Francis J Underwood

The 2016 DG Fantasy Football Thread

What Site Should We Use For The League  

10 members have voted

1. 1. What Site Should We Use For The League

2. 2. PPR/Standard?

3. 3. Small Prize Pot with Entry Fee?

42 minutes ago, Jazz said:

I think this is actually a pretty decent Week 17 for fantasy. The only teams you can't play guys from are the Giants, Texans and Steelers.

https://playbook.draftkings.com/nfl/week-17-motivation

uhhh those are the teams you probably want to play most because they will be playing cheap backups the entire time. 

Jazz    5323
39 minutes ago, Francis J Underwood said:

uhhh those are the teams you probably want to play most because they will be playing cheap backups the entire time. 

Backup RBs, sure. I would play Alfred Blue or Fitzgerald Toussaint I suppose. Not into any of those team's WRs though.

Jazz    5323

Anyone playing NFL DFS this weekend? It's really the last good slate of the year.

I want to play these stacks:

Alex Smith + Travis Kelce

Aaron Rodgers + Davante Adams

Tyreek Hill + Chiefs DST

Edited by Jazz

Jazz    5323

Profited 2X on the division round slate because I had a ton of Dion Lewis and Dez Bryant. I even had them in cash.

Championship week might be the most playable NFL DFS slate we've ever had. I wasn't going to play, but with the 4 teams that advanced, I'm definitely playing now.

Jazz    5323

Just withdrew all my money since the NFL season is officially over, and I don't have time to learn NBA.

Put $300 in the start the season, withdrew $1146 today. Disappointed because at one point around week 12 I was at $1800, but poor bankroll management did me in--I was playing too high of a volume and lost about $800 in a single week. Made a small amount back to close out the season, but not a ton.

Learned a lot this year, hopefully the new scoring format is fun (FD+DK are merging, so we'll see). I am way better at FD than DK. Put $100 into DK around Thanksgiving and lost it all.

43 minutes ago, Jazz said:

Just withdrew all my money since the NFL season is officially over, and I don't have time to learn NBA.

Put $300 in the start the season, withdrew $1146 today. Disappointed because at one point around week 12 I was at $1800, but poor bankroll management did me in--I was playing too high of a volume and lost about $800 in a single week. Made a small amount back to close out the season, but not a ton.

Learned a lot this year, hopefully the new scoring format is fun (FD+DK are merging, so we'll see). I am way better at FD than DK. Put $100 into DK around Thanksgiving and lost it all.

Personally draftkings has the far superior format imo (not as TD dependent as FD), but their interface is ass. Still 800 profit with shitty BR management is impressive. Good job. 

Jazz    5323
33 minutes ago, Francis J Underwood said:

Personally draftkings has the far superior format imo (not as TD dependent as FD), but their interface is ass. Still 800 profit with shitty BR management is impressive. Good job. 

I agree that the DK format is objectively superior (flex >>> kicker), but I never got a feel for the pricing and how to construct a winning lineup.

28 minutes ago, Jazz said:

I agree that the DK format is objectively superior (flex >>> kicker), but I never got a feel for the pricing and how to construct a winning lineup.

yeah the pricing is annoying because the algorithim isn't as tight as FD. 

PPR is a major swing on this site. Generally, I look for 

Teams that pass the ball almost exclusive (Det, NE, etc.... ) 

Receivers with a large market share (same as FD except guys like Keenan Allen and Edelman get a bump) 

Pass catching backs (woodhead) 

it also helps to check pricing disparities between the site for potential value. There are websites for this 

Edited by Francis J Underwood

Jazz    5323

I'm really curious about what they're going to do after the merger. Do they go with the best format, the most popular format, or do they make up a new one? This summer and next season should be very interesting to say the least. But for now I am happy to take a break from fantasy sports, it kind of burns you out a bit.

Jazz    5323

Oh, I wanted to try Draft but I never did this season. Seems like a cool idea in theory, but IDK if it's something you can consistently make money off of like regular DFS.

21 hours ago, Jazz said:

Oh, I wanted to try Draft but I never did this season. Seems like a cool idea in theory, but IDK if it's something you can consistently make money off of like regular DFS.

I assume you mean draftkings. Given that ppr is more consistent than td dependent FD, you certainly can. 

Jazz    5323
22 minutes ago, Francis J Underwood said:

I assume you mean draftkings. Given that ppr is more consistent than td dependent FD, you certainly can. 

Draft =/= DK

It's DFS + snake drafting. Came out this past season I think.

https://playdraft.com/

• Upvote 1

Jazz    5323
2 minutes ago, iSlickz said:

like that seems to good to be true

I'm sure there's a rake like any DFS game

Joe.    4932

Bump. Ready to start talking about next year.

• Upvote 2

ZeroPassion    706
3 hours ago, Francis J Underwood said:

I can make a new thread if you want. 

i will probably join and will draft a kicker within the first 6 rounds like i did when i won a league the first time i tried

• Upvote 1