Sign in to follow this  
rei

Stranger Things

+rei+    34494

Holy fuck what a great series (i'm only 4 epi in)

perfect envisioning of 80s King + Spielburg, feels so good, looks so good, best music

• Upvote 7

IRLAlex    115

Just finished watching this. It feels very by the numbers in a sense but this also allows it to perfect itself in its minutia as well. Acting was great, char development was good, effects were good and used sparingly enough to feel special each moment. 

Some speculation of future seasons, if so, I'd prefer it to be same universe/different cast. 

On July 23, 2016 at 4:32 PM, IRLAlex said:

Just finished watching this. It feels very by the numbers in a sense but this also allows it to perfect itself in its minutia as well. Acting was great, char development was good, effects were good and used sparingly enough to feel special each moment. 

Some speculation of future seasons, if so, I'd prefer it to be same universe/different cast. 

So basically an anthology similar to american horror story?

i agree

Indignation    2854

I binged watched it within hours of release by accident. Had no idea what it was and clicked on it accidentally trying to watch the 100. Then I was like wow this is interesting. Then 8 hours later it was done lol. Best binged watched show I ever seen on netflix. Freaking amazing. 10/10

• Upvote 1

+Satchmo    3220

Lived up to the hype but I think that's in part because they release the entire series at once and it's digestible in 8 episodes. 

Dustin is my spirit animal 

• Upvote 2

Laser Cat    5612

Good show.

In regards to the ending and future seasons:

Season 2 has already been confirmed and that it will pick up where season 1 left off.

• Upvote 2

Laser Cat    5612

Good show.

In regards to the ending and future seasons:

Season 2 has already been confirmed and that it will pick up where season 1 left off.

Warthog    165

Loved Eleven. 

Great show and can't wait to see what happensb in the future.

I was hoping for a Pennywise to come out of a drain or blood bubble as this is eerily reminded me of It. In a good way.

Aaron    2002

yeah it was like a really good film over x amount of episodes

didn't really like the douchy type character mainly cos he looks like a fucking little weasly twig.. just found it grossly unbelievable how he could be acting like the boss so he was irritating. 

the kids were all really good altho the black one got a tiny bit annoying and paranoid but i guess that was his role. 

really really good, will be exciting to see how they carry this on. i think they easily can with the same cast but its a brave decision as they will likely have to unravel more of the mystery, mainly from the government side of things. 

Aaron    2002

season 2 even better than season 1.

again yeah its basically just a 90s film, with everything thats a bit wrong with 90s film corrected and keeping intact its excellent charm, then brought back to the modern day.   black kid is also not at all annoying this season, his sister is the bomb. the douchey twig turned into possibly my favorite character and his replacement dickhead was actually slightly more tolerable. 

its probably one of my favorite shows of all time at the moment. the episode where they visited kai greene was also quite epic and gave a really nice contrast and world building. has to be up there with the wire and GOT for me for very different reasons. its just pure quality. 

a few characters went through dead ends (namely the hot sister + the nerd) but really.. its just hard to critisise a show which juggled multiple plot lines and managed to keep them all very relevant. If was being super arsey I'd say the douche and the ginger girl were a  bit redundant to the main plot, but fuck it, not everyone has to be pivotal to the end point and they did help pad out some of the earlier episodes to keep them interesting and absorbing from a high school perspective. 

Edited by Aaron