Sanjura

Blue-Eyes - Discussion

Keba101    14
On 10/23/2016 at 3:50 PM, victor said:

Not so much the other way, because BEWD can interchange between Rank 8s and LV 9 Synchros. In comparison, it's harder for Metalfoes to play around when they can't Pend Summon (because then they don't have resources to Fusion either). Not to mention Metalfoes can't easily play DB themselves, because why would you negate your own Kirin?

----------------------

Some interesting things I've noticed about BEWD:

1) Sage can search Chiwen so you can make a Chaofeng - then your opponent cannot activate effects of LIGHT monsters. And it floats for your Tuners.

2) They can make Crimson Blader pretty easily with BE Spirit Dragon giving you a LV 7 to Sync with. So you stop ABC and Kaiju from being used against you. It works even better if you play Interrupted Kaiju Slumber and give them a Kaiju to Blader, and you a LV 7 to make make it. Chaos Hunter is LV 7.

3) Even before Dimension Barrier, this deck can play Dragon's Bind with Dragon Spirit of White and Stardust Spark Dragon. That stops Gameciel (the most common Kaiju) from being used.

4) This is gimmicky, but Shadow Impulse lets you SS other Synchros when they are destroyed (so protection for your fields). If you let the monster brought out by BE Spirit Dragon die for instance...

Actually, this and Dragon's Bind actually seem like cards Metalfoes could play because they can go Stardust Spark with Gofu or Ultimaya, for Bind (or play Odd Eyes Pendulum (2500 ATK) + Sky Iris engine), or Scrap Dragon pop, make Ignister Or Crystal Wing via Shadow Impulse :)

I actually won 2 locals back to back because of Chaofeng this past weekend. they just let me set myself up and then I sync'd for chaofeng on turn two if they had no backrow. it's pretty much an auto win if it lives. The fact that it tutors a sage on each is great for making sure there is a back up plan.

Also has anybody discussed the merit  of 'Beacon of white'? I ran it as a 1 of and clearing the board or Gameciel then drop it for the win. 

Lastly has anybody tried running the deck with a Kaiju Slumber engine?

Suuwo    647

I'm currently running this deck with the kaiju engine. I think it's really amazing since it fetches a lvl 7 for synchroing for something like a scrap dragon or a lvl 8 for xyzing after clearing the board.

Overall though, I don't think this deck can reliably compete with the rest of the field post INOV.

just running Dragon Stun really, its pretty solid, and whilst don't get nutty boards I can lock down quite a lot, but feel prob just better off playing Barrier statues or some shizz than KM drago and whatnot

The deck still seems to top, just not frequently. Anyone having success with the deck? I still can't decide if Galaxy Soldier is worth it or not in mine.

»victor    6399

One advantage that BEWD does have moving forward is access to Dragon's Bind, it's like Vanity's Emptiness vs decks like Zoodiac, and you can make Stardust Spark to protect it, not to mention Dragon Spirit of White.

The cool thing is it stops the common Kaiju like Gameciel and Kumongous because they are <2500 ATK.

-------------

Another really cool use of BEWD is playing Malefic BEWD, because it works with Dragon Ravine and Mausoleum of the Emperor (Dragon Spirit of White gets its effect on NS, you beat anti-SS), not to mention Mausoleum of White, + Terraforming. Malefic Stardust also works with Dragon Bind.

300?cb=20131031125825300?cb=20120622095625

You can play Pot of Accquisitiveness, etc.

+scuzzlebutt    23543
On 12/10/2016 at 6:38 PM, Ultimate Buffalo said:

darklords are just a better bewd deck

rofl not even close

• Downvote 1

buckwheatloaf    203

darklords can use vanity's fiend,viruses, and aren't stunned by barrier. they have soul charge too, better draw power, similar ability to use springs for consistency and stunning foes, and their track record in ocg was really good. like 20 darklords topped in the same time as 1 blue eyes. BUT, blue eyes are way better haha. love spirit 4ever team <3

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

+scuzzlebutt    23543

i dont even know how to respond because neither i nor anyone else ever knows how serious you're being

darklords are a joke

• Upvote 2

tupadre945    180

dark lords have better draw power yes, but when it comes to deck building aggro decks, they have to geared towards consistency at 2 of the following things, going foward 

1- whats my decks consistent turn one board/boards that are auto-win/ keep me in the game longer 

2- how consistently can my deck break boards and create one after i destoryed my ops board, 

imo both decks are the same side of the coin, one just have a wider range of tools where the other is the same tool box inside and out ( given a few tech slots  for both decks )

for blue-eyes  i feel like the deck has to either find new ways of doing the same plays for less card economy, or have plays that when it they resolve allow you to further get more resources  to keep pushing in game

for dark lords, the extra deck needs optimization in the tcg, the deck has potentail to be a top contender 

• Upvote 1

»victor    6399
On 12/21/2016 at 3:36 PM, tupadre945 said:

for blue-eyes  i feel like the deck has to either find new ways of doing the same plays for less card economy, or have plays that when it they resolve allow you to further get more resources  to keep pushing in game

I'm of the belief that Dragoncarnation is that card, and Blue Eyes decks need to do more to break it.

I mean back in DRuler days, this was the card that let you retrieve a CoC or Trade In target for reuse, just as it does today.

And Dragoncarnation -> Tefnuit + Hieratic in hand let you go off again.

It's kind of cool that today, adding an banished Ancients + Blue Eyes monster it gives you lets you go off again.

You can even play Malefic BEWD and add BEWD to hand.

I'm trying to find other proactive cards that reward you for banishing Dragons but short of Ghost Ship (mixing Chaos is too inconsistent), are there any other options?

Something like Red Wyvern is pretty ridiculous with Dragon's Bind because it prevents SS with lower attack and destroys SS with higher attack, Coral Dragon being a floater who discards is also pretty cute.

And it's a LV 5 LIGHT for Pleiades with Galaxy Soldier, etc.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Mr Dragon    312

Dragoncarnation isn't practical at all, it's a trap card and is therefore outright outclassed by Light Of Redemption, but also because it doesn't solve the actual problem with this deck. Which is that all too often you either can't play or your play is something mediocre like "Summon Spirit, Pass". In fact, by being such an aggressively mediocre card that does nothing turn 1 or on it's own it just makes those problems worse.

The real ways that Darklords are better than Blue-Eyes is that they're somewhat more consistent and because Vanity's Fiend is a better floodgate to be able to drop than Spirit Dragon. There's not really much more too it. I actually don't think Darklords are very good at all however (not that Blue-Eyes are that much better), because while the Darklord engine has the ability to basically draw through their entire deck, outside of the floodgates, the cards you're drawing into don't really do a whole lot. 

• Upvote 3

Vic whilst your enthusiasm is apprecieated the cards you keep suggesting are woefully mediocre.

I been playing dragons for months now with varied successes, but INOV Just put an absolute nail in this deck. It is just done. EVERYTHING outclasses it. you got zoodiacs around the corner and they just have better draws better searches better field clearers, and monsters just as strong.

Darklord-hybrid with some sort of dragon engine, is ok , but overall there really isn't much point. Even my stun variant will be irrelevant next set since KM Drago will do nothing.

redlight    17

^ This deck is far from done.  I think the way to approach the deck going forward is to utilize cards that give you extra plays or cards that prevent your opponent from playing.  Yea Zoodiacs have a ton of plays that allow them to do whatever they want but that engine is not very high on applying kill pressure.  In all intents and purposes if the TCG follows the OCG and bans Kirin and limits ABC in some capacity then this deck will be right in the mix with the other decks.  Infernoids is the only deck I struggle with mightily post RATE but everything else is manageable.

+scuzzlebutt    23543

My KM Drago stun deck isn't winning, clearly blue eyes is no longer viable

Lol

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Squiddy    9173

y r ppls hateing at victor lol hes one of the only damn people who are actively contributeing and searching the vast, wide cart pool for new techs and hidden strategies. sure some of them may be less than optimal but others have been genius (ececntrick boy during hat format, etc). the point is we arent going to get anywear with discussion if we dont innovate. and hes been the innovator of the playground for YEARS. i welcome his posts, a lot of them have deeper merit that on the surface. we gotta start from the basics and consider literally everything if we want to craft the most optimal build (|:|) 

• Upvote 12

17 hours ago, Squiddy said:

y r ppls hateing at victor lol hes one of the only damn people who are actively contributeing and searching the vast, wide cart pool for new techs and hidden strategies. sure some of them may be less than optimal but others have been genius (ececntrick boy during hat format, etc). the point is we arent going to get anywear with discussion if we dont innovate. and hes been the innovator of the playground for YEARS. i welcome his posts, a lot of them have deeper merit that on the surface. we gotta start from the basics and consider literally everything if we want to craft the most optimal build (|:|) 

i don't tink anyone really hates him but he posts 1000 cards and techs that are just way worse at doing the job other decks and cards can do with smaller investments.

Just posting bad cards and writing walls of text isn't innovating.  Basically traps going forward are

Barriers 

Strikes

Anti Spell ( eh prob equal to strike )

Grounds/chain diss/apophgraph

warning/vanity

Archtype traps

then everything else . There is little point discussing trap lineups for example. The general idea is discussing things like Dragon Bind is so pointless because 1 : it is an inferior trap to strike and barrier, 2 : Requires an extra situational monster that is not even a floodgate to use. 2 Sub-optimal cards for a sub-optimal setup.

Dark lords can just summon vanity, Metalfoe etc can summon Kirin or mithrium or some good biggie. paleozoic have toadally, Dark Law, So many much better strategies and floodgates that require far fewer cards. What advantage do you get summoning a spirit of white? Stygian Dirge or band plays on,the selection, forbidden apophgraph is even better.

I mean yea, this is like a suicide bomber type deck now if anything, it can do some damage still but generally speaking it lacks the floodgates and turn 1 setup that other decks flatout outmuscle it on. What advantage do you have making a azure eyes when everyone runs kaiju ?

again, suggesting Malefic stardust, that again needs another card to use. BEWD don't even run ravine.

IMO Deck is as Dead as this Website is.

Edited by Ultimate Buffalo
  • Upvote 1

»victor    6399

^ You raise a lot of good points, UB. 

The only card I could think of to play around Kaiju is COTH, as you are able to revive the Synchros or your own Kaiju, or find cards like Stone/Ancients to chain (to destruction) to gain advantage (possibly things like Holding Legs Trunades, etc.). I mean Elvis Vu played Magnet Reverse in ABC for similar reasons.

Again, tapping into DRulers days, another Trap you can play Skill Drain, with Beast King Barbaros, and Forbidden Chalices.

-----------------

The best thing this deck has going for it I think is being able to play Slumber Kaiju engine, and having the monsters to take advantage of it (both LV 1 Tuners and LV 8s for XYZ).

»victor    6399
On 12/25/2016 at 0:30 PM, Ultimate Buffalo said:

again, suggesting Malefic stardust, that again needs another card to use. BEWD don't even run ravine.

For what it's worth, somebody recently Top 8ed the Cardiff regionals with Dragon Ravine and Mausoleum of the Emperor, playing Galaxy Soldier and Arkbrave/Goliath.

https://youtu.be/GOW81RAr4oE

-------------------

That being said, one trend to look out for is how we now have D/D Lamia as a Special Summonable Glow Up Bulb.

And you have a ROTA (Gate) for it, that helps to revive it after, so copies aren't a dead draw.

It's worth noting that it makes LV 9s like Cloudcastle to continue your plays, and Vermillion Dragon Mech floats for the RFGed Lamia.

-----------

Our extra is probably too cramped but one of the plays that isn't possible in the OCG, cuz they don't have Level Eater, is with LV 1 Tuner, Level Eater and BEWD, you can go Formula Synchron into Trishula.

------

Post RATE, I wonder if folks will give this deck a second look because it has cards than innately beat Drancia/Drident like Keeper of the Shrine and Deep-Eyes White Dragon.

I mean with COTH, or something like Limit Reverse, you can Raigeki their field.