1x Titanic

1x Heliopolis

1x Felgrand

1x Alsei

1x Giant Grinder

1x Dracosack

1x Big eye

1x Photon Strike Bounzer

This deck is with tcg in mind, I’m just testing out the new stuff.

The new darklord cards are very powerful. All of the monsters are like nekroz in that they have an effect on the field and one in the hand. Some are better than others, but each have their uses. Also, running all of them helps as each one can only be ss’d once per turn and use their effect once per turn. Not to mention it allows you to xyz with monsters stolen with temptation. The best ones are the ones ran at 3. The lvl 10 digs into the deck and set-ups the grave. The level 7 is the only one you can actually summon and gives the deck more plays. Being a quick effect allows you to immediately start to recur advantage once you summon him. He is also a nice way to play around something like titanic as the deck relies on altar, which is once per turn, to summon things. The lvl 9 protects your monsters from destruction and does not activate. This means you if they raigeki you, you can chain one of your guys and add him to discard. The lvl 6 is good for manipulation the fairy count and retrieving s/t. If you add it back with Kristya you can add back a s/t essentially. The spells are self-explanatory and allow you to build up resources due to the shuffle back mechanic.

The traps are very powerful. None target and they turn all your guys into trap monsters. Temptation can act as a threatening roar on a bad hand to an otk piece in a good one. It allows you to out anything like stormforth does for monarchs. Stuff that is normally tricky to deal with, like DD, you can just steal, beatdown, and xyz/tribute away.

The main strength of darklords is their ability to play during the opponent’s turn, not weak to hand traps, and Kristya. Kristya is a very powerful card. At face value it is a floodgate, but it is actually a recovery card for the deck too. You can establish a strong board and whether they break it or not you can drop it next turn and add something back. Since you can recycle your traps you don’t even need to run over something they summoned. I find myself summoning it through its effect quite a bit and it seems better to hold it to ‘seal the deal’. This also creates a conflict for your opponent. They may need to waste an out on your initial set-up instead of Kristya and may be put into a  lose/lose situation right off the bat.

I recorded some duels of how the deck functions. You go first so the opponents don’t matter much: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RY9Q36rijDo

• Upvote 1

DarkestOne    0

Has soul charge ever been dead for you? I feel like the deck pays too much life for soul charge to be consistent.

Also, no lucifer? As a 1-of he's at least searchable and can outright win games. The lifepoint gain effect is very necessary too imo

foofatron    38

If you have soul charge you should win. There are some situations where it is better to not use it but those are the minority and generally you're in a winning position anyway. It also helps to play around opposing trap monsters like void ogre or D/D guy just like the lvl 7 does. Since you can make extra deck monsters/Kristya it is sort of equivalent to using darklord effects, which you would have payed lp for anyway. If your lp get low tarantula allows you to otk. It is a raigeki on legs and can boost your guys to 8000+ if you get down in lp.

I don't like Lucifer because he is difficult to resolve if your opponent has a good field/disruption. It takes too much investment for it to be good and also does nothing t1.

Near N    4

the deck lacks normal summons monsters so u can try monsters like cyber stein to make exetrio( in case if u want to play under ocg list ) 

u can play armageddon knight or kuribandit in the tcg since both at 3 as i said the deck lacks normal summons and its good to setup the graveyard so arma would be great , i dont like kuri that much because its so slow. 

valhala is quite popular in ocg now since u can summon ur fairy monsters easily or just drop kristya after u make a board of darklords monsters.

foofatron    38

I wasn't a fan of bandit either as going second with it is just one less card. I've never had a problem with not seeing monsters so I've never considered arma. 

Valhalla seemed kind of pointless to me. Going first it is 1 less card and as long as you didn't brick you'll get your monsters onto the board. It may help drop Kristya more often since you can leave stuff in the grave and boost the count, but I'm not confident that those % of games are worth the -1. I haven't felt that you need to drop it t1 if you win the die roll either. I've been testing under ocg, still getting used to it, but even when they dark hole me they still don't do much if I have traps set. Not to mention the lvl 9.

It doesn't seem great going second either. If they have a lockdown board none of the darklords will be able to run over any trap monsters bar treataod so it is also a -1. After facing the new hero deck a bit I have considered it though. Lava golem still seems good as 2 trap monsters are impossible to overcome otherwise (abc + infinity, darklaw + toad, crystal + DD, etc).

Cyber stein seems pretty good, because you can back it up and then just go for game. Do some people still play that wyrm thing to out exterio?

This is the ocg list I was trying: http://imgur.com/a/0h4V2

Not sure about the number of lvl 9 or 6 ot run but this ran pretty smooth. The lvl 6 is very helpful in being able to summon Kristya, although at that point extras might not be any better than a Valhalla. The only issues I ran into was anti-spell, darklaw, and multiple trap monsters. Darklaw just is a hard counter to the deck, but on the bright side if you go first you should win.

• Upvote 1

Near N    4
37 minutes ago, foofatron said:

I wasn't a fan of bandit either as going second with it is just one less card. I've never had a problem with not seeing monsters so I've never considered arma. 

Valhalla seemed kind of pointless to me. Going first it is 1 less card and as long as you didn't brick you'll get your monsters onto the board. It may help drop Kristya more often since you can leave stuff in the grave and boost the count, but I'm not confident that those % of games are worth the -1. I haven't felt that you need to drop it t1 if you win the die roll either. I've been testing under ocg, still getting used to it, but even when they dark hole me they still don't do much if I have traps set. Not to mention the lvl 9.

It doesn't seem great going second either. If they have a lockdown board none of the darklords will be able to run over any trap monsters bar treataod so it is also a -1. After facing the new hero deck a bit I have considered it though. Lava golem still seems good as 2 trap monsters are impossible to overcome otherwise (abc + infinity, darklaw + toad, crystal + DD, etc).

Cyber stein seems pretty good, because you can back it up and then just go for game. Do some people still play that wyrm thing to out exterio?

This is the ocg list I was trying: http://imgur.com/a/0h4V2

Not sure about the number of lvl 9 or 6 ot run but this ran pretty smooth. The lvl 6 is very helpful in being able to summon Kristya, although at that point extras might not be any better than a Valhalla. The only issues I ran into was anti-spell, darklaw, and multiple trap monsters. Darklaw just is a hard counter to the deck, but on the bright side if you go first you should win.

they still play the wyrm monster "dragolich" but not that much since most play abc now so the side focus more on the deck , people side santa  to out floodmonsters like exterio and dealing with abc buster infinity  , and ye i agree with u on the stein point its good cuz u can otk in the next turn exterio + darklord + kristya t1 is def game.

i liked ur list its looks pretty good better than the first one since u have discard stuff like card des and foolish 

about the side deck the problem in lava is its a bit risky i prefer siding santa or kaiju gameciel cuz alot of players now dropped galaxy soldiers from ABC ( maxx c hurt ) so u usually u will face 1 monster with alot of traps thats y i prefer santa , kaiju will be legal next month tho . the rest of side is cool except denko its not that good OCG format focus on combo decks alot some combo decks run a small amount of traps but i dont see the reason to play denko only the deck u can side it against is abc but its still not great anti-spell is the most used trap its also bad against metal even tho the deck run alot of traps ( kirin can bounce back) ,  i would play cosmic cyclone to out the anti spell instead its also good against metal since u stop the traps from recycling .

maining twin also a choice to get ride of antispell and other traps g1.

DukeLukewarm    121

As it is this deck can probably give masonry lessons to Monarchs because I haven't seen a rate of just straight unplayable hands in a long time.

I'm sure the higher amount of draw cards the OCG has helps with that but here I'm pretty sure a different approach will be needed. And I'm pretty certain that cards like Advance Draw which already require setup just to advance you to your setup are not the answer.

Also in a deck like this where extra deck access outside of your choice R8s will be really limited it seems criminal not to include some ghost reapers to cripple the big ED boss reliant decks of the OCG meta. Especially since none of the non lv8s can be summoned in multiples. So cluttering the ED with random R7s and R6s seems kind of pointless to me. But then again I haven't done that much testing with this deck since I was turned off too hard initially by all the bricking with just about every list I tried. How often do Xyz plays with monsters stolen by Temptation come up?

foofatron    38

I think Kaijus would be the way to go then.

The biggest flaw of the deck I've noticed is that your effects require you to go neg before you +. Strike can make you lose two cards off Ixtab, trade-in, etc. Kaijus work with trade-in and can be used to xyz if you have multiple so you don't have to worry about them clogging going second. 

Metals is definitely hard to go second against. Temptation is a good card vs. Kirin. If they leave it on the field, even if they used the effect, you can bounce it and something else back to the hand since the restriction is to the player. Also the reason I play strike bounzer as if they don't know that you can probably win from it. Other than that, you have to either otk them or drop Kristya. R10's are very good in that match-up as gustav and tarantuala allow you to go for the kill, often when you would lose if they had another turn.

@Duke

I don't like advance draw going second but tcg wise there isn't must to choose from. Not to mention, it isn't much different from trade-in vs. trap monsters. Your hand would have to already be good to play through trade-in getting negated and be able to clear their stuff. It does work wonders when you're going first though, or when you can get a superbia through. It also makes a huge difference in being able to turbo through stuff in the tcg. It converts your free field advantage into hand advantage and allows you to manipulate stuff with Kristya. One of my favorite interactions is clearing Kristya and going for game/ a big push and then re-summoning it. Ocg has upstart and card destruction so it isn't needed. However, I ran it over the third cupidity because if your deck is allowed to play you often see another copy and 2 extra cards will likely solidify your position.

Maybe a conversion side could work. Turbo for 1st and kaiju xyz for 2nd. Never sided reaper because online is pretty randy. I'd definitely side it for a tournament.

As far as bricking goes, it seems like a tcg problem. I've had very little trouble playing it in the ocg. The reason why the deck bricks is because it is very reliant on the search spell. Games you see it are vastly different from the ones you don't. I've tested lightsworn and they helped to see the spell card and they probably could be swapped in over advance draw, maybe even run 2 solar recharge. My only gripe with them is if the 3 copies of the spell aren't in the top 10 cards of your deck they're kind of pointless. In other builds I've just decided to main 3 maxx and go second because the extra card helps.

Near N    4
14 hours ago, foofatron said:

I think Kaijus would be the way to go then.

The biggest flaw of the deck I've noticed is that your effects require you to go neg before you +. Strike can make you lose two cards off Ixtab, trade-in, etc. Kaijus work with trade-in and can be used to xyz if you have multiple so you don't have to worry about them clogging going second. 

Metals is definitely hard to go second against. Temptation is a good card vs. Kirin. If they leave it on the field, even if they used the effect, you can bounce it and something else back to the hand since the restriction is to the player. Also the reason I play strike bounzer as if they don't know that you can probably win from it. Other than that, you have to either otk them or drop Kristya. R10's are very good in that match-up as gustav and tarantuala allow you to go for the kill, often when you would lose if they had another turn.

@Duke

I don't like advance draw going second but tcg wise there isn't must to choose from. Not to mention, it isn't much different from trade-in vs. trap monsters. Your hand would have to already be good to play through trade-in getting negated and be able to clear their stuff. It does work wonders when you're going first though, or when you can get a superbia through. It also makes a huge difference in being able to turbo through stuff in the tcg. It converts your free field advantage into hand advantage and allows you to manipulate stuff with Kristya. One of my favorite interactions is clearing Kristya and going for game/ a big push and then re-summoning it. Ocg has upstart and card destruction so it isn't needed. However, I ran it over the third cupidity because if your deck is allowed to play you often see another copy and 2 extra cards will likely solidify your position.

Maybe a conversion side could work. Turbo for 1st and kaiju xyz for 2nd. Never sided reaper because online is pretty randy. I'd definitely side it for a tournament.

As far as bricking goes, it seems like a tcg problem. I've had very little trouble playing it in the ocg. The reason why the deck bricks is because it is very reliant on the search spell. Games you see it are vastly different from the ones you don't. I've tested lightsworn and they helped to see the spell card and they probably could be swapped in over advance draw, maybe even run 2 solar recharge. My only gripe with them is if the 3 copies of the spell aren't in the top 10 cards of your deck they're kind of pointless. In other builds I've just decided to main 3 maxx and go second because the extra card helps.

i think going second is abit risky alot of shit to deal with sometimes u cant play going second 

alot of players using small engine of ba in ocg now with speedroids ( just the neceessary ba farfa graf cir ) as duke said u have alot of space in the extra.

also ur problem is the traps if u get hit by strike as u said u just lose i think the ba engine is good since u have good rank3s to force opp traps "super quant rank3" 

foofatron    38
1 hour ago, Near N said:

i think going second is abit risky alot of shit to deal with sometimes u cant play going second 

alot of players using small engine of ba in ocg now with speedroids ( just the neceessary ba farfa graf cir ) as duke said u have alot of space in the extra.

also ur problem is the traps if u get hit by strike as u said u just lose i think the ba engine is good since u have good rank3s to force opp traps "super quant rank3" 

It was something I tried for a tcg build. It worked fine against monster boards because maxx and kaiju's would prevent/out them. Traps were a problem, but something sided for.

Haven't tried ba. Same principle as ls, but gives you more options so it is better going second. I'm not keen on giving up two cards to mill 3 though.

I haven't noticed much of an issue vs. traps with the ocg list I posted. You can generally play through 1 strike fine; I've been able to play through Ixtab getting negated every time so far. Even if they have multiple strikes it is fine because it likely means they didn't establish a good board. Multiple negations when they have a board is a problem. I've been able to play through crystal wing + Sig once but you need to already have a good hand independent of Ixtab/trade-in.

I don't know about tcg, but ocg builds definitely do not need to go the trap route. They can be consistent so I think they should just go that route. It makes going second worse and makes the deck weaker to things like abc, treatoad, etc since they can get two negations/banishes before you attempt to play. I've tried calls/oasis a lot but I've come to dislike them. The monsters don't do anything without the s/t. Without the search spell you have to hope you can just win off your disruption and don't have much of a choice in the plays you make. I'd rather play twister, duster, kaijus, etc to out what they have and then play.

• Upvote 1

Near N    4
6 hours ago, foofatron said:

It was something I tried for a tcg build. It worked fine against monster boards because maxx and kaiju's would prevent/out them. Traps were a problem, but something sided for.

Haven't tried ba. Same principle as ls, but gives you more options so it is better going second. I'm not keen on giving up two cards to mill 3 though.

I haven't noticed much of an issue vs. traps with the ocg list I posted. You can generally play through 1 strike fine; I've been able to play through Ixtab getting negated every time so far. Even if they have multiple strikes it is fine because it likely means they didn't establish a good board. Multiple negations when they have a board is a problem. I've been able to play through crystal wing + Sig once but you need to already have a good hand independent of Ixtab/trade-in.

I don't know about tcg, but ocg builds definitely do not need to go the trap route. They can be consistent so I think they should just go that route. It makes going second worse and makes the deck weaker to things like abc, treatoad, etc since they can get two negations/banishes before you attempt to play. I've tried calls/oasis a lot but I've come to dislike them. The monsters don't do anything without the s/t. Without the search spell you have to hope you can just win off your disruption and don't have much of a choice in the plays you make. I'd rather play twister, duster, kaijus, etc to out what they have and then play.

ye i dont like the trap version too 

metal establish big board using gofu stein along with 1-2 negations alot of time thats why i dont like going second but in the same time u have to consider it since u cant win rps everytime 

thatts why i think handstraps ( ogre+maxx)  and kaijus r good 

i watched ur duels on niconico tho pretty good video

NB96    841

I realize this is Foofatron's personal deck thread but I figured I'd put my list up here since this is basically the only Darklord thread on the site and maybe if they deck becomes good in the TCG people might migrate over to this thread and transform it into a discussion thread. I've mainly been paying attention to the OCG decks which is why you see me posting about ABC, D/D/D, Treatoad etc. I just find it more enjoyable to explore the upcoming cards than the same old decks we've had for a while now.

zM0JeIt.jpg?1

3x Darklord Ixtab
3x Darklord Superbia
3x Darklord Zerato
3x Archlord Kristya
3x Darklord Mastema
3x Vanity's Fiend
2x Maxx "C"

3x Allure of Darkness
3x Altar of the Darklords
3x Pot of Cupidity
3x Trade-In
1x Soul Charge
1x Upstart Goblin
3x Casting Out the Darklords

2x Darklords Falling from Grace
1 Vanity's Emptiness

The first thing I try to do after learning the basics of the deck is try to streamline it. I tried to cut out all the clump and only play the best cards the archetype has to offer.

For the monsters I maxed out on what I think are all the most useful Darklords for various reasons.

• Ixtab provides draw power for the deck. I think lots of people play draw cards in their deck thinking that "draw power" is a good thing because drawing cards is good, so you should play cards that let you draw. But draw power only matters when you have something to draw into. I've said before that I think the meta this deck will be involved in will be all about turn 1, because all the relevant decks (ABC, Blue-Eyes, D/D/D, Darklords, HERO, Metalfoes, Water etc) have turn 1 auto-wins. So draw power serves the purpose of letting you get to your own auto-wins as consistently as possible, since at this point in the game every deck is fast and powerful enough to win on their first turn. Ixtab also sets up your combos with Superbia and Altar of the Darklords, so it helps get your engine going. Being a level 10 is convenient since there are a handful of really cool rank 10's, including Superdreadnought Rail Cannon Super Dora who boasts ridiculous stats and protects itself from card effects.
  • Superbia is the raw power of the deck. Being a level 8 is handy because there are quite a few powerful rank 8 Xyz monsters to go into if you want. Although this deck doesn't use the extra deck that much, including the best rank 8 options is probably wise for Superbia. The card is part of the bread and butter combo of the deck; get this and another Darklord monster into the grave then use Altar of the Darklord to revive Superbia, who gets the other one. From there you can use their effects on the field to stun the opponent thanks to the trap.
  • Zerato is hugely important for consistency, as is Superbia in my opinion. Both cards share 3 main factors that make them important:
    1) Have "Darklord" in their names, so you can discard them to draw for Ixtab, Mastema or Darklords Falling from Grace.
    2) Are Dark-attribute, so you can banish them for Allure of Darkness.
    3) Are level 8, so you can discard them for Trade-In.

So Zerato and Superbia are almost never dead in your hand, especially since Casting Out the Darklords searches the three Darklord cards that combo in the hand with them. Additionally Zerato being a level 8 is convenient as it lets you make a quick rank 8 going first if you don't have the support of a Kristya or Vanity's Fiend to back you up.
  • Archlord Kristya has synergy in the deck for 3 main reasons:
    1) It's level 8 for Trade-In.
    2) It's Fairy-type for Superbia.
    3) The Darklord monsters are also all Fairy's, so you can meet the conditions to special summon Archlord Kristya easily.

Archlord Kristya (and Vanity's Fiend) both provide something the deck needs to compete in the meta, those being auto-wins. You can't use a Kaiju on either of them, so most decks would rely on drawing outs such as Dark Hole and Raigeki. Whether these cards will see maindeck play is debatable.
  • Mastema is highly useful for setting up combos. Discarding 2 Darklords to summon him seems like a hefty cost, but the deck runs 13 Darklord monsters, alongside 8 Darklord spell/trap cards. You might not want to discard 2 at first but you have to consider that he sets up Superbia and Altar of the Darklords very well, so in many cases you're simply transferring your hand advantage into field control, which is important in a meta where auto-wins determine matches.
  • Vanity's Fiend seemed like the next best thing because I couldn't rely on Archlord Kristya alone to provide me with auto-wins. The other decks can do it consistently but thanks to Altar of the Darklords, this deck can provide the necessary tribute fodder for him. I lifted the idea from OCG players and transferred it over to my own list. It's not perfect but right now the deck needs something to ensure the game is won, and if you don't draw Archlord Kristya this is the next best thing. Maybe I'll test alternatives like Vanity's Ruler as well since it's one-sided, so you can continue to build your board while you control it but we'll see.
  • Maxx "C" is just the staple hand trap right now to try and prevent yourself from losing to auto-win hands. Being able to deter decks from dropping Bahamut Shark, Treatoad, ABC Dragon Buster, Crystal Wing Synchro Dragon or D/D/D Cursed King Siegfried etc is the difference between winning and losing.

I don't think the spell and trap choices need that much explanation compared to the monsters. I'll go over the choices very briefly but for the most part, they're obvious.

• Allure obviously lets me dig into my deck and it will never be dead since so many of these monsters are Dark-attribute. It simply adds consistency to the deck.
  • Altar of the Darklords is the main combo piece of the deck and sets up a several different directions you can go with regards to developing the appropriate board for the situation. Being searchable by Casting out the Darklords is super fortunate.
  • Pot of Desires is a staple in almost every deck in the game right now. My list plays 3 copies of most cards in the deck so I don't have to worry about banishing crucial one-ofs, or all copies of key cards since the probability of that happening is low.
  • Trade-In is another route to put Superbia, Zerato and Kristya into the graveyard to be revived by Superbia's effect, Altar of the Darklords or by Soul Charge.
  • Soul Charge is an auto-win card, and it gets set up easily by Ixtab, Mastema and Trade-In so there's no reason not to run it.
  • Upstart Goblin increases consistency, there's not much I can say about the card that hasn't already been said 1000 times over.
  • Casting Out the Darklords searches out every Darklord card in the deck so it massively boosts consistency and lets you get whichever card you need for the situation. It helps set up Altar of the Darklords really nicely by searching Ixtab to put things in the graveyard, or by getting you a Superbia so you can build a strong field.
  • Darklords Falling from Grace was my preferred choice over Darklords Temptation. It has a greater variety of applications so the card is useful in more game states. The Darklord monster effects only require you to fulfill the effect of your Darklord spell/trap card, so you don't have to pay the cost of sending a Darklord from you hand or field to the graveyard when you return it from the deck with a Darklord monsters' effect. I'd probably side multiple Temptations because in certain matchups (for example Kozmo) I think it would be powerful for setting up OTK's since Darklords' Temptation lets you steal their monsters for Xyz's, or just to attack for extra damage. But Darklords Falling from Grace has more versatility across the board and provides the same level of disruption in my opinion, so I think the card more appropriate in the main with Darklords' Temptation in the side.
  • Vanity's Emptiness is a staple in probably all combo decks at this point. The card wins games singlehandedly when you make a field on turn 1. The game would be healthier with this card banned outright.

I'm mostly happy with the list, the only thing I'd change is maybe swapping a trap for a Ghost Ogre & Snow Rabbit since I can use it going second to save myself from an auto-loss. I just thought that being able to resolve Darklords Falling from Grace twice in one turn (thanks to the Darklords' on-field effects) is so valuable that it's probably worth runnign multiples just to be more likely to do so. Vanity's Emptiness is a card that is just way too powerful to give up and you win most times you draw the card, so I find it difficult to come up with good enough theory to justify cutting this card.

»canasian    4105

I think triple Kristya is going to contribute to bricks, Fiend is less likely to be a dead card (you're tribute summoning Kristya way more often than you're having exactly 4 fairies in the grave).

With all the searching and drawing this deck does (you have a rota for your destiny draw wtf Konami) you can play just 1 and see it plenty, and if you banish it with Desires you still have Fiend as a plenty suitable alternative 

I tend to agree with trimming down the number of Darklords played but 0 Amduseus and 3 Mastema seems like the wrong way to go about it, I was pretty happy with 1 of each 

• Upvote 1

»canasian    4105

Also I know people love reducing Pot of Desires down to a statistics game which I'm just not good at but again, this deck can dig through itself so efficiently that I think 2 Desires is going to be better than 3 because using your last draw card hoping to hit 2 good cards and getting a dead Desires can really suck

NB96    841

I think the Train version of this deck could have a future after RATE. Foolish Burial of Belongings could be a boost to the deck if you emphasize rank 10. You get to play plenty of Kaiju's which are great in the meta.

Just dump Interrupted Kaiju Slumber to search and get over any threats. But also running the level 10 Kaiju (forget the name, Lightningstrike I think?) to be summoned off Slumber, or stolen by Darklords' Temptation to make rank 10's more easily through Ixtab.

Gameciel also makes rank 8's with Superbia, and Radian makes rank 7's with Mastema.

Not relevant on release but maybe there's some exploring to be done.