I don't really remember. Game 3 was in time and he overpaid life with Strike and Warning, and when he want to go for game with tour guide I Warning him and win because of dmg.

Round 6 vs. D/D/D: 2-0. This guy was 4-1 and was playing really good, play the Dark Law build. Goliath+Azure give me game. The second duel was longer, we were barely in time. I draw Soul Charge (AKA BEST CARD EVER) and combo with everything ending with Goliath+38+Spirit (and Return in grave), he draw and concede.

Build: http://prntscr.com/cjj7lp

The 5 cards that the light ***** are Goliath, Arkbrave, Spirit Of White and 2 Maxx "C". I wasn't able to get Desire because my friend that was going to give it to me got sick. Goliath was a beast all day long, MVP for sure (Soul Charge too).

The only card that was really dead was 1 Silver's Cry, but I plan to cut it (and 2 Ravine and 1 CoC) for 3 Desires and 1 Shrine. Ravine was good for discard dead cards like CoC, Stones, Goliath/Arkbrave.

The side deck was pretty good. I never Side into Denko Sekka or the 3 Twin Twister, probably because I don't play any Demise.Deck. Gameciel only go in vs. Blue-Eyes but I didn't draw it :/.

BTW. sorry if my english sucks.

buckwheatloaf    204

can u guise start siding magical spring for metalfoes. u r like losing to them left and right. time to try something new. its what the ocg did and they were able to hold their own against ocg ba and metalfoes which had stein and 3 kirins. kaijus mite be making ur lives difficult but they sorta help everyone equal. also the catsith mite be nice for v fiends and jowgens and stuff.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1