Sign in to follow this  
NB96

Justice League

NB96    809

A lighter tone than BvS, looks really cool to me, Almost like a Marvel film in a way. I've been waiting for this. I hope they have some witty dialogue though. Looks like Green Lantern might be reduced to a cameo at the end though.

• Upvote 1

»Paxman    4776
9 hours ago, Tygo said:

Since when is Peter Parker Barry Allen? 

Seems like an amalgamation of Wally and Barry.

Indignation    2854

I think they announced this was the tone they were going to have with the flash when they announced the actor way back. They wanted the flash to be that piece that keeps some comic relief or something like that in the story since the other characters were too serious (at least back then).

NB96    809

Came out a couple days ago but I forgot to post it.

Looks cool. Not too sure about Aquaman though.

Faint    5571

Time to stop. This looks bad.

• Upvote 1

Aaron    1969

Not liking affleck's batman still. I think hes just distinctly average and not memorable at all. His Bruce doesn't seem that charismatic and after Bale's angry vengeful Batman and Keaton's excellent Bruce Wayne, his just seems like a crap mix of the two. 

I think DC should really go back to the drawing board early with Batman and fix the issues (poor villain development, poor villain casting, final fights dragging the fuck out) with Wonder Woman as she has a fuck load of potential. Flash seems like he'll be the comedic relief character wise. 

Watching the trailer, the most captivating thing about it is Galdot who has pretty much nailed a modern Wonder Woman. 

• Upvote 1

»Tygo    14094

Flash movie potentially being flashpoint is both exciting and worrying all at once especially with how he's seen in these trailers. 

Faint    5571
On 7/31/2017 at 2:51 PM, Tygo said:

Flash movie potentially being flashpoint is both exciting and worrying all at once especially with how he's seen in these trailers. 

Considering weve seen grant gustin do it excellently im very concerned

NB96    809

Comes out this Friday.

Most nom-spoiler reviews I've read say the film is mediocre, although the Telegraph gave it 1/5. CGI supposedly bad and they don't explore Cyborg's character much at all. Maybe they should have left him to the Teen Titans instead.

Maybe Ben Affleck is right to try and back out of playing Batman. Sad part is that even if this sucks I know I'll be there to watch the Batman film and Wonder Woman 2 anyway.

Bring on Avengers 3 I guess.

• Sad 1

Mr Dragon    295

Honestly I'm expecting this to be a more or less OK 2 hour advert for the 3 hour blu-ray version that'll probably be entertaining.

Faint    5571
23 hours ago, NB96 said:

Comes out this Friday.

Most nom-spoiler reviews I've read say the film is mediocre, although the Telegraph gave it 1/5. CGI supposedly bad and they don't explore Cyborg's character much at all. Maybe they should have left him to the Teen Titans instead.

Maybe Ben Affleck is right to try and back out of playing Batman. Sad part is that even if this sucks I know I'll be there to watch the Batman film and Wonder Woman 2 anyway.

Bring on Avengers 3 I guess.

I mean I hate to say I told you so, but I don't really know what else you could've expected to be honest

Faint    5571

So i got offered a free ticket for this and went 

My god im glad i didnt pay

It is as dreadful as youd expect

NB96    809

I read a second 1/5 review yesterday. Fuck this.

Also apprently Joss Whedon liked a tweet saying Steppenwolf is a terrible villain. He probably knew the film sucked even before it came out, same with Ben Affleck.

The Flash is supposed to be an adaptation of the Flashpoint story. Maybe that's what they need; use that as an excuse to change everything from actors to directors and try desperately to course correct.

Edited by NB96

Mr Dragon    295

Saw the film. It's like a 4/10 that could have been a 6-7/10 if they hadn't massacred it in the editing room. The film sort of operates on leaps of logic and it's just rushed, obviously because Warner Bros. mandated that it had to be cut down by an hour. You can tell two people had their hands on this film as well because Joss Whedon is just a much more competent filmmaker than Zack Snyder is, so even when he's trying to imitate Snyder's cinematography it's pretty blatantly Whedon doing it. There's also large swathes of character stuff obviously missing, awkward scene transitions, scenes that visually look like they're from one of 40 different films and moments where you can tell lines of dialogue were originally meant to be but aren't. The visual stuff of this film is also sort of ugly.

Ezra Miller is extremely good as this version of Barry Allen though (Flashpoint actually looks like a pretty good film), and Jason Momoa saves this version of Aquaman from being annoying as fuck. The Superman stuff is actually entertaining as well.  Everything else about the film is basically functional, but nothing special.

This is basically The Amazing Spider-Man 2 all over again, a mediocre film that could have actually been good had the studio not fucked it up, outside of the obvious fact that Marc Webb is a better filmmaker than Snyder. I guess if this gets a directors cut it'll probably be worth watching on Blu-ray but if you're hesitant about watching it don't go to see it.

Edited by Mr Dragon
  • Thanks 1

NB96    809

The Flash was awful, holy crap. The way he runs is very goofy. He's suposed to be the comic relief but he's not very funny. How on Earth are they going to do Flashpoint in the very first Flash film?

Cut scenes where you could tell there was meant to be a little more dialogue. Needed 30 more mins. Cool cameo by a certain character.

CGI was also total crap on Cyborg, Steppenwolf and The Flash. Really let the film down. No character development for the villain, nor did I feel I learned that much about Cyborg. Aquaman wasn't as bad as I feared.

Ending was a little unsatisfactory; villain defeated and... film's over? The world just got invaded by aliens, correct? Should be a bigger deal imo.

2-3/5. Affleck wasn't as good as in BvS either.

Edited by NB96

Faint    5571

More importantly...when did Louis Lane lose her teleportation powers?

N e J i    897

I don't think this is nowhere nearly as problematic as many make it out to be. It's formulaic and bland but that's most superhero films these days. The thing about copying the Marvel formula is that because they can't do it like Marvel, it exposes the weaknesses that people are usually willing to overlook. Because I tend not to, I guess I didn't find this to be terrible.

But yeah, DC needs to rethink their approach. I really liked Wonder Woman but the character and the actress are both so fresh and charismatic that those 2 factors alone are almost enough to carry a (the) movie. The movie was charming and innovative by virtue of the circumstances (WW1 movie about a female super-hero) and I'm pretty sure future movies will have a hard time coming up with such a unique set of characteristics. On an individual basis, I prefer the Justice League characters to the Avengers so it's kinda disappointing that DC isn't able to capitalize on that. I guess benching Zack Snyder as head of the DCU is a good start.

On a side note, the superhero movie release calendar until 2020 is insane. Saying fatigue is starting to cripple into the public is an understatement.