Tygo

Seven Deadly Sins

Faint    5859

what a great chapter

say's so much about how good the writing is that I can still feel sympathy for fraudulin, despite all of the awful things he's done 

cold/heartless/evil medliodas is great, and time to make gowther evil again too.

still haven't seen zeldris battle, I hope they dont go "lol let escanor oneshot him" 

• Upvote 1

»Tygo    14121

what a twist I guess? At least they're quickly getting these two up to speed with everyone else.

• Upvote 1

Faint    5859

Yeah it was really good.

Next ep will likely show their backstories. Dolor/Glox only joined the 10c because meliodas killed the other 2 when he betrayed them initially, so my guess is that it was all part of an elaborate plan to ruin the 10c from the inside. Dolor and Glox gonna get ruined by Zeldris though for betraying the 10 commandments.

Most interesting part is Gowther, the last seen we saw was him saying "I am Gowther of Selflessness of the 10 commandments" GET HYPE

Faint    5859
1 hour ago, Tygo said:

Main story next week. 

??

»Tygo    14121

The little side stories came out and the last page said next week the main story kicks back up again. 

Faint    5859

@Tygo this basically confirms that arc 3 will be versus the godess clan

Possibly even teaming up with some of the 10 commandments 

• Upvote 2

Faint    5859

@Tygo 

Gowther :'(

Like idc about rou and gloxinas sister though, just want the trial to end now

Archangels vs commandments was awesome though

• Upvote 1

»Tygo    14121

Yeah I just want this to end with kind and Diane's power up already. This is dragging. Not terrible, but a little slow. This rage is probably king's test. One more chap on that, two more for Diane, then hopefully that's it. 

Faint    5859

i expect we'll still see meliodas vs zeldris in this flashback so i reckon they'll be another 10 chapters or so of this flashback :(

»Tygo    14121

Horrifying and depressing. Good chap. 

Faint    5859

brutal

though i thought it was cool seeing the demon king and godess queen

»Tygo    14121

Yeah my thoughts exactly. 

Faint    5859

My god

My god my god my god

I soooo hope that this fight reaches its potential and doesnt oneshot or have a quick kill

I dont want either of them to even nearly overpower the other

»Tygo    14121

this is happening so fast I don't trust it yet. Holding back the hype. 

Faint    5859

Anyone else still on this, @Tygo @PSK?

Im up to date, i have a very strong feelong estarosa is gonna shape up to be a ridiculous final boss in the 10c ark with his indura form, the whole segment with him and zeldoris' trainer proves that

Merescyla fivht was lame, and i hate what nabaka is doing with power levels, especially when it was mel vs escanor - it has just made characters like gillthunder etc completely pointless

»PSK    4447

ye unfortunately im still reading this 

every bit of character development in the manga now is: person gains old memories and therefore is now both stronger and has solved the struggle they were facing. its cool to get to see their pasts but this arc is basically "this character had this secret past that hasnt affected any of their decisions or character progression up to this exact point because they forgot!!!!" 

really dislike what they did with escanor or how pathetic the attempts to excuse his absence from particular fights are too. completely written into a corner. 

Faint    5859
12 hours ago, PSK said:

ye unfortunately im still reading this 

every bit of character development in the manga now is: person gains old memories and therefore is now both stronger and has solved the struggle they were facing. its cool to get to see their pasts but this arc is basically "this character had this secret past that hasnt affected any of their decisions or character progression up to this exact point because they forgot!!!!" 

really dislike what they did with escanor or how pathetic the attempts to excuse his absence from particular fights are too. completely written into a corner. 

yeah i mean the designs and artwork are still great but at this point its basically "lol fuck character development lets see this past memory!" - the only exclusion to this arguably is king who has legit developed as a character

the first arc was so damn good as well

»PSK    4447
35 minutes ago, Faint said:

yeah i mean the designs and artwork are still great but at this point its basically "lol fuck character development lets see this past memory!" - the only exclusion to this arguably is king who has legit developed as a character

the first arc was so damn good as well

i really think the only interesting character at this point is arthur. 

i was thinking about this more yesterday and even the new characters pop up out of nowhere. i give the sudden appearance of the commandments a pass because they have the link with the sins being formed originally to combat them, but the latest enemies on the side of the demons really strike you as a massive ass-pull out of nowhere to serve no purpose other than to pad a few chapters until zel and esta rejoin the battle. so yeah i dont even think its just about "fuck character development" as much as it's that the writer can come up with cool characters but has no idea how to handle them after their introduction (which is why we see ridiculous power level spikes, really shitty handling of those power level differences, shitty ways of conveying their past, and side characters completely abandoned). I don't see it getting any better either. I usually just wait a few weeks worth of chapters and then skim through at this stage (probably lack the willpower to stop altogether) 

if you're a big fan of this though, you should give black clover a shot. it has a very similar vibe to early sins chapters. its nothing amazing; the character development is super rushed and its very very shonen-y but its better than this and has better art imo. has an anime adaptation airing atm too.

• Upvote 1

Faint    5859

Hey does anyone remember when this manga was good

Like it peaked at the first indira transformation imo but this whole original demon (Chandler and cusak) arc has been fucking dreadful